How to change the Startup Animation on my Omnia

Guest Jay Mark

Guest Jay Mark

Hey All,

I appreciate you taking the time to read this one out.

I have an Omnia i900. When i turn it on the samsung Omnia logo appears, which is fine, then the phone plays about a 4-5sec intro for Vodafone (its a vodafone Omnia) 

What I would like to do is to replace that startup animation with something I create myself... you know instead of me seening branding and how great vodafone is, I want to load my own animation saying otherstuf....

Can anyone help? What foramat, how to change it?

PLEASE! - Thanks

Guest supertxull
Hey All,

I have an Omnia i900. When i turn it on the samsung Omnia logo appears, which is fine, then the phone plays about a 4-5sec intro for Vodafone (its a vodafone Omnia)

What I would like to do is to replace that startup animation with something I create myself... you know instead of me seening branding and how great vodafone is, I want to load my own animation saying otherstuf....

PLEASE! - Thanks

You need to change the Ani_Poweroff.gif and Ani_Poweron.gif in Windows folder.

Guest Jay Mark
You need to change the Ani_Poweroff.gif and Ani_Poweron.gif in Windows folder.

Hey,

Thanks... I just loged back on to this forum to say I figured it out while waiting for a response...you are indeed correct. OR if your mobile provider has their own .gif animation you need to locate  that animation by looking in the windows folder and replace it with you own animation. Just remember when you do to use the same filename else it wont work. So make a backup of the original file.

You can also customize the sound by changing the powerOFF.wav and the powerON.wav.

My phone not plays this neat VFX clip I made using after effects with a custom sound I made! Truly sweet! If you have any more questions just ask...

Guest nirvanax
Hey All,

PLEASE! - Thanks

can you post the files from vodafone please and the sound thanks in advanced

• 4 weeks later...
Guest thetwiztidfreak

Does anyone know the name of the verizon files to chang to do this? i cang seem to find any that are powerOn or powerOff or Ani_Poweroff.gif and Ani_Poweron.gif in my windows directory

Guest thetwiztidfreak
Does anyone know the name of the verizon files to chang to do this? i cang seem to find any that are powerOn or powerOff or Ani_Poweroff.gif and Ani_Poweron.gif in my windows directory

never mind i found them B)

Guest Dan Finn
never mind i found them :rolleyes:

Were you able to do anything with them? Mine were hidden/read-only which I was able to change with Resco Explorer. As soon as I renamed them though, they were recreated. I would love to get rid of the animation, but especially the sound from it, as I like to do my backups at 0100 while I'm asleep and the reboot of the phone wakes me up. :)

thanks,

dan

Edited by Dan Finn

Guest zingaralho

To Change Branded Startup and Shutdown animated images .

Since i dont whant to change the names of files or delete them i go trought registy

Monifications :

Find the fallow values

Registy :

HKLM / System / State / Samsung / Phone / Ani

Change 6_All_Ani_Off

Of your service provider (my was portuguese TMN ) - Shutdown_TMN.gif to Ani_Poweroff.gif (Samsung default)

Change 6_All_Ani_On

Of your service provider (my was Portuguese TMN )- Startup_TMN.gif to Ani_Poweron.gif (Samsung Default )

In my case the default samsung animations are in windows folder , so you dont have to delete the olders and upload the new ones

RESUME REGISTY

6_All_Ani_Off - value - Ani_Poweroff.gif

6_All_Ani_On - value - Ani_Poweron.gif

Guest ivanxxx

I am wondering about, If I remove these gif files, will my ppc fail to start up? My purpose is to make the start up faster.. Would it gonna work ? or is there an editing act to do with registry to realise the purpose in short way?

Pls reply any knowledgeable one :rolleyes:

Guest zingaralho
I am wondering about, If I remove these gif files, will my ppc fail to start up? My purpose is to make the start up faster.. Would it gonna work ? or is there an editing act to do with registry to realise the purpose in short way?

Pls reply any knowledgeable one :rolleyes:

Before do the regesty move , as i explained , i tried to remove the anims , and the result is , omnia boot but take more time (becouse dont find the files ) to kill the values on registy i didnt doit . and delete the sound files also didnt ,

so he as boot without anim , but with sound , in this way he take more time than with anim :s

I dont have sure if there is any call from another part of the sistem to that files , and now im with HK2 unbranded so i cant tell if is going to do something

when i have more time im going to study that entries and conections , and registys timers

Edited by zingaralho

Guest Sky Masters

Since i dont whant to change the names of files or delete them i go trought registy

Monifications :

Find the fallow values

Registy :

Change 6_All_Ani_Off

Of your service provider (my was portuguese TMN ) - Shutdown_TMN.gif to Ani_Poweroff.gif (Samsung default)

Change 6_All_Ani_On

Of your service provider (my was Portuguese TMN )- Startup_TMN.gif to Ani_Poweron.gif (Samsung Default )

In my case the default samsung animations are in windows folder , so you dont have to delete the olders and upload the new ones

RESUME REGISTY

I can't seem to locate my files..., any more help at all? Thanks

Guest thetwiztidfreak
where/how did you find them?

When looking for the files on my computer go to the windows directory on your device. Then you want to open your folder options. then select the "view" tab and in here you want to select "Show hidden files and folders" and you also want to uncheck hide protected operating system files. then you should be able to find the Ani_poweron.gif

Then to replace the file with a new one i had to use Resco file explorer and select the new animation and tell resco to send to -> windows folder. it will ask to overwrite and say ok. worked great for me.

not sure what zingaralho is talkingabout with the registry edits i didnt do those and mine works fine.

and does anyone know the name of the file that goes to the samsung loading screen when the omna first starts( samsung logo that has the progress bar) before it shows the branded animation?

Edited by thetwiztidfreak

Guest Sky Masters
When looking for the files on my computer go to the windows directory on your device. Then you want to open your folder options. then select the "view" tab and in here you want to select "Show hidden files and folders" and you also want to uncheck hide protected operating system files. then you should be able to find the Ani_poweron.gif

Then to replace the file with a new one i had to use Resco file explorer and select the new animation and tell resco to send to -> windows folder. it will ask to overwrite and say ok. worked great for me.

not sure what zingaralho is talkingabout with the registry edits i didnt do those and mine works fine.

and does anyone know the name of the file that goes to the samsung loading screen when the omna first starts( samsung logo that has the progress bar) before it shows the branded animation?

Thank you very much sir!

Guest thetwiztidfreak
Thank you very much sir!

no problem man. here are a couple i have been using. make sure the animations you use are the same resolution as the omnia or they will nto work properly. heres a site i found that will easily resize your gif animations for you

http://www.smileygenerator.us/t/gifresize/index.php

post-457149-1229119138_thumb.jpg

post-457149-1229119213_thumb.jpg

Edited by thetwiztidfreak

Guest zingaralho

The way i explained , you dont have to overwrite files, with sktools or resco registry editor , you only change the name of the animation you whant to put , if you have a animation with the name for example , 1stAni.gif , you put it in windows folder and just alter the registry key to that name :rolleyes:

no overwrites , no dels , and you can have a lot of animations with diferent names :)

Guest thetwiztidfreak
The way i explained , you dont have to overwrite files, with sktools or resco registry editor , you only change the name of the animation you whant to put , if you have a animation with the name for example , 1stAni.gif , you put it in windows folder and just alter the registry key to that name :rolleyes:

no overwrites , no dels , and you can have a lot of animations with diferent names :)

Oh ok that makes alot more sense now. sadly i dont have enough room on my device internal memory to have multiples. easyer to just overwrite original and same a few KB. Unles theres a way to route the boot animation to mystorage tht would be really cool

Guest thetwiztidfreak

Does any one know what file is used for the grey wallpaper on the default screen lock screen? Would like to change it to something cool and dont really like the slide lock program

Guest bmn4711

Hey, I was wondeeing how you could get into the registry editor of this phone.

Thanks for all help!

Edit: I found out you used PHM Editor. Edited the values and I gotta say, looks ALOT better then the Optus one! Thanks Alot

I'm still unsure if the startup time has decreased on increased...

Edit 2: Does anyone know how to remove the startup sound eg. I have the optus sound when starting up with the Samsung gif.

Edited by bmn4711

• 1 month later...
Guest dwallersv

There's some confusion here that I'd like to help with:

1. The files in question (animation gifs and sounds) are stored in the device ROM. They are not in Storage Memory.
  2. Because of #1, it does not save any space to "overwrite" any of these files with a different one, with the same name. When you do that, what happens is the new file consumes some real Storage Memory, just as if you'd given it a different name, and the filesystem updates internal FS pointers to point to the file in SM.
  3. This is why (#1) when you try and delete any of these files, reboot, and looks in \Windows they are still there. They can't be deleted -- they're in ROM.
  4. Again because of #1, it is why some people can't find them; depending on the File Browser you are using, you have to tell it in settings to show files in ROM. I use Resco Explorer, and I have to do exactly this to see these files. I have to do this to see other files, like PowerCalc.exe. In fact, turning on ROM files loads \Windows with a bazillion files and makes it cumbersome to browse, so I leave this option off unless I have a specific need to see these files. I don't know if it is even possible to view the ROM files in the stock WM6 File Browser.
Bottom line: Replacing these images and/or sounds will use up some space, no matter what. Registry hack, or overwrite. If the registry hack works when pointed to a file in My Storage or on an external storage card, that would seem to be the way to go. I haven't tried it.

• 1 year later...

How do you point to another file in another directory? I'm using the Windows7 startup anim but it's too slow, I'm thinking perhaps it's because the file is on the \Windows directory. Maybe it will improve if I use a file on My Doc's or somewhere else

• 2 years later...
Guest beefee

Monifications :

Find the fallow values

Registy  :

Change 6_All_Ani_Off

Change 6_All_Ani_On

RESUME REGISTY

thanks man.