Tweaks

Guest 200mpx

Guest kendubya
Cyberon Voice Speed Dial or MS Voice Commander only works on the Omnia handset completely (allows you to do a Voice Dailling activation from the Omnia's microphone) The moment you try to do it from your BT device it is not possible BUT you can receive calls on your BT - you have to put your Omnia in the Windowscreen mount; then you have to press the Voice Activation (icon or button) on your phone and use the Omnia's mic to do the Voice activation - then it is transferred to your BT.

Hasn't any1 find an answer for this problem yet?

MVC came on my i910 and works with BT. ( S9, WEP200, Explorer 370RUG. Anything I can do to help?

Guest cassie8
MVC came on my i910 and works with BT. ( S9, WEP200, Explorer 370RUG. Anything I can do to help?

You are talking about a new model the i910 ours are the i900's which SAMSUNG slipped up with not launching it with a Voice Speed Dial application.

Maybe you can publish the Audiogateway in the registry for us over here.

Thanks

Guest kendubya
You are talking about a new model the i910 ours are the i900's which SAMSUNG slipped up with not launching it with a Voice Speed Dial application.

Maybe you can publish the Audiogateway in the registry for us over here.

Thanks

Hope this helps

ab BTAGExtModule BTAGExtModule.dll

ab BTAGPModule BthAGPhoneBook.dll

D Capability 101 (0X000065)

D ConnectScoInAlways 1 (0X000001)

D NoRoleSwitch 1 (0X000001)

D OutgoingCallOption 1 (0X000001)

D SniffDelay 1000(00003E8)

D SupportCLI 0 (00000000)

ab VoiceRecognition VOICECOMMAND

Guest cassie8
Hope this helps

Thanks, the Omnia i900 Audiogateway looks like this, if I change it to the above will it works or do I nead to change some other settings in the registry as well - or do I have to change the firmware completely (please note in South Africa we only have HH1 - no upgrade yet)? Can any1 perhaps give us some help here!

D Capability 0X25 (37)

D ConnectScoInAlways 0X1 (1)

D NoRoleSwitch 0X1 (1)

D OutgoingCallOption 0X1 (1)

D SniffDelay 0X3E8 (1000)

D SupportCLI 0X0 (0)

Please note the last "ab VoiceRecognition VOICECOMMAND" is not present in the "audiogateway" of the Omnia i900

Guest Michael122w
Has anyone experience that TouchResponse causes problems with the OS in their Omnia's. After 2 hard resets and complete rebuilds it did it again on my Omnia disabling "Settings" and leaving me with the: Windows Mobile screen saying:

We're Sorry

A problem has occured with ControlPanel.exe

Please tell Microsoft about the problem...... etc.

Unable to open up settings one cannot get to "RemovePrograms" or "Hard Reset" and has to do a physical Hard Reset.

Sorry to hear your having problems with it, Cassie8! I haven't experienced anything like that - it has been perfectly stable on my omnia since I installed it.

Thanks, the Omnia i900 Audiogateway looks like this, if I change it to the above will it works or do I nead to change some other settings in the registry as well - or do I have to change the firmware completely (please note in South Africa we only have HH1 - no upgrade yet)? Can any1 perhaps give us some help here!

D Capability 0X25 (37)

D NoRoleSwitch 0X1 (1)

D SupportCLI 0X0 (0)

Please note the last "ab VoiceRecognition VOICECOMMAND" is not present in the "audiogateway" of the Omnia i900

Yes kendubya what he said. Is there a file that we are missing as well? Hook us up man B)

Guest cassie8
Sorry to hear your having problems with it, Cassie8! I haven't experienced anything like that - it has been perfectly stable on my omnia since I installed it.

I discovered that if you install apps in the "My Storage" then it causes these problems hanging "Settings" etc. After a complete rebuild and installing all apps in the main memory everything is well and no more "We're sorry" screens from Windows Mobile.

Tell me does "TouchResponse" makes the phone more responsive or is it only for the vibration effect that you guys are installing it ???

Guest finaldestiny

Its only the vibration effect you get. Some ppl here say that by vibrating on every touch they're able to maneuver through the touch screen much better. I tried it in combination with the m2d03 rom and it wasn't that great for me, texting was a pain, kept jerking up and being unresponsive. Even after I removed it though i felt it was still happening so maybe it was something else.

Also, about the voice gate way stuff, it looks like they're both identical with the exception of the last (missing) value. Just wanted to point that out in case someone missed it.

Guest cassie8
Its only the vibration effect you get. Some ppl here say that by vibrating on every touch they're able to maneuver through the touch screen much better. I tried it in combination with the m2d03 rom and it wasn't that great for me, texting was a pain, kept jerking up and being unresponsive. Even after I removed it though i felt it was still happening so maybe it was something else.

Also, about the voice gate way stuff, it looks like they're both identical with the exception of the last (missing) value. Just wanted to point that out in case someone missed it.

Thanks for the response on the Touch program and for checking the voice gateway stuff. Except for the values and the last missing line. But does the last line point to something else that must be called in the registry? Is there perhaps more than can be seen in the pasted values of only the "Audiogateway"?

Maybe we can get the complete registry settings of the Omniaa i910 for: HKey_local_machine/Software/MicrosoftBluetooth

and: HKey_local_machine/Software/OEM/Voicecomand

Is somebody perhaps keen to paste it for us over here, and can SAMSUNG officials become part of this misterry and give us some help here.

Edited by cassie8

Hi guys,

here is a little tweak for those of you seeking fast speed response from our device.

It seem that the cpu of the omnia dynamically changes its frequency from 210 to 630 mhz , this is great for the battery but no so good if you want it feel fast.

I installed for fun xcpuscalar and though it doesnt work properly, from my experience it does lock the device at 630mhz, its maximum frequency ( it doesnt overclock it) no matter what speed is chosen in the interface, this in practice means a very fast and responsible machine but also worse battery.

I did some test with spb benchmarks and the cpu scores are over 2700 compared to the 1900 as standar

it would be great if in future someone developed a little app for controlling a bit better the speed of our device

Cheers!

Guest sh1n0l3i
Hey guys!

I propose to keep in this topic tweaks specific to our device.

Here is the first one that will let you have 10mb more of free Program memory B) :

- Disabling of Samsung dialer:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESecurityPhoneSkin]

"Enabled"=dword:1, you should change to 0 and reboot your Omnia

So you will have a standart windows dialer without any screen lock thing from Samsung and app. 10mb more of free memory. The only thing you can regret is the vibro on dialer buttons

Thanks to Senator for this tweak!

omg thanks for this i tried it and it freed 30mb of ram! lol went from 30 to 60 free

D Capability 0X25 (37)

D NoRoleSwitch 0X1 (1)

D SupportCLI 0X0 (0)

Hi,

I have Omnia i900 device. I have the same problem you were talking about. I see that by changing the the Omnia i900 Audiogateway the problem will be fixed. However, I dont understand how to do it. How do I get into this Omnia i900 Audiogateway? please help me... B)

ASA10

Guest Jokes On You

Does anyone know of a registry that will allow me to install java applications to a memory card instead of to my phone? My java games are really eating up my program memory. B)

Hope this helps

Hi,

I'm asking you the same question as I asked cassio8.

I have Omnia i900 device. I have the same problem you were talking about. I see that by changing the the Omnia i900 Audiogateway the problem will be fixed. However, I dont understand how to do it. How do I get into this Omnia i900 Audiogateway? is it a file? can I do it through the settings? please help me... B)

ASA10

Does anyone know of a registry that will allow me to install java applications to a memory card instead of to my phone? My java games are really eating up my program memory. B)

Try HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> JBlend -> JBlend_Dir original is "\Windows" change it what ever you want. Not tested yet myself...

i think it's not working.. Java application doesn't open when I cange to "\My Storage\Java". It create java and special java folders but nothing else

Edited by ilkkes

Guest Motofone

If you are fed up with having to switch off the internet connection manually when you have finished

there is a reg edit that switches it off auto.

HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\SuspendResume

Delete ~GPRS leave blank

If on some apps this does not auto switch off you just have to press the end button once and

connection will end.

Cheers

Edited by Motofone

D Capability 0X25 (37)

D NoRoleSwitch 0X1 (1)

D SupportCLI 0X0 (0)

Hi

I think I understand now where is the audiogateway. However, the last note is also missing there. Is this note works also works with cyberion speed dialer 1.2 (which I have) or only with MS Voice Command.

ASA10

Guest cassie8
Hi

I think I understand now where is the audiogateway. However, the last note is also missing there. Is this note works also works with cyberion speed dialer 1.2 (which I have) or only with MS Voice Command.

ASA10

Hi ASA10, that is why I asked the question in my post above about the fact if we might need to make some changes somewhere else also in the registry and if we don't perhaps missing a file. AND THAT IS WHY I ASKED IF SOMEBODY WITH A NEW i910 CAN JUST CHECK FOR US FURTHER BUT NOBODY REACTED - SO SAD THE HELP PEOPLE ARE PREPAIRED TO OFFER SOMETIME.

To come back to your question: I don't think your reference to the last note which refers to: "VoiceCommand" specifically refers to MS Voice Comand, I think it is a programmable command in general that call any Voice Command. That's what I think and hope becausse I also used Cyberon Speed Dialer - but I haven't made these change in the AudioGateway yet to see if it work - I was waiting for people to give us more feedback regarding their new i910's - BUT APPERENTLY IT LOOKS LIKE NOBODY IS INTERESTED

Hi ASA10, that is why I asked the question in my post above about the fact if we might need to make some changes somewhere else also in the registry and if we don't perhaps missing a file. AND THAT IS WHY I ASKED IF SOMEBODY WITH A NEW i910 CAN JUST CHECK FOR US FURTHER BUT NOBODY REACTED - SO SAD THE HELP PEOPLE ARE PREPAIRED TO OFFER SOMETIME.

To come back to your question: I don't think your reference to the last note which refers to: "VoiceCommand" specifically refers to MS Voice Comand, I think it is a programmable command in general that call any Voice Command. That's what I think and hope becausse I also used Cyberon Speed Dialer - but I haven't made these change in the AudioGateway yet to see if it work - I was waiting for people to give us more feedback regarding their new i910's - BUT APPERENTLY IT LOOKS LIKE NOBODY IS INTERESTED

Hi cassie8

Thanks for your answer. This is amazing, when I first got the OMNIA I thought it was the best iPhone I've ever seen. However, such a simple and important feature that is missing (which is an integral feature within the Nokia and HTC). What a shame...

BTW, did you ask the Samsung Technical Support (I will appreciate if you can give me their link). Are they aware of this lack?

Thanks again

ASA10

Guest Jokes On You
Try HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> JBlend -> JBlend_Dir original is "\Windows" change it what ever you want. Not tested yet myself...

i think it's not working.. Java application doesn't open when I cange to "\My Storage\Java". It create java and special java folders but nothing else

Aww man was really happy there for a moment. Did you try installing new java apps after you moved it?

Guest Jokes On You
Hi guys,

here is a little tweak for those of you seeking fast speed response from our device.

It seem that the cpu of the omnia dynamically changes its frequency from 210 to 630 mhz , this is great for the battery but no so good if you want it feel fast.

I installed for fun xcpuscalar and though it doesnt work properly, from my experience it does lock the device at 630mhz, its maximum frequency ( it doesnt overclock it) no matter what speed is chosen in the interface, this in practice means a very fast and responsible machine but also worse battery.

I did some test with spb benchmarks and the cpu scores are over 2700 compared to the 1900 as standar

it would be great if in future someone developed a little app for controlling a bit better the speed of our device

Cheers!

I used XCPUScaler but the batter drain is very true. It does offer alot of controll if you look at the option for percentage control so if your cpu is a 50% it will run at 300mhz and so on but increasing the Mhz it will do a number on the battery. B)

Guest fergusso
Hi guys,

Cheers!

with XCPUscalar running you scored 2700 and 1900 without it

the values is by ms (milli seconds ....) it measures the time it takes to read or write or execute applications to your device....

i did benchmark it too using xcpuscalar and found out that it doesnt help at all.....

its taking too much time to do something with xcpuscalar

from the values you obtained it shows that with xcpuscalar for omnia .... it doesnt speed it up, it lowers the process

the only advantage of this program is it will save your battery if you underclock the device however it will make it slow.