Tweaks

Guest 200mpx

Guest Cretster

Guys - I've been trying to get TouchResponse to work on my Omnia but I can't.

It says a soft reset is required after installing so I allow it, but I can't find the settings anywhere to use it!! I believe it's meant to be under Settings>System>Touch Reponse Settings, but this does not exist after the installation. Have tried installing both to device and my storage.

What have I done wrong?!

Guest mementomori
Hey guys,

I had been a little annoyed at the sensitivity of the screen on my omnia. It is not so good at detecting finger presses - particularly on the OK button! I have recently installed the TouchResponse program and I am loving it! The program gives Haptic feedback to every screen tap - not just the Samsung buttons.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450256

If you set the LED (in the advanced options) to 10, it should work perfectly. I have set the response to be very soft (~10 ms) - which means that I can get a soft vibe for most presses and a stronger vibe for the Samsung buttons. It has made such a difference to my experience with the device!

Try it and see :rolleyes:

Michael

just tried it, makes me smile :) ..really good tip

Guest mementomori
Guys - I've been trying to get TouchResponse to work on my Omnia but I can't.

It says a soft reset is required after installing so I allow it, but I can't find the settings anywhere to use it!! I believe it's meant to be under Settings>System>Touch Reponse Settings, but this does not exist after the installation. Have tried installing both to device and my storage.

What have I done wrong?!

strange just installed it.. no problem. If your using spb ms then go to settings via start menu.. somehow didnt find it in my settings in spb..weird

maybe i missed it :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SpiritRC
Thanks for the response on the Touch program and for checking the voice gateway stuff. Except for the values and the last missing line. But does the last line point to something else that must be called in the registry? Is there perhaps more than can be seen in the pasted values of only the "Audiogateway"?

Maybe we can get the complete registry settings of the Omniaa i910 for: HKey_local_machine/Software/MicrosoftBluetooth

and: HKey_local_machine/Software/OEM/Voicecomand

Is somebody perhaps keen to paste it for us over here, and can SAMSUNG officials become part of this misterry and give us some help here.

I've checked my Glofiish X500 (WM6.0) where Cyberon Voice Commander works fine with my car BT handsfree (it doesn't listen for voice activation, but at least reacts to the voice dialing button on the handsfree). The only difference I found was in HKLM/Software/OEM/VoiceCommand and the capabilites key in MS/Bluetooth. I've changed those on my wife's i900/16Gb (PUHJ2 firmware) but in vain. I also tried installing JetWare BT extension on Omnia and setting it to handle Voice Dialing, but that didn't help either. :rolleyes:

Guest Nost@lgia

Auto GPRS disconnect

REGEDIT4

;Enable auto disconnect GPRS if not use 60 seconds

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings]

"CacheTime"=dword:0000003c

"SuspendResume"="GPRS_bye_if_device_off"

;Disable auto connect GPRS

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction]

"EnableCPHSONS"=dword:00000001

"NoGPRSAutoAttach"=dword:00000001

---------------------------------------------------------

I've got this info from googling.. probably from XDA forum.. all credits to Xda.

Guest cassie8
I've checked my Glofiish X500 (WM6.0) where Cyberon Voice Commander works fine with my car BT handsfree (it doesn't listen for voice activation, but at least reacts to the voice dialing button on the handsfree). The only difference I found was in HKLM/Software/OEM/VoiceCommand and the capabilites key in MS/Bluetooth. I've changed those on my wife's i900/16Gb (PUHJ2 firmware) but in vain. I also tried installing JetWare BT extension on Omnia and setting it to handle Voice Dialing, but that didn't help either. :rolleyes:

Thanks SpiritRC,

I know I've tried everything but nothing works (even Jetware) Samsung did fixed it on the new i910 but unfortunately they DIDN'T care about their existing customers with i900's - Money speaks and they just want to sell new i910's They do not realise that many Omnia i900 users are ready to part with their devices and never go into partnership with Samsung again - I for one will not buy any of their products anymore. This problem existed with the Omnia i900 since its launch and they didn't care to fix it.

Guest Emre SUMENGEN
Thanks SpiritRC,

I know I've tried everything but nothing works (even Jetware) Samsung did fixed it on the new i910 but unfortunately they DIDN'T care about their existing customers with i900's - Money speaks and they just want to sell new i910's They do not realise that many Omnia i900 users are ready to part with their devices and never go into partnership with Samsung again - I for one will not buy any of their products anymore. This problem existed with the Omnia i900 since its launch and they didn't care to fix it.

That's highly true with me, too... I wonder if anybody from Samsung read these comments. (Engineers or marketing guys, maybe?)

Guest Jokes On You
Hey guys,

I had been a little annoyed at the sensitivity of the screen on my omnia. It is not so good at detecting finger presses - particularly on the OK button! I have recently installed the TouchResponse program and I am loving it! The program gives Haptic feedback to every screen tap - not just the Samsung buttons.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450256

If you set the LED (in the advanced options) to 10, it should work perfectly. I have set the response to be very soft (~10 ms) - which means that I can get a soft vibe for most presses and a stronger vibe for the Samsung buttons. It has made such a difference to my experience with the device!

Try it and see :rolleyes:

Michael

Has anyone experienced significant battery drain with using this program?

Edited by Jokes On You

Guest vincentvan

Isn'it possible that the Omnia would noticeably improve by installing the new .NET3.5?

Mind you that even if you have installed the new .Net version the telefon will not make use of it until it is activated by a little operation via regedit.

I have'nt tried it (yet ) on the Omnia because I've never heard of anyone else havin done it, but theoretically since it improved my HTC it should improve the Omnia too.

What do you think?

In fact beside the Omnia I also own an HTC touch HD, which I did'nt really like until following the advice of a dedicated HTC forum I installed the new .NET and then activated it with regedit.

Now I love my touch HD.

My Omnia is also excellent: fast , very responsive screen, and none of the bugs you are complaining about.

Yes the fact that Samsung did'nt include an essential feature as voice dialing in the Omnia is unexcusable, BUT now that I have installed Cyberon voice dialer (thanx Cassie) the only pain is that I have to tap a soft button on the handset to start a call (via phone's mic).

Could it be that my Rom is newer than yours?

I got my phone in the beginning of november , but because I dropped it and broke it , my seller replaced with a new Omnia the 20th of december.

My ROM is marked as : PDA i900XBHJ2/XBHJ1

Phone i900XBHI3.

How new is that? Is there a newer ROM?

Edited by vincentvan

Guest cassie8
Isn'it possible that the Omnia would noticeably improve by installing the new .NET3.5?

Mind you that even if you have installed the new .Net version the telefon will not make use of it until it is activated by a little operation via regedit.

I have'nt tried it (yet ) on the Omnia because I've never heard of anyone else havin done it, but theoretically since it improved my HTC it should improve the Omnia too.

What do you think?

In fact beside the Omnia I also own an HTC touch HD, which I did'nt really like until following the advice of a dedicated HTC forum I installed the new .NET and then activated it with regedit.

Now I love my touch HD.

My Omnia is also excellent: fast , very responsive screen, and none of the bugs you are complaining about.

Yes the fact that Samsung did'nt include an essential feature as voice dialing in the Omnia is unexcusable, BUT now that I have installed Cyberon voice dialer (thanx Cassie) the only pain is that I have to tap a soft button on the handset to start a call (via phone's mic).

I got my phone in the beginning of november , but because I dropped it and broke it , my seller replaced with a new Omnia the 20th of december.

Phone i900XBHI3.

I don't know about the .Net3.5 but I could do voice dialing (as you decribed it, with Cyberon Voice Speed dial) already on my original rom that was dated back to August. I have installed Winterface so that I've the little larger Voice speed icon on the screen which makes it little bit easier to touch while driving (and doing an illegal action)

However amsung upgraded my Omnia to i900JCHJ3/JCHJ3 and I still can't do Voice dialling via a BT device. See our discussion also at: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...es/#entry952638

Can'st somebody gives Samsung a little shake-up; it is such a nice phone just please fix Voice dialling via BlueTooth for us on the i900 like you did on the new i910, Samsung, PLEASE.

Guest vincentvan
I don't know about the .Net3.5 but I could do voice dialing (as you decribed it, with Cyberon Voice Speed dial) already on my original rom that was dated back to August. I have installed Winterface so that I've the little larger Voice speed icon on the screen which makes it little bit easier to touch while driving (and doing an illegal action)

However amsung upgraded my Omnia to i900JCHJ3/JCHJ3 and I still can't do

.Net 3.5 has meant a huge improvement on every aspect of my touch HD particularly browsing, using online apps, downloads, video/audio streaming etc.

Since both devices use the same edition of win mobile I'm pretty sure the Omnia would also benefit from the upgrade.I haven't yet done it because just to install the prog. is not enough: you also have to install regedit and change to settings in the registry so that the phone would make use of the newer .net, I copied those settings for the touch HD from another forum, but I would'nt know how to do it on the Omnia.

I just hope someone will do it and then explain to us noobs how to proceed.

As for the ROM is your newer/better than mine?

I guess it is since the last digits on mine are J2/J1 and on yours J3/J3 , but do all the rest of that alphabet soup makes any sense? Is my ROM very old/outdated?

And , more importantly, did you notice any improvement after the Rom update? Would you suggest me to start looking for the newer ROM?

Guest chaosmobc
Hey guys!

I propose to keep in this topic tweaks specific to our device.

Here is the first one that will let you have 10mb more of free Program memory :rolleyes: :

- Disabling of Samsung dialer:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]

"Enabled"=dword:1, you should change to 0 and reboot your Omnia

So you will have a standart windows dialer without any screen lock thing from Samsung and app. 10mb more of free memory. The only thing you can regret is the vibro on dialer buttons

Thanks to Senator for this tweak!

thankssss

Guest vincentvan
I put all the tweaks I've found to date in one thread

http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/2009/01/ver...i900-unleashed/

I'll update with more..

easier when it is on one page...ehhe

I have read with great interest the link you provided here and if I understand it right , you have installed on your i900 Omnia (not i910 right?) the new .NET 3.5.

I have done that on my HTC HD with great benefit and now I would really like to do it on my i900 Omnia too.

I would really be greatful if you could clarify a couple of points to me.

First: the link you provide is an MSI file (which requires you to install on your PC ) but I have found also a link for .NET 3.5 in CAB format would nt it be better to install that one?

second: is it necessary to install a regedit prog. on the Omnia to set it to use the new .net as default?

Third : if yes , would you be so kind and patient as to explain me exactly what settings need to be changed on the OMNIA? On the HTC I had to change two settings , but it seems that you mantain that only one change would suffice for the i900 Omnia. Is that right?

Thank you man, my gratefulness will be unbounded, and you will always be remembered in my evenings prayers.

Guest travelbug

What do you think?

Now I love my touch HD.

Phone i900XBHI3.

hi just installed net 3.5 and did the registry tweak

my omnia seems alittle bit more snappy when switching in spb mobile shell. surfing via opera seems to be the same. scrolling in different programs seems to be the same too.

entering texts in threaded messaging seems to be slower though.

just tested it now so it could just be my perception.

could anyone else confirm this?

Guest finaldestiny

Not really a tweak, just a tip :rolleyes: that I just found today, havn't seen it mentioned anywhere so far.

From the phone dial pad, you can quickly call anyone in your phone book by just spelling out their name using the phonepad. For example to quickly call some named 'Joanna' in your phone book, just enter 562662 and you'll see it automatically filtering to find the name. Saves you from hitting the phonebook button, then scrolling to the contact.

Hope this helps sumone else because i'd say i'm fairly windows mobile/ computer literate person, & i found it astounding that i hadn't noticed i could do that before. :)

Guest smilepak
I have read with great interest the link you provided here and if I understand it right , you have installed on your i900 Omnia (not i910 right?) the new .NET 3.5.

I have done that on my HTC HD with great benefit and now I would really like to do it on my i900 Omnia too.

I would really be greatful if you could clarify a couple of points to me.

First: the link you provide is an MSI file (which requires you to install on your PC ) but I have found also a link for .NET 3.5 in CAB format would nt it be better to install that one?

second: is it necessary to install a regedit prog. on the Omnia to set it to use the new .net as default?

Third : if yes , would you be so kind and patient as to explain me exactly what settings need to be changed on the OMNIA? On the HTC I had to change two settings , but it seems that you mantain that only one change would suffice for the i900 Omnia. Is that right?

Thank you man, my gratefulness will be unbounded, and you will always be remembered in my evenings prayers.

To correct, I install it on the Verizon Omnia i910. But it will work on the i900 as well. I've tried both actually. The CAB verision and the MSI version. Both works the same way. The cab version is easier if you dont have a PC to sync it to. The MSI version just uses the PC to send the CAB over to activeSync.

The registry is needed to force usage of .NET 3.5. Otherwise, it is left to the program to pick and chose which one to use. What the CAB file does is add the additional registry setting, but doesn't enforce it. The registry changes disable 2.0 and enforce 3.5.

Hope that clarify your question.

Guest vincentvan
To correct, I install it on the Verizon Omnia i910. But it will work on the i900 as well. I've tried both actually. The CAB verision and the MSI version. Both works the same way. The cab version is easier if you dont have a PC to sync it to. The MSI version just uses the PC to send the CAB over to activeSync.

The registry is needed to force usage of .NET 3.5. Otherwise, it is left to the program to pick and chose which one to use. What the CAB file does is add the additional registry setting, but doesn't enforce it. The registry changes disable 2.0 and enforce 3.5.

Hope that clarify your question.

Yes it did.

thank you very very much.

Now I have installed and activated .Net 3.5 on my omnia too and I can already see it's faster and more responsive specially with online apps.

A fellow member , a couple of posts back, asked if someone could provide some benchmarks and yes I have read those benchmarks on a link I found right here on MoDaCo, but I can't remember where.

Anyway those benchmarks showed that the increment in performance for nearly all activities is real and substantial.

If I'll manage to find again the page I'll post the link.

Cheers.

Yes it did.

Now I have installed and activated .Net 3.5 on my omnia too and I can already see it's faster and more responsive specially with online apps.

A fellow member , a couple of posts back, asked if someone could provide some benchmarks and yes I have read those benchmarks on a link I found right here on MoDaCo, but I can't remember where.

Anyway those benchmarks showed that the increment in performance for nearly all activities is real and substantial.

Cheers.

I used the CAB file from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=349367#6

Guest cassie8
Yes it did.

Cheers.

I still need to answer your question you asked me previously, but can you give me the registry tweak you did for .Net 3.5 for the Omnia

Thanks

Edited by cassie8