UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest dwallersv
Here's the problem with this. Where i live, my choices are currently VZW or Alltel. No AT&T, no T-Mobile, nada. Alltel has s*** coverage, VZW has s*** customer service. and the 2 are merging. Where exactly is MY "Choice"? To not have cell service at all? It's a requirement for my position that i have it. Also, the phones that VZW gave many of the reviewers didn't have the GPS locked down, so there are lots of reviews out there that say that it has "unlocked GPS" or just plain "gps" which I believe that verizon did on purpose to build up the hype, and when people bought the phone, "oh yeahh, GPS is VZNavigator". As i've mentioned previousely on the boards here, My state has terrible cell coverage overall. When i drive to one of my branches, of a 3 hour drive, nearly 2 hours has NO coverage at all. As in i couldn't make a call if it was an emergency. VZNav doesn't work with no cell coverage, it requires it to download the maps section by section. as such, VZNav is worthless to me even if i was willing to pay the $10/mo for it. Where Google Maps will cache the maps. Yeah, i have to do that by hand, scroll over my entire route and pre-cache the maps before heading out, but at least i can use it while in an area without coverage.
That sucks.

Similarly, where I live, the ATT UMTS coverage is really bad. So, because I really, really wanted an Omnia, and even when ATT gets around to offering it in a few months it would suck because I would not have much 3G use if any, I switched to Verizon.

Should I be pounding on ATT because they have decided, due to business considerations, not to put a cell tower near enough me to give me what I want?

Again, I sympathize with your situation. But that's not Verizon's fault, or problem. It's yours. They have no moral obligation to provide you, or millions upon millions of others with unique needs and wants, exactly what you would like.

As I said in my post that you responded to, it pisses me off that Verizon cripples their devices and tries to nickel and dime its customers for functionality that is built in to their devices. But being pissed off is an entirely different matter than feeling I've been wronged. For the latter, the other party would have had to do something to me that was wrong (i.e. immoral, unethical), and that is simply not the case. Verizon offers the products they choose to offer, with the capabilities they choose to include, and I can freely choose to do business with them, or not. If I choose to live somewhere where they are the only game in town, again that's my choice, my responsibility, my fault. Not theirs.

Man-up and take responsibility for your own personal decisions, dude, and stop blaming others. If you decide to live in Assbackwardstan where there is little to no cell coverage, that's your responsibility, not Verizon's.

Guest JASTECH

krelvanaz, As one gets older and sometimes the young can teach us a thing or two. I still seem to want to trust more then I should (says my wife). But how can we live and never trust anybody? That would lead to a very sheltered life. If you are around my age as you seem to insinuate then what happened to the truth in ads? Now they all try to find a "legal" way to miss lead you until enough outcry or Attorneys step in and challenge them. What they play on TV, Videos, Movies now would have gotten them arrested way back. The line just keeps moving and they keep crossing it and kids now a days think it's ok and don't believe the good book (Bible). So where do we stop it? Now where is the line? Is the day of Mad Max coming sooner then we think? Revelation is upon us.

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

Guest paradizelost
krelvanaz, As one gets older and sometimes the young can teach us a thing or two. I still seem to want to trust more then I should (says my wife). But how can we live and never trust anybody? That would lead to a very sheltered life. If you are around my age as you seem to insinuate then what happened to the truth in ads? Now they all try to find a "legal" way to miss lead you until enough outcry or Attorneys step in and challenge them. What they play on TV, Videos, Movies now would have gotten them arrested way back. The line just keeps moving and they keep crossing it and kids now a days think it's ok and don't believe the good book (Bible). So where do we stop it? Now where is the line? Is the day of Mad Max coming sooner then we think? Revelation is upon us.

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

If you're going to go that far, I've got a way for you to solve all of humanities problems, regardless of the (not so) good book. Destroy all humanity, and the world will be saved! :)

Guest Aximtreo
If you're going to go that far, I've got a way for you to solve all of humanities problems, regardless of the (not so) good book. Destroy all humanity, and the world will be saved! :)

Jas.*, you and I seem to be from the same era; left our doors open at hope; never locked the car and left the keys in the ignition. We even accepted a handshake as a man's word and needed no paper trail for support. Verizon isn't the only company that shoots us a line of s*** and we buy it.

I went through an identify theft that cost me money to correct. All this talent going to blowing smoke up our butts or stealing. Thaink how short the wait time for GPS would be if this talent went to solving the problem.

My 2 cents.

Guest M Moogle
Can somebody who actually knows what they're doing with a disassembler, .dll files, and drivers look into the following for me?

In the rilcdma.dll driver (which is the driver that interfaces with the CDMA radio hardware) located on the phone, there are a whole ton of GPS related functions, including what looks to me like the hardware initialization, location requests, and a bunch of GPS locking/encryption related items! Looking at the equivalent rilgsm.dll from a GSM Omnia, none of these functions/routines exist. I'm thinking that the rilcdma.dll driver is what is setting up the encrypted GPS output.

So, I'm thinking the following approaches can be taken from here:

1) Somebody (not me) who understands .dll files figures out the sequence of calls that are made to initalize the GPS hardware, and makes it "skip" the part that sets up the encryption. Then we try to talk directly to the GPS hardware COM port (and ignore the Windows Managed GPS settings and GPSServer)

2) Find a rilcdma.dll from a very similar phone and try replacing it (which most likely won't work and just kill the radio). Or just figuring out what the version on the Verizon Omnia is doing compared to a phone that doesn't lock down the GPS hardware.

The rilcdma.dll file can be found from a ROM dump of the phone. PM me for the file ONLY IF you're capable of doing something with it.

I really think this is worth looking into. The rilcdma.dll from an unlocked Sprint Samsung CDMA phone doesn't have any of these procedures in it.

Does anyone have the skills to do what I've said above?

Also, could we keep this thread more on topic? I swear if I see another repost of that Verizon press release...

Guest dwallersv

FEH!

I'll be 47 next month. Have seen a lot of this in my lifetime. Nothing's really changed, nor has "the line" moved meaningfully in terms of advertising ethics. The term "buyer beware" is an old one -- from before my time.

When I was a youth the big thing was "New and Improved!". Things like laundry soap, car wax, kitchen cleaners, and on and on, were somehow constantly getting better! All the time! For a reason indiscernible to chemists, ammonia works better today than it did in 1990, and in 1990 it worked better than in 1980. And on and on.

So don't get hoodwinked into thinking that goods and service providers are somehow pulling a fast one on us all today that, in "the good ol' days" we didn't have to be careful of. The ethics are the same today as then. Everyone maximizes the best spin possible -- within basic ethics -- to present their product. It's not evil, not wrong, not immoral, and it is a practice older than the "oldest profession" :-)

Buyer Beware. If you don't look out for yourself, no one else will, sucker!

Guest Apo11on
Forthcoming? I've never seen a single Verizon advertisement that advertised the i910 as having an Internal GPS. Instead, the advertising says that VZNav as an option was available which is exactly what they sold.

If you assumed that since the i900 had an accessible GPS, that the i910 would too, then you made the mistake. It was clear before I bought mine that that was not the case.

krelvinaz you're the one, who makes a mistake, assuming if Verizon did not advertise certain feature for the phone people should assume it's not there. Verizon is a carrier, not a device manufacturer and there is no place on Verizon site where they give "Full Technical Specifications" for Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 handset. Whenever the carrier does NOT provide full tech. specs the only official source for that information is the manufacturer. In thise case, Samsung USA. I can assure you on the Samsung website this model was listed with fully functional GPS and A-GPS. Recently, Samsung has removed GPS from their website and put a small print notice "Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notification."

So, when I went to buy this phone and I saw Verizon does NOT list full technical specs - I went to the manufacturer and got that info from them. It is a legitimate step and and since this phone was produced by Samsung solely for Verizon - if GPS was not available - it should not have been listed and I guarantee you it was. There was no note about it being disabled on the Samsung site and there was no note on Verizon site to disregard the official specs of the phone manufacturer, who made that device for them. That is a customer deception, although not as clear one as the blackberry case - more sophisticated, but still a deception and a legitimate reason for a lawsuit, for whoever may wish to pursue it.

Guest dwallersv
krelvinaz you're the one, who makes a mistake, assuming if Verizon did not advertise certain feature for the phone people should assume it's not there. Verizon is a carrier, not a device manufacturer and there is no place on Verizon site where they give "Full Technical Specifications" for Samsung Omnia SCH-i910 handset. Whenever the carrier does NOT provide full tech. specs the only official source for that information is the manufacturer. In thise case, Samsung USA. I can assure you on the Samsung website this model was listed with fully functional GPS and A-GPS. Recently, Samsung has removed GPS from their website and put a small print notice "Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notification."

So, when I went to buy this phone and I saw Verizon does NOT list full technical specs - I went to the manufacturer and got that info from them. It is a legitimate step and and since this phone was produced by Samsung solely for Verizon - if GPS was not available - it should not have been listed and I guarantee you it was. There was no note about it being disabled on the Samsung site and there was no note on Verizon site to disregard the official specs of the phone manufacturer, who made that device for them. That is a customer deception, although not as clear one as the blackberry case - more sophisticated, but still a deception and a legitimate reason for a lawsuit, for whoever may wish to pursue it.

No.

What you're missing is that the fact that GPS exists in a device made by Samsung, and by reviewing Samsung information you are able to find out this information, there is no obligation on Verizon's part, selling the device to you as an OEM, to provide all the functionality the device is capable of. There is nothing deceptive about that at all.

If your standard were to prevail, we could sue Linksys for not providing 802.11a capabilities in B/G-only routers because they are using a Broadcom chipset inside that has full A capability, but choose to design the firmware to support only B and G for that device, which is intended to be a B/G router, and sold as such. The fact that I can go to Broadcom and discover capabilities of some of the internal hardware that are not implemented means nothing.

Verizon has not been deceptive. They never told anyone that an Omnia, purchased through them for their network, would have open hardware GPS functionality. Indeed, everything they advertise, spec, or detail about the phone is pretty clear that the only navigation / location services are through their subscription service.

I'm as frustrated by this as you, and angry with the industry that they do this sort of thing. But, as I've said in prior posts, I have not been decieved, nor has Verizon pulled any sort of deception on me. I researched the Omnia extensively before getting one, knew that it was capable of hardware GPS, knew that Verizon crippled it out of commission on their version, and bought one anyway.

If you didn't do your due diligence, then you have been self-decieved. If you did, and like me knew all of this, you are failing to take responsibility for your own actions in a free, voluntary transaction with Verizon where they did absolutely nothing to make you believe that the 910 would function according to what specs Samsung advertises.

Stop blaming Verizon for your own actions. Again, they piss me off too. But they've done nothing unethical. ATT pissed me off by delaying introduction of the Omnia due to their iPhone campaign. There was nothing unethical about that either.

Blaming someone else because they won't provide you with exactly what you want is, well, acting like a baby.

Edited by dwallersv

Guest Apo11on
No.

What you're missing is that the fact that GPS exists in a device made by Samsung, and by reviewing Samsung information you are able to find out this information, there is no obligation on Verizon's part, selling the device to you as an OEM, to provide all the functionality the device is capable of. There is nothing deceptive about that at all.

If your standard were to prevail, we could sue Linksys for not providing 802.11a capabilities in B/G-only routers because they are using a Broadcom chipset inside that has full A capability, but choose to design the firmware to support only B and G for that device, which is intended to be a B/G router, and sold as such. The fact that I can go to Broadcom and discover capabilities of some of the internal hardware that are not implemented means nothing.

Verizon has not been deceptive. They never told anyone that an Omnia, purchased through them for their network, would have open hardware GPS functionality. Indeed, everything they advertise, spec, or detail about the phone is pretty clear that the only navigation / location services are through their subscription service.

I'm as frustrated by this as you, and angry with the industry that they do this sort of thing. But, as I've said in prior posts, I have not been decieved, nor has Verizon pulled any sort of deception on me. I researched the Omnia extensively before getting one, knew that it was capable of hardware GPS, knew that Verizon crippled it out of commission on their version, and bought one anyway.

If you didn't do your due diligence, then you have been self-decieved. If you did, and like me knew all of this, you are failing to take responsibility for your own actions in a free, voluntary transaction with Verizon where they did absolutely nothing to make you believe that the 910 would function according to what specs Samsung advertises.

Stop blaming Verizon for your own actions. Again, they piss me off too. But they've done nothing unethical. ATT pissed me off by delaying introduction of the Omnia due to their iPhone campaign. There was nothing unethical about that either.

Blaming someone else because they won't provide you with exactly what you want is, well, acting like a baby.

Ummm - No. Your anology to Broadcom internal chipset, which is only a part of a device, makes absolutely no sense. The idea of extracting standalone capabilities of a single chip out of multiple ones, present in todays complicated electronics is absolutely ridiculous.

Especially in case of smartphones, which have at least 3-4 different chips, such as CDMA/GSM radio, WiFi radio, bluetooth radio, CPU, some times standalione GPU, etc. I dont believe there is a smartphone or any other device of the same complexity, such as notebook etc which fully utilizes 100% of the capabilities of *all* hardware chipsets in it. Therefore, the discussiion can only be addressed to a device as whole, and your example does not apply. Consumers do realize not all capabilities of all the chipsets, present on device are activated, due to manufacturers internal reasons, such as energy constrains, FDA regulations (World geographic sectors UMTS band allocation), etc - and that is why the concept of "Full Technical Specifications" has been invented long ago and as far the consumers are concerned - that's all there is to it, other capabilities of the onboard hardware do not exist.

I'm not a lawyer, but I can tell you I'm fairly certain that when you go purchase a $500 worth device, which is what the approximate cost after tax without the contract is - you have the right to request and know Full Technical Specifications of that device. Guess what? That info is not available neither from Verizion's site nor upon request by phone, mail, etc - I know people who called and asked. Also, take into account due to copyright issues, Verizon does *NOT* alter fimrware on their devices, made by Samsung or any other manufacturer, same way when you purchase a software and even though you do legally own it - you have no access to the source code nor you're allowed to modify it, per license agreement - last I heard reverse engineering was still illegal. So, the crippled firmware for this Omnia was made by Samsung, upon Verizion's request. Keeping that in mind, and the fact that Samsung's technical information is the only source for full specs - Verizon either should have warned customers the phone capabilities have been altered from official manufacturer's published specs or just listed full specifications of the device they sell. Like I said - when I make $500 purchase - I have a right to know.

Witholding information, and not making it available for customer even upon request is still deception. It's very convinient to say "hey, we got nothing to do with what Samsung publishes on their website" and not provide devices specs themselves, but I doubt that argument would hold in court, given the circumstances.

Whether or not I did my due diligence and knew about GPS before I bought it from alternative sources, such as internet forums etc is irrelevant for the discussion of whether or not Verizon deceived their customers. For the argument sake, if I was a person who only trusts officialy sources of information, for such expensive purchase I'd have to get that info only from either Verizon or the manufacturer,

and since Verizon doesn't have it available and conviniently "forgets" to mention manufacturer's specs have been altered - I think they did violate a few laws here....

Guest JASTECH
I really think this is worth looking into. The rilcdma.dll from an unlocked Sprint Samsung CDMA phone doesn't have any of these procedures in it.

Does anyone have the skills to do what I've said above?

Also, could we keep this thread more on topic? I swear if I see another repost of that Verizon press release...

M Moogle, I will get the file and put a HEX on it. Can someone get me the GSM version too? TIA

P.S. Let's post this on our forum too... www.samsung-omnia.org (I think I made it a sticky) I have been pretty sick lately.

Thanks, JASTECH ô¿ô

Breakthrough!!!!

Reading about attempts to get the GPS working on the Saga here (http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsung-sch-i770/120836-i770-gps-hack-4.html) I tried the following:

1) Download Skywing's GPSTest program

2) Unplug the phone from a USB cable or charger

3) Soft reset and put the phone near a window

4) Immediately run the GPSTest program and wait a minute or two. It will look like the program isnt doing anything - wait a little bit....

5) VALID GPS COORDINATES!

The coordinates can be plugged into mapquest here: http://atlas.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp

In my case, they were exactly on - it put me pretty much right in my bedroom of my house where I'm sitting now.

That's nice. It even tells you how many satelites it is reading

Edited by donavg

Guest Silvrswt
...I'm not a lawyer, but I can tell you I'm fairly certain that when you go purchase a $500 worth device, which is what the approximate cost after tax without the contract is - you have the right to request and know Full Technical Specifications of that device. Guess what? That info is not available neither from Verizion's site nor upon request by phone, mail, etc - I know people who called and asked. Also, take into account due to copyright issues, Verizon does *NOT* alter fimrware on their devices, made by Samsung or any other manufacturer, same way when you purchase a software and even though you do legally own it - you have no access to the source code nor you're allowed to modify it, per license agreement - last I heard reverse engineering was still illegal. So, the crippled firmware for this Omnia was made by Samsung, upon Verizion's request. Keeping that in mind, and the fact that Samsung's technical information is the only source for full specs - Verizon either should have warned customers the phone capabilities have been altered from official manufacturer's published specs or just listed full specifications of the device they sell. Like I said - when I make $500 purchase - I have a right to know.

Witholding information, and not making it available for customer even upon request is still deception. It's very convinient to say "hey, we got nothing to do with what Samsung publishes on their website" and not provide devices specs themselves, but I doubt that argument would hold in court, given the circumstances.

Whether or not I did my due diligence and knew about GPS before I bought it from alternative sources, such as internet forums etc is irrelevant for the discussion of whether or not Verizon deceived their customers. For the argument sake, if I was a person who only trusts officialy sources of information, for such expensive purchase I'd have to get that info only from either Verizon or the manufacturer,

and since Verizon doesn't have it available and conviniently "forgets" to mention manufacturer's specs have been altered - I think they did violate a few laws here....

Verizon Wireless has been locking the device functionality of many of it's phones since I have been a customer, going back at least 8 years. My Motorola E815M had bluetooth capabilities but the OBEX profile, and the DUN profile were disabled by the manufacturer at Verizon's request. This prevented me from adding my own ring tones, with songs I had already purchased a license to, as well as moving pictures taken with the camera to my computer without going through the Verizon network (or via the MicroSD card). So even though this option was available as a function of the hardware, I knew Verizon had locked it down. They never advertised the OBEX or DUN profiles as being active and therefore have no obligation to provide them to the end user on that device, on their network.

When I upgraded to the Omnia I did a lot of research, I checked the hardware and software specs over and over and I was aware that Verizon never indicated that GPS was available on the phone, they only said VZNavigator. Additionally the Samsung USA site that lists the full specifications of the phone NEVER say GPS. They only indicate AGPS meaning they don't support standard GPS on that model of phone. We are not talking about the i900 here, just the i910 so if you are getting your specs off the i900 sheet, you are not gathering applicable information.

With Verizon's history of locking down features on their phone, and the fact that they have repeatedly locked the GPS on ALL of their smartphones, combined with the fact that they never indicated that they were selling the standalone GPS feature should have been MORE than enough information to indicate to you whether or not you would be able to take advantage of this hardware capability of the Omnia. Regardless, you had 30 days to return it for something else, so you could just have well taken it back if you were unsatisfied with it.

As much as I want my GPS to work without the VZNav software, and as much as I HATE that they locked the GPS functionality down, it doesn't mean that they cheated me. I can kick and scream and whine about it all year long, but when it comes down to it I agreed to buy this phone and use it on their network, they have the right to disable any feature they want (whether or not they have the right to make it available through an additional, pay to use application is a matter for the courts) and you should have realized that before dropping your hard earned cash on an item.

I hope that this effort to unlock the GPS chip is fruitfull, or that they hurry up and unlock the chip like they said they would in their press release, but until then I am going to live with the consequences of my actions and accept the fact that my phone may never have totally unlocked GPS functionality. It was my choice to buy this phone, I knew that it didn't have free and open GPS, I verified it right away, and I got to work trying to open it up.

TL; DR version:

Man up, accept that you made a bad choice for your wants and needs, and take away that you learned a valuable and expensive lesson about where to throw your money.

Guest Apo11on
Additionally the Samsung USA site that lists the full specifications of the phone NEVER say GPS. They only indicate AGPS meaning they don't support standard GPS on that model of phone. We are not talking about the i900 here, just the i910 so if you are getting your specs off the i900 sheet, you are not gathering applicable information.

With Verizon's history of locking down features on their phone, and the fact that they have repeatedly locked the GPS on ALL of their smartphones, combined with the fact that they never indicated that they were selling the standalone GPS feature should have been MORE than enough information to indicate to you whether or not you would be able to take advantage of this hardware capability of the Omnia. Regardless, you had 30 days to return it for something else, so you could just have well taken it back if you were unsatisfied with it.

Man up, accept that you made a bad choice for your wants and needs, and take away that you learned a valuable and expensive lesson about where to throw your money.

1. First part of your statement is not very smart...What kind of moron do you think I am, to confuse i900 GSM Omnia with i910 and read the specs of the wrong device?! Besides being a computer engineer myself, majoring in microelectronics and communications I also happen to have owned the GSM Omnia, when I was AT&T customer. So, no - I did not confuse any specs and you're dead wrong assuming Samsung website only lists AGPS as available navigation feature for i910 Omnia. You obviously overlooked in my previous post

the comment when I said Samsung website *USED TO* explicitly list GPS as available feature, not AGPS - but they removed it and put up ridiculous note "specs are subject to change without prior notification", as if hardware specs of already released device which is on the market can change. Too bad I didnt take the screenshot of Samsung website, when the full specs with GPS were there.

2. "With Verizon's history of locking down features" -?! that couldnt be any more irrelevant! Besides the fact, that I'm a new customer and unfimilar with their "history" and shouldnt have to be when I make a purchase - history has nothing to do with present device specifications. Drawing conclusiong and making assumpsions about device specs, based on history, rather than relying on official documentation in hand, available from manufacturer site is...well...plain stupid

And 30 day return policy might look like acceptible solution to you, but not to me - I dont want any other device, but Omnia because on USA market it has the best overall specs and if I had to return it i'd have to get an alternative phone and there are none which can match Omnia's hardware on their network. I switched off AT&T and GSM Omnia with 16GB space and fully functional GPS because of the lack of US 3G UMTS support and I'm not prepared to go back to older phones, after using Omnia since *Day 1* when it was released on June 25th in Singapore, last year. So, don't assume one can "just return it, because Verizon has 30 day policy" - there is nothing to go back to.

3. "Man up, accept that you made a bad choice for your wants and needs" - I think you're *REALLY* confused here. You seem to be under the impression i regret the choice I made, and "heartbroken" about it or something. I made the best choice available, and i'd make the same choice again in a hearbit, even with all the information I have about the Verizon Omnia in hand.

And about throwing away my money - I guarantee you although it's been well over 30 days since I got Verizon's Omnia - i can go back and return it any day and I will *NOT* pay the early contract termination fee because of the GPS issue. They would bill me, of course, but I'd tell em all about the GPS and tell to F*ck OFF and take it to court - if they want to get their $175 because I have been decieved and they broke several California laws (same ones listed in blackberry lawsuit document). I would also make sure to mention in my reply if they chose to proceed with the legal claim I'm going to make sure the GPS issue, which is my reason for early contract termination gets maximum publicity and exposure. Given that consideration and the fact Verizon's lawyers charge like $600/hour - I'd like to see them bring up legal claim against me for $175 bucks...So no - I feel pretty confident I didnt throw any of my money away and the 30 day policy has no meaning to me and if I wanted to return my Omnia i could chose to do so any day, without paying any fines. For the record though - I have no intention of doing so, as I knew what i was doing when I purchased it.

Guest theshaz

Cant we all just get along......?

king-i_210877c.jpg

This isn't helping people. As a Omnia owner I really would like that GPS popped loose. From what I have read it's might not happen until the next update ROM comes out for people to disect and play with. The Touch Pro got help from a CMDA version (Sprint) and a large DEV group over at XDA that lives and breathes HTC hardware. I have a BT GPS dongle and will live with it. It was posted that Verizon will unlock by the end of the 1st QTR. At this point I think we will see the official unlock before a hacked one...tho I could be wrong :) (please let me be wrong)

I think that once the 1st update rom is released, we will see a ton of hacked roms showing up for people to play with. Pateice isn't one of my virtues either.

Guest somedude

Has anyone talked with verizon on when specifically the will unlock the gps?

if not im going to. and i will probably threaten to take my phone back if they cant tell me. I am losing patience.

Guest Chugworth
Has anyone talked with verizon on when specifically the will unlock the gps?

if not im going to. and i will probably threaten to take my phone back if they cant tell me. I am losing patience.

I believe they said 1st quarter, so hopefully we will get it 1st quarter. Don't be surprised if it gets delayed though.

Guest somedude
I believe they said 1st quarter, so hopefully we will get it 1st quarter. Don't be surprised if it gets delayed though.

I mean i know they said 1st quarter, but thats not good enough. I NEED, better yet we DESERVE a SPECIFIC DATE. They owe that much to us. I still cant believe they tried to pull this off. Greedy bastards.

Guest krelvinaz

You sound like a 2 yo that didn't get his cookie.

I think you should do what you said you were going to do... quick before you get worse.

... I will pay to get out my contract with them. I dont care. I am sick of this shit.

lol. this is a topic of how to unlock the gps and ya'll arguing like school girls who wore the same shirt on picture day.

Jesus tits whether u knew what it was or wasn't doesn't mean jack squat verizon wont do nothing unless they want to do something get over it and try to fix it :)

Guest Chugworth
face it, this thread is dead. i just complain as a way to keep it on the first page.

Oh, I'm sure that will speed up Verizon's firmware release. :)

Guest somedude
Oh, I'm sure that will speed up Verizon's firmware release. :)

Im sure it will.

But seriously, keeping this on the first page will at least keep everyone aware of what the latest updates are.