UNLOCKING CDMA I910 GPS - please help us!

Guest aleis

Guest avluis
I used the UDML_Omnia, but the first time I didn't check "phone bootloader" and "phone initialization". So I flashed it again, with just phone checked so could update the phone part too.

I have re-flashed it a few times, but I'm at work right now so I can't test that.

Oh, ok, let me know when you get back! B)

edit:

you beat me to it.

Yeah, everything works fine. I'll try to call out, and call in, in a bit, but as of last night it all worked fine. The only problem is I get a wrong username and password when trying to connect to the internet.

try

for username:

it's {yournumber}@vzw3com.com

for password:

vzw (all lowercase)

let me know if it works.

Edited by avluis

Guest klinc
I'm back! As for the bootloader and initialize phone, if you look at the pdf it's not checked, and I did not check mine either. I did exactly as the instructions told me.

As for why your phone is not working, let me help you out.

I need to know what it can do.

Let's start with this steps:

Can you call anyone, your house phone, etc?

Can you connect to the internet?

Please let me know, I want to help you out.

No to either one of those... no internet connection and cannot send or receive calls. When I try to make a call it rings several times I get a verizon mesage stating that my phone cannot be authenticated.

Yes I see the instructions that did not have those checked now.... oops. B)

Edited by klinc

Guest BamDastard
I used the UDML_Omnia, but the first time I didn't check "phone bootloader" and "phone initialization". So I flashed it again, with just phone checked so could update the phone part too.

I have re-flashed it a few times, but I'm at work right now so I can't test that.

I didn't check either of those. If you look at the guide, neither is needed. You are loading a Unified image that updates everything.

Guest avluis
No to either one of those... no internet connection and cannot send or receive calls. When I try to make a call it rings several times I get a verizon mesage stating that my phone cannot be authenticated.

Yes I see the instructions that did not have those checked now.... oops. B)

you can still re-flash it with those options unchecked, I have not tried that since it works on mine, but maybe that can get you somewhere.

now, can you even dial *228?

Guest avluis
So, for future reference, DON'T check the initialize phone or update bootloader B)

correct, you want to keep the original bootloader due to that the beta firmware may have it or not. since it is an unified rom the program will determine if it needs to write it or not.

Guest klinc
you can still re-flash it with those options unchecked, I have not tried that since it works on mine, but maybe that can get you somewhere.

now, can you even dial *228?

Yes, *228 works. I can do the option 1 programming successfully and the option 2 PRL update Successfully.

Going to reflash in a moment. Getting my wokr computer setup with all the software to flash it.

Edited by klinc

Guest klinc
So, for future reference, DON'T check the initialize phone or update bootloader :excl:

Absolutely do not check those boxes it appears...

Guest avluis
Yes, *228 works. I can do the option 1 programming successfully and the option 2 PRL update Successfully.

Going to reflash in a moment. Getting my wokr computer setup with all the software to flash it.

cool, as soon as you are done with reflash, check to see if verizon shows up in your today screen.

as soon as it does, dial *228 option 1, reboot, and dial *228 option 2 again.

as for username and password for internet, check above.

let me know if that helps.

hey random question. is there now an option to turn off the battery charged notification?

don't see any options for that under sounds & notifications, sorry.

Edited by avluis

Guest klinc
cool, as soon as you are done with reflash, check to see if verizon shows up in your today screen.

don't see any

flashing now..... Be a few minutes

Guest WoZZeR999

The phone section may have the radio rom in it, which could have also have GPS Firmware update.

Just tested, calling out and in work fine.

Guest necosino
has anyone done a ROM dump of the original ROM? If not Ill do it and post it on my server, but I'm not sure how to do it..

Here is a short instruction on how to dump a i900:

Requirements:

Activesync installed

Samsung Modem Driver Installed

1. Enable access to ROM by setting reg-key HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies 00001001 from 2 to 1

2. Reboot your i900

3. Download isutils to dump your ROM from http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ce11b6...2db6fb9a8902bda

4. Evaluate exact size of your ROM by typing the following at command prompt

CODEpdocread -l

You will get something like

128.58M (0x8095800) DSK1:

| 1.35M (0x159800) Part00

| 3.08M (0x313800) Part01

| 124.15M (0x7c27800) Part02

Which means the flash memory (=DSK1) is split in 3 partitions with total size of 0x8095800 bytes = 134.830.080 bytes

5. Dump your ROM using the evaluated flash size by typing the following at command prompt

CODEpsdread -1 0 0x8095800 i900GXHI5.img

Try it out :excl:

Taken from here

Guest klinc

don't see any options for that under sounds & notifications, sorry.

After flash...

Comes up to dekstop with Verizon Wireless in the today screen. Dialed *228 and option 1 and stated that it was programmed successfully then rebooted itself. Came back up and I dialed *228 and option 2 and stated the roaming ability was updated successfully and rebooted. Dialed Office number here and get "We're sorry, We are currently unable to authenticate your phone".

Guest WoZZeR999

I have my original rom dump from a long time ago, and it may have some of the NV ram data that I need. Does anyone know how to read the backed up rom (I can get the imgfs)so that I can read it's NVRam?

Guest jakedoza
Here is a short instruction on how to dump a i900:

Requirements:

Activesync installed

Samsung Modem Driver Installed

1. Enable access to ROM by setting reg-key HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies 00001001 from 2 to 1

2. Reboot your i900

3. Download isutils to dump your ROM from http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2ce11b6...2db6fb9a8902bda

4. Evaluate exact size of your ROM by typing the following at command prompt

CODEpdocread -l

You will get something like

128.58M (0x8095800) DSK1:

| 1.35M (0x159800) Part00

| 3.08M (0x313800) Part01

| 124.15M (0x7c27800) Part02

Which means the flash memory (=DSK1) is split in 3 partitions with total size of 0x8095800 bytes = 134.830.080 bytes

5. Dump your ROM using the evaluated flash size by typing the following at command prompt

CODEpsdread -1 0 0x8095800 i900GXHI5.img

Try it out :excl:

Taken from here

cool, thanks.. Ill give it a try.. Ill pull the ROM and then hard reset and then pull another ROM..

Guest M Moogle
has anyone done a ROM dump of the original ROM? If not Ill do it and post it on my server, but I'm not sure how to do it..

Theres a couple of i910 ROM dumps floating around in the ROM section already. The problem is (or was at least) that there is no way to flash the dumped ROM back to the Omnia, and it didn't contain any of the radio firmware, only the Windows Mobile files. Maybe with the new flasher program problem 1 is solved...

Guest necosino
After flash...

Comes up to dekstop with Verizon Wireless in the today screen. Dialed *228 and option 1 and stated that it was programmed successfully then rebooted itself. Came back up and I dialed *228 and option 2 and stated the roaming ability was updated successfully and rebooted. Dialed Office number here and get "We're sorry, We are currently unable to authenticate your phone".

Umm.. wow.. :excl:

It sounds like this has only happened to you to this extreme.. Maybe a call to VZ is required.. I just hate to even give them the idea that we've got a new ROM now..

Guest avluis

It sounds like this has only happened to you to this extreme.. Maybe a call to VZ is required.. I just hate to even give them the idea that we've got a new ROM now..

nah, just call 611 and ask them to re authenticate your phone, you did a hard reset and now you can't dial out.

Guest klinc

Yeah, IM not calling them. I dont feel like explaining how this happened. :excl: I will get the ESN off my old phone and swithc on the website for an hour or so then switch it back and see if that does anything. I have to go home and get my old phone though first.

Live and learn... I never have liked reading instuctions and doesn't look like I will ever learn. :excl: I enjoy figuring out stuff like this anyways.

Guest necosino

Duh, I forgot about the switching ESN solution. I guess I'm too excited to get home and try this out myself. How do you like the pop-up keyboard?

Guest klinc
nah, just call 611 and ask them to re authenticate your phone, you did a hard reset and now you can't dial out.

I could at least try this...

Guest avluis
Yeah, IM not calling them. I dont feel like explaining how this happened. :excl: I will get the ESN off my old phone and swithc on the website for an hour or so then switch it back and see if that does anything. I have to go home and get my old phone though first.

Live and learn... I never have liked reading instuctions and doesn't look like I will ever learn. :excl: I enjoy figuring out stuff like this anyways.

you don't have to let them know, all it takes it a dumb rep to re authenticate you and you are set. Tell them the phone was doing what it usually does on their crappy firmware and you are set, instantly done. that's how I got another omnia :excl:

I could at least try this...

yep yep, just like that

do it!

Edited by avluis