BT Voice Command on the Epix

Guest efjay

Hello Epix owners, can you tell me if voice commands work over BT? I'm not sure if the Epix comes with voice command software included, but can anyone advise if they have voice commands working over bt either with the builtin software or with 3rd party software? Over in the Omnia forum there is a known issue with VC not working over BT so I am hoping there is a possible fix in the Epix we can investigate. Thanks for any help.

Guest Aaron385

I signed up for an acct here just because I am excited to answer your question...

YES!!!!!

I was told it would never happen but a couple hours ago I sync'd my new Epix to an old bluetooth headset I got for $10 on woot.com a while back.. and I already had the pre-installed voice program (nice job samsung!) enabled since I was use to it on my BJ1 (after installing it of course).. I just had a long phone con with the gf in my immediate future and decieded to dust off the old headset and sync it up...

when I hit the voice command button I nearly sh*t a brick when the tone played thru the ear piece.. I said "cancel" and then crossed my fingers and tapped the multi-function button on the BT headset.. sure enough the voice command sounded in the earpiece and I said "Call Rachel" and it freaken worked!!!

VERY COOL SAMSUNG... very cool! now just fix all the little issues with this phone and I wont even be counting down the months to my next upgrade.

Thanks for confirming that Aaron385. So it appears Samsung DO know how to implement BT voice dialling but just havent bothered to fix the broken implementation on the omnia. Guess its now down to finding a way to duplicate the Epix functionality on the Omnia.