Panels on Touch HD - installer!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Marcus Reichert

Oh my gosh - that is a fine GUI - is it for OMNIA ?

I had the Omnia for a while and it was a fine phone except the buggy rom , bad design of gui and the lores display.

This time I prefer OMNIA and the HD Touch

But that GUI on our babies will do great.

Is it commercial ? Can we buy it ? Can we help in any way ?

Regrads

Marcus

hi paul, any updates on the panels? Currently im running the latest version of SPB (not the panel version), your panels, and TF3D on my HD ALL at the same time :rolleyes: suprisingly no lags :) Basically when my phone wakes from sleep, it loads the SPB, when I close (minimize) spb it goes to the panels then when I press home it goes to TF3D heheh. hope you can make the media experience work on this hardcore baby.

Hi Guys

Ive finally found a phone to replace my trusty HTC s730/E650 and Ive just bought the HTC Touch HD from Singapore on my travels down under - just arrived and cant sleep, its 6am here!

What I've read and seen it all looks, great. My partner bought an Itouch (not phone I know and I hate Apple) but I love the GUI and its a walk in the park!

I'm going to give this topic ago and try and install. Can I just ask, when you refer to the fish thing on the X1, you're talking about the screen saver where fish swim around and you can touch the screen and they move.

I'll let you know how it goes, I havent been on this site for ages (no need with the ancient old HTC I had) so I look forward to giving it ago ;-)

PS, does anyone know a program that does the same to the keyboard as the Apple things do? ie the letter gets bigger just as you press it? This is one tool I found...

Thanks - Tony

Guest dr_nick

so I have the excellent phonealarm installed (latest version thanks to app2date :rolleyes:) which seems to have installed a 2nd today screen to allow phonealarm plungin to function in the background while touchflow 3D works in the foreground.

when I go to settings>today>items touchflow is already unticked...

should I just try installing panels over the top?!

dr_nick

Guest MikeWard1701

Been trying the Panels for a couple of days now and they work well, brilliant job Paul! :rolleyes:

I've found thay're a bit of a resource hog though, and battery life starts to drop when in use. On the plus side though, using the home button or selecting the first (standard WinMo) panel returns you to touchFLO.

Very promising, keep up the good work :)

Guest John.Lock

Happy 2009 everyone.

Paul, Have you dropped this one now? It seems like you have not put an update on here for ages.

Is there problems that any of us can help with?

J.

Wow really works well on my HD so far!! Awesome app! It works better then the panel posted on the xda forums, are you still going to put work into this? Would be really cool since its so good already!

If you like I can be your beta tester since im running this in production :rolleyes:

Hope this will be updated, thanks alot in advance!!

Kind regard!!

Guest Insane Devil

Thanks a lot for this installer, PAUL! it works fantastically on my Touch HD, and now its like my phone has a flavour of around the world!

Looking forward for future developements and bug repairs!

Guest datafanatic

Hi Everyone,

Big thanks to Paul(MVP) for this amazing software - unfortunately i've had issues with the panels locking up so i decided to uninstall the cab and the panels. I forgot to uninstall the SPB Mobile Shell Panel and was very surprised to find that if you turn off touchflo 3d in the Settings/Today/Items the SPB Mobile Shell Panel still works (this is the SEX-1 version of SPB not the standard WinMo app that can be downloaded from SPB themselves).

Basically, what i'm asking is is there anyway to have this SPB Panel working properly as a launcher (the phone locks up when a new sms comes in, not all the time but more often than not, cannot get to missed calls from the icons on the main screen amongst other things)?

Cheers all

DF :)

Edited by datafanatic

Thanks Paul,

i have it installed and have read everyones posts... It might sound lame but when you select a screen how do you either change or scroll through the screens?

sorry to sound like a newbie

Guest IndianJablko

Hi guys,

1. thanks Paul for great app

2. datafanatic: access to missed calls using icon works for me, on the other hand I am not able to run camera using icon in SPB. I have to run it normally from programs.

3. Only slight problem I've got is that the battery meter is gone when using the panels. It is not so tragic, but I think that it is quite handy. I don’t know to end with dead HD because I didn't know that the battery is running out.

Otherwise I am more than satisfied. Much much better that original TF3D.

J.

Hi guys,

1. thanks Paul for great app

2. datafanatic: access to missed calls using icon works for me, on the other hand I am not able to run camera using icon in SPB. I have to run it normally from programs.

3. Only slight problem I've got is that the battery meter is gone when using the panels. It is not so tragic, but I think that it is quite handy. I don’t know to end with dead HD because I didn't know that the battery is running out.

Otherwise I am more than satisfied. Much much better that original TF3D.

J.

Can Anyone tell me when i have installed the pannels, how do i switch between them?

Guest dr_nick
Can Anyone tell me when i have installed the pannels, how do i switch between them?

to switch between them, simply go back to the panels app which should automatically be in your start menu!

hope this helps!

dr_nick

Guest DeepInside

hi im from germany and my touch hd brings on startup an error message that i should install certs. or that ur program is using no trusted certs...what can i do?? :)

Guest DeepInside
@DeepInside

edit the shortcut in the "autostart" folder!

"Program files" to "programme"

thank you man :=) but now it doesnt start :D

hm....touch flo disabled but it wont start. i realize that my ppc does something :) but no panels come out of the hd

Edited by DeepInside