A WAY TO UPGRADE TO 6.1 ON OFFICIAL HTC SITE

Guest Countryman

Guest Countryman

I have been trying to find out how the upgrades on HTC's official site can be applied to a 'branded' handset. I have tried altering the 5th digit in my phone serial number as shown here

original number HT745GC*****

and have successfully downloaded

HT748GC

the WWE edition of the upgrade to windows 6.1

HT747GC.....

the danish version

HT746GC.....

the dutch version

perhaps other users could try this as the first five digits seem to be a country code for the hand sets

PS is the WWE edition a World wide setting in English as i don't want to brick my handset if at all possible.

it is 74 MB so i can't attach for you to test. it has this label

HTC Touch Dual_RUU_Nike_HTC_WWE_2.09.405.1_Radio_NikeMR_1.65.28.25_signed_Ship.exe B)

hope this is useful and that you can advise me on the suitability of this upgrade

• 1 month later...
Guest Dangerdaz
I have been trying to find out how the upgrades on HTC's official site can be applied to a 'branded' handset. I have tried altering the 5th digit in my phone serial number as shown here

original number HT745GC*****

and have successfully downloaded

HT748GC

the WWE edition of the upgrade to windows 6.1

HT747GC.....

the danish version

HT746GC.....

the dutch version

perhaps other users could try this as the first five digits seem to be a country code for the hand sets

PS is the WWE edition a World wide setting in English as i don't want to brick my handset if at all possible.

it is 74 MB so i can't attach for you to test. it has this label

HTC Touch Dual_RUU_Nike_HTC_WWE_2.09.405.1_Radio_NikeMR_1.65.28.25_signed_Ship.exe :)

hope this is useful and that you can advise me on the suitability of this upgrade

This is interesting, just tried it with my serial number, ht745gc and it came up update not avalible. Tried changing it as above and these are what i got:

ht749gc is invalid

ht748gc was sweedish update

ht747gc is french

ht746gc is portuguese (can't spell)

ht745gc is invalid

ht744gc is spanish

ht743gc is invalid

ht742gc is invalid

ht741gc is invalid

Countryman upload it to rapidshare or somewhere and i will happly download and test the WWE version.

Edited by Dangerdaz

Guest Countryman
This is interesting, just tried it with my serial number, ht745gc and it came up update not avalible. Tried changing it as above and these are what i got:

ht749gc is invalid

ht748gc was sweedish update

ht747gc is french

ht746gc is portuguese (can't spell)

ht745gc is invalid

ht744gc is spanish

ht743gc is invalid

ht742gc is invalid

ht741gc is invalid

Countryman upload it to rapidshare or somewhere and i will happly download and test the WWE version.

you must include the WHOLE serial number for your phone only altering the digit before the G

if it is any use the number i used was HT748GC15959 found on the sticker under the battery and having loded the WWE edition it works a treat. the actual file name is

HTC Touch Dual_RUU_Nike_HTC_WWE_2.09.405.1_Radio_NikeMR_1.65.28.25_signed_Ship.exe

and if you can let me know how to upoad it for you i am happy to make it available to anyone who wants it

Guest Mysterious Stranger

The first letters denote the factory ( HT for Honhai (IIRC) in Taiwan, SZ for Shenzhen in China) the next 3 numbers are build week and not country code - your warranty is determined from the build week. It may well be that various different roms / country specs are built in batches together and it correlates to a different code, but the code itself is for the build week.

Most roms are already on other sites / rapidshare if you use their search.

M.S