How to Hard Reset the Samsung Omnia

Guest OzJason

Guest OzJason

How to Hard Reset the Samsung Omnia

Many people do not know how to hard reset the Omnia phone. The manual does not teach you the trick of doing this.

1.Press the soft reset hole beside your power button

2.Press the Call and Cancel Button together when you see the Samsung Omnia on the screen

3.The Reset Screen appear

omniareset.png

This is a snapshot of the Samsung Omina Reset screen.

(Image from mobilesilence.blogspot.com)

This hard reset does not erase the 16GB memory. To reset everything, you could use the software hard reset by going to Settings > Hard Reset. There is also option to format the storage card.

If you decided not to format and press cancel, that will soft reset the phone.

Regards Jason Austin

The above information comes to you care of http://www.pspmyspace.com/omnia/2008/09/how-to-hard-res.html

Guest robertut
i've been using the hard reset program included in omnia. but this is nice to know :rolleyes:

Unfortunately it happened to me that my device couldn't boot up properly anymore, after I installed a stupid CAB file. The built-in hard reset couldn't be started, so the only solution was the one above.

Paul, this is very useful info, I suggest to pin it up in the main Omnia forum.

Edited by robertut

Guest dbsimms63
Unfortunately it happened to me that my device couldn't boot up properly anymore, after I installed a stupid CAB file. The built-in hard reset couldn't be started, so the only solution was the one above.

Paul, this is very useful info, I suggest to pin it up in the main Omnia forum.

Since i can't see the picture of what the screen is supposed to look like, I not sure if my phone reset or not. I followed the instructions, but I never saw a reset screen, just the normal screen i see when I power the phone up, and I can't use the hard reset in settings, it never high lights the yes button. I hate this damn phone and am about to return it.

Guest sivaspor
Since i can't see the picture of what the screen is supposed to look like, I not sure if my phone reset or not. I followed the instructions, but I never saw a reset screen, just the normal screen i see when I power the phone up, and I can't use the hard reset in settings, it never high lights the yes button. I hate this damn phone and am about to return it.

You must release reset button and keep holding dial and cancel button till reset screen appeared

• 2 months later...
Guest mageor

any other way ? none of the above methods helped....all i get is some random pixels in various colours.....its greek 8gb bdhj2 rom omnia....i cannot perform the standard software hard reset because i cannot boot....all happened after i installed a cab....:(

Guest sector
any other way ? none of the above methods helped....all i get is some random pixels in various colours.....its greek 8gb bdhj2 rom omnia....i cannot perform the standard software hard reset because i cannot boot....all happened after i installed a cab.... :(

better to flash the phone from the beginning. i have the same problem with my phone... so i cant do it otherwise.