CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

Guest cachirro
sorry, i don't know, but you may find the answer for your question in this forum.

to sync is one thing; to flash is another completely different, and much more dangerous.

if you don't know how to do it, please don't. you can brick your phone in the process.

i flashed an official rom, isn't it the same?

and if i get a xp machine, is it ok then?

why isn't vista secure and xp is? what's making the difference here?

Guest endursa
i flashed an official rom, isn't it the same?

and if i get a xp machine, is it ok then?

why isn't vista secure and xp is? what's making the difference here?

the big difference is in the custom cocked update exe, which is not the same update process than the original one provided by samsung! 

There is a way to flash custom roms in vista, afaik i read a pdf about doing it with grand prix and a bit of playing around with the mobility sync center...

but it requeres to extract the image/rom from the exe updater!

so the easiest and safest way to update/flash a custom rom is still to use the single update exe under vista :))

Guest tim1979

Hi...can anyone give some comments about the latest rom Version DXIA1, LFI05 revision "a" (Jan-16-2009)?

for example,

-can it use the online widget?

-is it more stable- whats the frequency of the phone hang?

-is the HTC sensor build in?

1. i didn't make any tests with online widgets (it is stripped off from this rom).

2. it is supposed to be faster because it is newer, but i didn't run any benchmark tests to know it for sure. it FEELS faster, tho. because this build is not officially released (21014 was leaked), it's like a beta or RC. some builds are stable, others are not. i'm using this release since i published it. no problems so far, no hangs, no freezes. it seems stable for my use. the only issue i had was with the fullscreen volume control, so i cooked another revision for my personal use without samsung volume control (original and smaller windows mobile volume control takes place, just like the one used until DXHK3).

3. no htc stuff here, nor third party apps. this is a CLEAN rom, so everyone can customize it the way it fits better.

Edited by lufeig

Guest godslayer
1. i didn't make any tests with online widgets (it is stripped off from this rom).

2. it is supposed to be faster because it is newer, but i didn't run any benchmark tests to know it for sure. it FEELS faster, tho. because this build is not officially released (21014 was leaked), it's like a beta or RC. some builds are stable, others are not. i'm using this release since i published it. no problems so far, no hangs, no freezes. it seems stable for my use. the only issue i had was with the fullscreen volume control, so i cooked another revision for my personal use without samsung volume control (original and smaller windows mobile volume control takes place, just like the one used until DXHK3).

3. no htc stuff here, nor third party apps. this is a CLEAN rom, so everyone can customize it the way it fits better.

Been using it for 2days. So far no hang. In this way its much better than the D revision. With the D revision, I got very frequent hangs. Hopefully, this trend continues.

:)

just apdated from the previous d revision to this version, works like a charm! restored a backup with spb backup and got all my settings / programs back :-)

just one question, when i previously holded the end call button, my phone would just be locked. but now it also asks for a pincode... any solutions

Lufeig, is it possible to remove this big samsung volume control by some reg hack or cab? Coz i dont like it too :)

hey, you mean when you press the volume button? you can set this in settings / buttons

Guest Barthlon
hey, you mean when you press the volume button? you can set this in settings / buttons

i don't think this is correct, well for me it isn't.

i dislike the samsung volume too, it's still a bit buggy, but i have not yet found the reg setting for it.. :)

i dislike the samsung volume too, it's still a bit buggy, but i have not yet found the reg setting for it.. :)

It's hard-wired in the touch screen controller driver. You'll have to replace that with the one from DXHK3 if you want to diable that feature. Or replace the volumecontrol gui dll with a dummy one.

yeah, now i see what you mean :-) hadn't even seen that... :-)

but the volume key also opens the volume control... you can disable that the way i told you...

Using your amazing rom with Today1 of Samsung and Inesoft Mobile Address Book.

1- How can I make the "Call Log "of Today 1 to point to " Inesoft History/log " ?

I can copy Inosoft history short cut to windows directory, but I am not able to delete or remane the default "Call logs "of Samsung as it is always hot / usable .

2- Have you noticed the side scrolling bar in SMS ? how heavy and sticky ? or it is only my mobile ?

I hane not tesed in any other application .

Any ideas . Thansk you in advance

Edited by M Seif

so i will make revision 'b' available too.

no need to download it if you are happy with revision 'a'. the major difference is the original wm volume bar in place of samsung fullscreen.

Guest lutharigno

Great Job! Installed 'a' and i am loving it. used the Manilla all-in-one installer added my programs back and still have a huge amount of space left! IDK how i made it without a clean ROM before. I can't wait until the next version.

Hey Lufeig,

i found a 'bug'. I am sometimes unable to lock my phone (by holding the end call button). usually it just locks (which is oke), but sometimes it just jumps right back to my today screen...

any idea's?

- Mike

Guest godslayer
Hey Lufeig,

I found a 'bug'. I can't receive anything files by bluetooth. I can send but I can't receive. Sorry my english

any idea's?

Artur

I dun think its a bug tho. I can send and receive files via bluetooth just fine. Perhaps u wanna make sure u set ur device to visible mode?

Using your amazing rom with Today1 of Samsung and Inesoft Mobile Address Book.

1- How can I make the "Call Log "of Today 1 to point to " Inesoft History/log " ?

I can copy Inosoft history short cut to windows directory, but I am not able to delete or remane the default "Call logs "of Samsung as it is always hot / usable .

2- Have you noticed the side scrolling bar in SMS ? how heavy and sticky ? or it is only my mobile ?

I hane not tesed in any other application .

Any ideas . Thansk you in advance

Any help on the above 2 points ?

thanks

This bug is found when we removed not only the Infrared Drivers and Connected Home too. I had this with my cooked rom but seems like keeping Connected Home, BT works.

Maybe lufeig will provide a cab with a fix. I will try also to find a solution for it.

Hello forum!

please excuse my newbie questions but I did´nt find any answers to my questions by the search function.

1: Is it possible to get a German layout Samsung keyboard working with this rom?

2: what about wlan fix and gpsfix? Are they not necessary anymore?

Thank you,

Sigi