CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

Hi, I would love to apply this ROM. However I am having problems getting the update ROM program to recognize my device. Each time I run the uploader I follow the steps as it is defined, but it never recognizes my device. Can someone please help me with this and tell me what I am doing wrong?

I attached the screenshot. It always says timeout- and then PDA Device not found. I never get to try and upload the new ROM. I have installed the latest Samsung Omnia modem drivers.

post-484416-1232467747_thumb.jpg

Edited by kuebs

thanks all for the support!

for those in need of CONNECTED HOME, download it here. available also on first post.

@cobrica: you're kidding, right? or you really didn't even click on the thread title to know what this is all about?

answering your other question: taril's rom is for those who want a FULL rom with enhancements and bugfixes. it is an AWESOME rom, imho it's 1000x better than stock rom. like a car fully equipped and tuned. mine is a CLEAN rom for those who don't want/need all the original apps. like a naked car, with a newer prototype engine, without accessories, so you can customize it the way you want.

Edited by lufeig

don't be sorry, my friend!

we're here to help when we can, and to ask when we need!

just make sure you read a little before posting a question, so you know your question has not been clearly answered before.

make yourself comfortable here, this is your community too!

maybe i expressed myself wrongly too, i had a hard day today and nobody has nothing to do with it.

this is a great omnia community, i hope you enjoy it!!! :)

Edited by lufeig

Hi, I would love to apply this ROM. However I am having problems getting the update ROM program to recognize my device. Each time I run the uploader I follow the steps as it is defined, but it never recognizes my device. Can someone please help me with this and tell me what I am doing wrong?

I attached the screenshot. It always says timeout- and then PDA Device not found. I never get to try and upload the new ROM. I have installed the latest Samsung Omnia modem drivers.

The steps you have to follow are:

connect phone to the PC, using USB

start the EXE

soft reset the phone

now the EXE will recognize your phone, and you can flash it!

have fun

Hey there Guys! (and girls)

nobody has the same problem i have?

My phone won't lock, but only sometimes... very annoying.

- Mike

ps... this ROM rules! ;-)

Guest Barthlon

finally decided to try a clean rom for once. with the many different clean roms out there that are probably all very good i'm mostly attracted to this one.

but... to save myself some time i will wait for ia2 to be released. i assume you will make a clean version of that one too? and hopefully finetuned in the same way you are doing now...

well keep up the good work and you'll have another fan after ia2 is there! :)

Hello forum!

please excuse my newbie questions but I did´nt find any answers to my questions by the search function.

1: Is it possible to get a German layout Samsung keyboard working with this rom?

2: what about wlan fix and gpsfix? Are they not necessary any more?

Thank you,

Sigi

can anybody please help me and answer the above questions?

Thank you,

Sigi

can anybody please help me and answer the above questions?

Thank you,

Sigi

Well, i am not using the wlan fix and gps fix apps, and they are both working ok. But you do need a program like GSProxy for the omnia GPS to work with TomTom...

The german style keyboard i don't know

- Mike

I have soft reset the phone with the cable plugged in, just as the directions state, and this still does not work. I must be doing something wrong, or there is a preperations step I am not following, but it is not the four simple steps of run FW program, turn off phone, connect cable, restart phone.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I AM DOING WRONG????

Edited by kuebs

Guest lastsion

the core 21014 is fast but not very steady... I have 68M RAM when I start my i900, but just after several callings, it changed into 58, faster than 20954.

BTW, Lufig, could you please integrate the HTC task manger to the rom? It's very useful, but I can't install successfully.

Guest Barthlon
I have soft reset the phone with the cable plugged in, just as the directions state, and this still does not work. I must be doing something wrong, or there is a preperations step I am not following, but it is not the four simple steps of run FW program, turn off phone, connect cable, restart phone.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I AM DOING WRONG????

you did install the modem driver (CDMA), right?

if not, please read some more on this forum (use search on cdma).

if so, i had some problems too. make sure you reboot your pc after the modem installation. also, i had to reinstall activesync after the modem installation (don't know why) to finally get it to work.

then just plug in the cable (pc->phone), start the .exe updater and soft-reset your phone. then all should go well.

if not, check you cable and your usb connections :)

cheers

Lufeig,

You did it again all works and a flawless flash, Thanks

only 1 question, is it possible that videocall does not work, or is it my local problem settings or so

Regards