CLEAN DXIA1 ROM *Updated Jan-19-2009* LuFeIg's LFI05b

Guest lufeig

Guest vishalm

@lufeig: On my own cook, i havent included the samsung contacts or call log. As they are just add on's windows will just fall back on the default apps. So no bugs there, but i dont use the windows default apps. Currently im using inesoft phone for my dialer, contacts and call log.

@helladios: Nothing would happen, you just wont have the application anymore. Thus saving you space and allows you to use your own contacts application

Guest Barthlon
by the way, i have downloaded DXIA2 but i haven't started working on it yet. i don't know if i will.

i'm happy with results on lufeig 05 revision b. ideally, i new rom should be released when a new XIP & SYS got released too, but i don't know what will happen: if i'll wait for that, or if i won't be pacient enough to wait...

l8ter!

aghhhhh!!! i just decided i would try a clean rom once (yours) and then you stop (hopefully just for a short while :D)!!!!

ahhh! :)

for the xip and sys: don't you like the "wm6.5 beta leak"? :)

Mr. lufeig..

sorry for my bad english..

i want to ask u a question..

how can u enlarge the memory/storage?

official ROM only give total less than 100MB for Storage size, but u can make it more than 100MB..

how to do that?

I want to make my own cooked ROM with the official ROM, but the storage size is too small...

Thanks..

@ch85: just delete the apps you want to be stripped off. then you have to edit provxml, dat and rgu files to erase their references. and yes, if you read the first post, exactly where you downloaded the rom, you will see that netcf3.5 is included.

i got my phone back to fully working state, but i'm out of time to release DXIA2 right now. i have cooked it, but like DXIA1, i don't know why but 21014 won't boot. and i'm out of time right now to debug it. i'll have to start from scratch all over again.

LFI05b DXIA1 is running fine now, i'm on my second day without recharge: bluetooth headset connected all the time, moderate use of voice calls, internet, sms and some playing. 50% of battery life now.

and yes, i will release another version, but i can't promise when it will be done.

so by now, please enjoy LFI05b DXIA1, or any other cooked rom available in this forum. there are great cooked roms here, you just have to choose your favorite flavour.

@lufeig

i'm using syakr automation tools, but didn't find how to change the device storage capacity..

already deleted many apps but still total memory storage : around 95MB..

i wonder how to make it 160MB++ like yours..

Thanks for the suggest..

although i've read many good things about sztupy's cooking tool, i've never used it because i have my own method.

i learnt to do my cookings manually, and manually deleting and editing the files, free space grows automatically.

hope you find a solution for your problem. sorry, i don't use syakr app, so i can't help you.

there's a specific thread for syakr app, i'm sure you'll find better tips and solutions there.

@sector: thanks! :)

Edited by lufeig

@lufeig

can u give me the source where u learnt the method (step-by-step) ?

i want to cooked the ROM manually without using any tools so i can improved my knowledge..

and 1 more, is there any emulator to test the ROM for omnia? so i don't have to format & format again in using my omnia..

THanks a lot for your help...

if i already get my paypal fund, i'll donate it to you & modaco.. :)

1. if you like my work, please donate to modaco, xda-developers or any developer who ever released a cooking tool you ever use. i don't know much, but basically everything i've learnt was from them. i do my cookings for free because i like it. if i start to receive donations, i think i'll feel pressured to keep releasing new roms, and i don't want this. i wanna keep the fun for it.

2. i don't have the links by hand, but i remember i've read a thread here at modaco about cooking roms (i think it was started by passoa - thanks!). and i read a lot, i mean A LOT of threads in xda-developers. really, dozens, too many to write them down here.

3. once i've seen a very well explained guide at pdaviet forum. it was written by master phamquang. it is in vietnamese, but google translation service can handle it.

4. theres a winmo emulator, but i never used it. gonna test it someday.

if you would accept my suggestion: there's no easy path. at least it was not for me, and i don't think you can easily learn it by yourself without reading a lot, taking notes, testing and all. after all, it's not that difficult, but it requires a lot of work and attention.

good luck!

Edited by lufeig

Guest Barthlon

good to hear that you are back. as i stated before, i finally made the decision that "you are my flavour" (when it comes to cooking). :D

man that sounds just.... wrong... :)

Guest mobilehappy

Any change of getting back the alphabetic quick-jumps in the Samsung PhoneBook?

It was in previous versions of ROMS i have used , but in the later ones it has been replaced by a quick side slider instead.

By the way, thanks for these ROMs, i am using DXIA1, LFI05 revision "a" (Jan-16-2009) which is simply great.

Edited by mobilehappy

Guest shokka9
ok bro, thanks a lot..

i will start read all threads & forum that can help me to cook my own ROM..

Thanks for your help..

A good start is this....(mine :) ), needs updating, but this is a very good starting point. You can use Sztupys all in one kitchen, it works the same..

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...r-dummies-i900/

Good luck and take care

A good start is this....(mine :D ), needs updating, but this is a very good starting point. You can use Sztupys all in one kitchen, it works the same..

Good luck and take care

i'd tried the documents, succeed to create own ROM, but the total storage is same as official ROM, only got more free space.. :)

Thanks for your help & support.. :)

Guest picky-picasso
1. ...if i start to receive donations, i think i'll feel pressured to keep releasing new roms,...

2. ... i read a lot, i mean A LOT of threads in xda-developers.

3. ...well explained guide ... is in vietnamese, but google translation service can handle it.

4. theres a winmo emulator, but i never used it. gonna test it someday.

if you would accept my suggestion: there's no easy path. at least it was not for me, and i don't think you can easily learn it by yourself without reading a lot, taking notes, testing and all. after all, it's not that difficult, but it requires a lot of work and attention.

good luck!

Wonderfully said, chef.

pp

Guest kisstom

Hi

I noticed today my phone not vibrate at all and fullscreen volume does not set the volume (it's mute when set ring or mute)

As far as i remember it worked fine.

(Version DXIA1, LFI05 revision "a" (Jan-16-2009))

Maybe help reinstall samsung fullscreen volume but i can't find the cab

Any solution???

I GOT IT

uninstall opera and flashlite (what i installed for test not too good anyway) and vibra works again

strange...

Edited by kisstom

@lufeig

i'm using syakr automation tools, but didn't find how to change the device storage capacity..

already deleted many apps but still total memory storage : around 95MB..

i wonder how to make it 160MB++ like yours..

Thanks for the suggest..

device storage automatically increases with deleted modules. You can't get as low as lufeig gets (my "record" is around 120-130MB on DXHL2), because there is a lot of post-processing that can be done (like modularizing some dll-s, compressing applications using UPX, and other things I don't know of). I hope someday I'll add these things too.

To master cooking read a lot of things, use google translate tools, and ask people who already made it. Although some people don't like it you might try do extract other custom ROMs to check their content (but give back credit if you do).

Edited by sztupy

Guest Barthlon
A good start is this....(mine :D ), needs updating, but this is a very good starting point. You can use Sztupys all in one kitchen, it works the same..

Good luck and take care

hmm i have some spare time tomorrow, so i think i will play with sztupy's tool and your guide. i allready read it and it is very clear and pretty concise :)

i just want to make a little bit cleaned up rom with fl and .net updated, so shouldn't be too hard i guess :)

i forgot to tell that there are MANY files that you can delete with no harm to the system.

all those files that start with "_" (underline) can be deleted if you remove opera. they are temp files, used only in during install, and after that, they are useless but can't be deleted if cooked in stock rom.

all the files with no extension (ie AddBasket_dl~png) can be deleted also. it seems they are (or should be) used in a specific carrier rom. i don't know why it's still there.

there are other files that can be removed too, like wallpapers and sound files (wav, mp3, etc).

trying to get more free space, i upx'ed some big files, but it seems that from a certain point, storage space nor free space will not be bigger. if there's any other additional step that can be done to earn some space, it is unknown to me.

after installing Version DXIA1, LFI05 revision "b" (Jan-19-2009) I find that setting a .MID file for notify of sms doesnt work anymore..

any suggestions?

also (I havnt tryed yet) does the cell to cell data connection work yet?

update: no cell to cell data call doesnt work :)

Edited by jfive

Guest Michael122w

Hey LuFeIg!

Just thought I would compliment you on your amazing ROM (LFI05a). I have found it to be amazingly fast and stable - no problems at all :) I am currently using Manila 2D and have loaded all of the programs that I use regularly and I still have 80 meg free. Makes me love my Omnia again.

Great work!

Michael