Pandora Internet Radio

Guest Nottach

Guest Nottach

When I visit pandora.com from my BJ2 I'm told my device isn't supported but I found a cab at EverythingQ.com that works on the BJ2. Thought I'd post it here. Only problem is volume from speaker is very low. Has anybody tried the SRS Wow thing with WM6.1? I know it has its bugs and I'd rather not have to hard reset my phone after finding out it doesn't work.

SRS Wow lead to no audio at all. Had to Hard Reset as I feared I might.

But Pandora works!

pandora.cab

Edited by Nottach

Guest Main Target
When I visit pandora.com from my BJ2 I'm told my device isn't supported but I found a cab at EverythingQ.com that works on the BJ2. Thought I'd post it here. Only problem is volume from speaker is very low. Has anybody tried the SRS Wow thing with WM6.1? I know it has its bugs and I'd rather not have to hard reset my phone after finding out it doesn't work.

SRS Wow lead to no audio at all. Had to Hard Reset as I feared I might.

But Pandora works!

What Provider do you use? I am on AT&T and Mine just says "We're experiencing network communication difficulties. Please try again later"

I dont see it trying to make a data connection

Guest Nottach

Ive got AT&T in NYC, 3G. I just re-tried Pandora on my BJ2 and its working well.

I created my pandora.com account on my desktop, not on my device. hope it starts working for you.

its nice having such a personalized internet radio station on your phone.

Guest Kewlj1313

Very VERY VERYYY!!! COOL :rolleyes: works great on my BJ2, AT&T 3G Indiana!

Thanks alot :) I was just checking pandora to see if this would work on my phone and they said no! ;-) Bleh damned restrictions hmhm

thx again, good find!

Kewlj1313

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oaacdi

In my unit, it gave me the option to choose from my list of "radio" stations, then it sits there on an endless "connecting" status. :rolleyes:

Excellent find! Works great on US ATT! Thanks a lot!!
Edited by oaacdi

Guest cof999
In my unit, it gave me the option to choose from my list of "radio" stations, then it sits there on an endless "connecting" status. :rolleyes:

I have the same problem, I tried restarting the phone and it didn't work. Does the phone have to be app-unlocked to get this to work, anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Guest Reamer
I have the same problem, I tried restarting the phone and it didn't work. Does the phone have to be app-unlocked to get this to work, anyone know? Thanks in advance.

thats not it because mine is app unlocked and it is hanging on the "connecting" screen for me too. are you in EDGE or 3G? im thinking that maybe my problem because im in EDGE but i used to have mundo internet radio on my I607 and it worked in edge. not well but it would connect.

Guest cof999
thats not it because mine is app unlocked and it is hanging on the "connecting" screen for me too. are you in EDGE or 3G? im thinking that maybe my problem because im in EDGE but i used to have mundo internet radio on my I607 and it worked in edge. not well but it would connect.

I'm on 3g in north east massachusetts, I tried app unlocking, restarting and what not, the phone just hangs on the connecting screen and I have to use the task manager to end pandora. I wish I could use this, I've been using pandora for years now and I love it.

Guest Nottach

sorry to hear it doesnt work for some. i honestly dont know why it wouldnt. maybe it has something to do with your gprs settings? i dont know. best of luck.

Guest oaacdi

3G here in Houston, TX, AT&T. Hopefully they will add our units soon. We should send some request.

I uninstalled the application and installed it again. Same endless connecting status, but this time it does not go through the process of log in and selecting the radio station. It remembers the very first one I selected on the first installation. Is there a registry key that needs to be modified in order to have a complete removal of the application?

I'm on 3g in north east massachusetts, I tried app unlocking, restarting and what not, the phone just hangs on the connecting screen and I have to use the task manager to end pandora. I wish I could use this, I've been using pandora for years now and I love it.
Edited by oaacdi

• 2 months later...
Guest daxdog

Great find. Thanks for sharing.

Does anyone know a good way to change the volume on this? When I play this through my car radio, it is too quiet.

Guest daxdog
heres a newer version that allows you to use the volume rockers while still in pandora. (no more returning to home screen to change the volume) works tip-top for me.

Rock on! Works perfectly using my BT headset. Now if I can just sneak out of work to try it in my car.

Guest tamanaco

I just updated using the new cab posted above, but after it starts I end up with a ad banner from Windows Vista with a Close and More Info options which I can't click because my BJ does not have a touchscreen. The banner covers part of the album art. Is there any way to get rid of this banner? For what specific WM phone is the pandora.cab 1.1.4 posted above? The previous cab that I had installed 1.0.25 was from a Motorola Q as the BJ is not listed as one of the supported WM phones. Anyone else having this issue with a BJII running WV6.1.

Thanks...

Guest tamanaco
heres a newer version that allows you to use the volume rockers while still in pandora. (no more returning to home screen to change the volume) works tip-top for me.

For what specific phone is the 1.1.4 pandora.cab attached?.... The BJII is not "officially" supported. Is it also for a Motorola Q or for a supported phone with a touchscreen?

Guest Nottach
Rock on! Works perfectly using my BT headset. Now if I can just sneak out of work to try it in my car.

Glad to help.

For what specific phone is the 1.1.4 pandora.cab attached?.... The BJII is not "officially" supported. Is it also for a Motorola Q or for a supported phone with a touchscreen?

I dont know what specific device its for. Ive never seen a "vista banner" covering album art. All I know is it looks and acts the exact same as the previous version except that you can know cahnge the volume within the app with the BJ2 volume rockers. It works beautifully for me and I assuming daxdog too. Both on BJ2s.

Try reinstalling.

Guest tamanaco
I dont know what specific device its for. Ive never seen a "vista banner" covering album art. All I know is it looks and acts the exact same as the previous version except that you can know cahnge the volume within the app with the BJ2 volume rockers. It works beautifully for me and I assuming daxdog too. Both on BJ2s.

Try reinstalling.

I figured it out... I found version 1.1.10 and when the banner pops up in this version it shows Q=Close to quit the banner ad, but still this version does not allow you to adjust the volume unless you're in the home screen. Re-installed 1.1.4 and pressing the Q closes the banner and the volume works while on the Pandora screen. I'm a happy camper.

Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nottach

well, it has stopped working for me. it now hangs at the white connecting banner. which is weird because it logs into my account and i can see my station but it never gets ast the connecting banner. ive tried reinstalling and the whole 9. doesnt work. anybody else having this prob??

Guest Mike Devenney
Great find. Thanks for sharing.

Does anyone know a good way to change the volume on this? When I play this through my car radio, it is too quiet.

How are you playing it through your car radio? I bought a BJII USB to 3.5mm jack then attached to the car's AUX input using a standard male to male 3.5mm cable but pandora keeps right on playing through the external speaker on the BJII. It's like it doesn't "see" my car. I have the nissan OEM handsfree option, could it be that the BJII gets confused because it's already hooked up to the car through Bluetooth?

Guest oaacdi

The unit died on me and since it was still in warranty they gave me a new unit. Needles to say, I tried this cab again. It's working like a charm!

3G here in Houston, TX, AT&T. Hopefully they will add our units soon. We should send some request.

I uninstalled the application and installed it again. Same endless connecting status, but this time it does not go through the process of log in and selecting the radio station. It remembers the very first one I selected on the first installation. Is there a registry key that needs to be modified in order to have a complete removal of the application?

Guest Nottach
well, it has stopped working for me. it now hangs at the white connecting banner. which is weird because it logs into my account and i can see my station but it never gets ast the connecting banner. ive tried reinstalling and the whole 9. doesnt work. anybody else having this prob??

uninstalled, deleted all registry entries, soft reset, installed. started the program from scratch, same problem, weird.