Barcode Reader and Price Compare?

Guest LSmith4285

Guest LSmith4285

I had a quick play with a G1 a while back in the T-Mobile store and didn't think a huge lot about it, I figured it would be nice to install it on my old Trinity but this doesn't look possible.

Anyway today a contractor comes into work today and we were chatting and he has one, I asked him how he was finding it, he really likes it. He was showing me some of the features and most I was thinking yeah my WM device does that (Google maps with GPS, VNC, web browsing, scrolling by finger etc) but one thing caught my eye: the barcode scanner.

This program lets you "scan" a barcode by pointing the camera at it, it then takes the barcode, goes off to a back end database to get the product name and then does a search via Google Products for the item you scanned.

Fantastic I thought, can be stood in Game, scan the barcode of a PS3 game and straight away know that I can save £10 by buying the product online! That should save some impulse buys! But does anyone know if anything like this is available on WM?