Orange Branded Omnia

Guest MaccJon

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed PHM Registry Editor and I could not found the \Version\CustomVersion folder. So how am I going to change it into having HKCU\ControlPanel\Version\CustomVersion ??? Please help

Right this is what i did with my Vodafone UK version to de-brand it :D

1 - updated using the samsung site (this gave me the latest vodafone rom once done)

2 - download this program > http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/ and install onto your phone.

3 - run resco explorer, then close it and soft reset.

4 - download and unzip the file onto your phone.

5 - using resco explorer find and double click on the file version.reg (this will import the following >> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Version]

"CustomVersion"="MSHH1" )

6 - put your phone into standby for 5 minutes

7 - go back to the samsung site and for the version check enter the following version MSHH1 you will then be able to download the official MSHJ1 updater.

8 - run the update!

9 - Sit back and enjoy the ride!!!

Warning this only worked for me! I did not mess with any *# codes or anything like that because I was only changing the operator not the country :)

Oh and remember do so at your own risk ...... but as I said before this way should be bullet proof as you are using a offical update .......

P.S. I using vista :)

Yes i really enjoyed the ride...thank you very very much for the help ratcom...it worked like a charm and the mini tutorial that u made was excellent...also the file that u attached was very helpfull and i didn't need to change the registry that will made things harder...ty again... ;)

But i have a question...which is the best working rom for omnia...official or cooked...i heard that DXHK3...is the best official right now..this is true???...can i install it???...some advises from u will be great...

Edited by deei

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed PHM Registry Editor and I could not found the \Version\CustomVersion folder. So how am I going to change it into having HKCU\ControlPanel\Version\CustomVersion ??? Please help

Follow ratcom's steps and download the file that he attached...i just tested and everything goes perfect...

• 3 weeks later...

1 - updated using the samsung site (this gave me the latest vodafone rom once done)

2 - download this program > http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/ and install onto your phone.

5 - using resco explorer find and double click on the file version.reg (this will import the following >> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Version]

7 - go back to the samsung site and for the version check enter the following version MSHH1 you will then be able to download the official MSHJ1 updater.

8 - run the update!

Warning this only worked for me! I did not mess with any *# codes or anything like that because I was only changing the operator not the country :)

Oh and remember do so at your own risk ...... but as I said before this way should be bullet proof as you are using a offical update .......

Hi. I've just got an i900 with orange branding -i900XXHH1/BVHH1.

when i go the the samsung site it does not recognise the BVHH1 ROM that I have.

I've followed instructions on previous post to get the latest ROM by entering by MSHH1 in the samsung site which worked fine.

But when I get to step 4 to install the ROM It is saying incorrect vrsion.

Any ideas??

or alternatively - where I could get the latest ROM otherwise??

sorry but I'm new to this, so thanks for patience and advice in advance

scrap that last one. i've followed previous instructions about changing the registry entry from BVHH1 to MSHH1 and appears to be working fine.

I used RESCO to edit the entry and its now installing.

Edited by stu.w

Guest woolfyboy

8 - run the update!

Fantastic. Used this method on my new Orange Branded Omnia - absolutly awesome. Took it's time starting up after the update, stuck on the Samsung screen for a while, but soon recovered.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DJWinder
Here is the way to debrand from Orange using Vista upgrading via XP is slightly different you need the Samsung modem driver.

I have sent you a link to a website which I used and the following is from there. Very useful tips there. I am jonflit user on that website.

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/rom-discussion/successfully-flashed-branded-orange-version-bvhh1-to-mshj1/

1. Go to the website:Xhttp://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp.Phone: i900XXHI5

2. For the version check enter the following version MSHH1 you will then be able to download the official MSHJ1 updater.

3. Edit the following registry key on the Omina HKCU\ControlPanel\Version\CustomVersion to MSHH1

(The original keys value on mine was BVHH1_HH1 I just altered it to read MSHH1_HH1)

Check this setting has been stored by using the version checker in Start\Settings\System

This is where I had to create the \CustomVersion folder in the Version folder then copy across the values and then change to MSHH1_HH1, when I check in the version via settings\system mine still read BVHH1.

I was advised also once changing the registry to turn off phone for at least 20secs.

4. Run the official updater.

If all goes correctly you should end up with the following versions:

PDA: i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1

Phone: i900XXHI5

Bit of a newbie here guys but it sound like you have the answers to getting rid of the orange branding.

My UK omnia on Orange is currently running

XXHJ4 / MSHJ1

XXHI5

However the branding is still there as I updated from the website before finding this advice. Is it still possible for me to follow the instructions to alter the registry and run the update again to remove branding or do you think that will lead to problems because its already on that version?

Guest msra6la2
Hi,

Did you get your phone from Phones4U? I sent it back for a fix a month ago, they upgraded the Rom but got rid of "my version" (or "CustomVersion" if you read it from the the registry tree). I think what you have to do is to create the CustomVersion file yourself, that's what I did and now I have MSHJ1 imprinted on my phone

go to HKCU ----> Control Panel, Now when you're here at this location, create a key "Version", then add a new String Value and call it CustomVersion, on the value tap type in "MSHJ1_HJ1"

:( hope it helps

Edited by msra6la2

• 4 weeks later...

Yea broke my phone got a replacement on saturday, I did the flash upgrade from the Orange BVHH1 to MSHJ1 and yeasterday the phone bricked (got told probably a faulty phone!) during the upgrade. Now recieved new phone today! My second and tried the same official upgrade. The pile of crap now will not load past the black samsung monia screen and is basically bricked again! DO NOT DO THIS UPGRADE! Oranges BVHH1 is the worst ever and buggy and will kill your phone. I am going to call orange int he next few minutes and threaten to kill someone if they dont send me out an unbranded samsung Omnia like my original one!

Guest Col.W
Yea broke my phone got a replacement on saturday, I did the flash upgrade from the Orange BVHH1 to MSHJ1 and yeasterday the phone bricked (got told probably a faulty phone!) during the upgrade. Now recieved new phone today! My second and tried the same official upgrade. The pile of crap now will not load past the black samsung monia screen and is basically bricked again! DO NOT DO THIS UPGRADE! Oranges BVHH1 is the worst ever and buggy and will kill your phone. I am going to call orange int he next few minutes and threaten to kill someone if they dont send me out an unbranded samsung Omnia like my original one!

If you are still getting the black omnia screen you can usually install the firmware from the first sticky on the roms page. It will load the older unbranded firmware without all the checks. http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...re-version-fix/ . From there you can get to your required firmware. I think the dxhj1 firmware is the one I used when my omnia got stuck between firmware versions. From there you can either go to dxia5 or you can edit the registry and go back to latest UK firmware mshj1.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davey1980
Right this is what i did with my Vodafone UK version to de-brand it :(

8 - run the update!

Warning this only worked for me! I did not mess with any *# codes or anything like that because I was only changing the operator not the country :(

P.S. I using vista B)

heres wot i did.... Omnia from Orange brand new.

hard reset - leaving storage card and memory (want it to be all nice and fresh :(

1- MSHH1 to get the latest version downloaded to computer (ok)

2- RESCO downloaded and installed (ok)

3- RESCO working fine and soft reset done (ok)

4- downloaded, extracted file to device 224b file name Version (ok)

5-RESCO found VERSION file double click gives "RESCO Registy module not found."

---

removed RESCO and installed RESCO again using the pc sync - saying problem with this installer package something and file interrupted need to restart again (tried few times still same, installed again with CAB file and tried to fine.. back to step 5 still getting "RESCO Registy module not found."

and i cant find HKCU at all on fone, RESCO does not find it.

---

so now im completely stuck, ive read full - http://www.samsung-omnia.org/rom-discussio...bvhh1-to-mshj1/ but no help.

any1 have any help for me please.

Edited by davey1980

Guest davey1980

they should of made a note of that.lol, bit conusing but once started resco went to options and downloaded the add-on ... now i was able to edit my version from BVHH1 to MSHH1.

downloading as we speak... ty for that info.

• 1 month later...
Guest julian7
Here is the way to debrand from Orange using Vista upgrading via XP is slightly different you need the Samsung modem driver.

I have sent you a link to a website which I used and the following is from there. Very useful tips there. I am jonflit user on that website.

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/rom-discussion/successfully-flashed-branded-orange-version-bvhh1-to-mshj1/

1. Go to the website:Xhttp://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp.Phone: i900XXHI5

2. For the version check enter the following version MSHH1 you will then be able to download the official MSHJ1 updater.

3. Edit the following registry key on the Omina HKCU\ControlPanel\Version\CustomVersion to MSHH1

(The original keys value on mine was BVHH1_HH1 I just altered it to read MSHH1_HH1)

Check this setting has been stored by using the version checker in Start\Settings\System

This is where I had to create the \CustomVersion folder in the Version folder then copy across the values and then change to MSHH1_HH1, when I check in the version via settings\system mine still read BVHH1.

I was advised also once changing the registry to turn off phone for at least 20secs.

I have an Omnia from Orange and I have got it unlocked at a shop for £10. But the widgets are still the grey and orange colour and the phone keeps switching back to Orange internet even though I have set it to connect to the net via Wifi. I also read on the net that someone who bought an unlocked orange Omnia from UK was having the same problem, ie the phone kept wanting to connect to the net via orange.

I tried the above, changing the registry from BVHH1 to MSHH1. That done, I went to the Samsung website that asked me to update the windows mobile device center download. I tried this but it did not come through. Then I tried downloading the firmware but at installation, I get the message that "WINUSB.dll is missing" and I cannot proceed. Can someone please help?

I am using windows XP home 32 bit (and it says that one has to use Vista if one wants to update the firmware) I am also using Activesync 4.5

Thank you.

Guest jvckey

I have a similar issue... I have a spanish orange branded omnia i900. I debranded it through keypad codes... now the version info is:

PDA: i900XJHI2/BNHI1

TELEFONO: i900BVHH6

The official omnia updater says: incorrect version... Is there any way to get the original updated firmware in english, even if y use it in spain?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1 month later...
Guest zymon

i have just opened up the options in resco program and chose addin bit, but do i then click " Download resco today plugin " bit ? I tried it but the phone tries to retrieve it from the net and i thought the addin patch was already from the previous install of the resco prog? my phone wont connect to the net because its on a bt sim card ( not the normal o2 bt ) .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mattzat
can you please help me debrand my orange i900 can you email me the step by step instructions on how to do this please my email is [email protected] my i900 is branded to orange uk Software vershion BVHH1

Please could you forward the instructions on how to debrand my omnia please. [email protected] Many Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ErnestLondon

Hello everyone I tried to debrand using this method. BUT unfortunately, after running the official updater I received the message: "turn on manually the device" but I coundn't swith it on :) , does it mean that my phone is "brick" if so what can I do? I tried a prayer but nothing yet ;) any other suggestions?