New to the Omnia i900 ... my rom version

Guest Isak

Guest blert596
I have i new Samsung OMnia i was wondering first what my firmware i900DXHH1 means as it is only that and nothing more which is not what everyone on here has ... also how would i go about installing a cooked firmware with m2d and can a downgrade. thanks for your help

From what I can work out from the info on page 1 I think its as follows:

i900 - phone model type

DX - is the region designation which is Indonesia/Malaysia/Phillipines/Singapore/Vietnam

HH1 - means its a August 2008 Version 1

I think (not sure like) that if the version just looks like:

i900DXHH1

then its not operator locked and doesnt have any of their stuff on. I'm not 100% sure though, maybe someone can confirm/deny.

Heres a link to the Samsung Update site if its any use.

http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

I think it will upgrade you to DXHK3.

If it has a bit after the initial version, for example i900XXHH7/BOHH5 then it has a network operator ROM packaged on it.

The example above is for my phone which is T-Mob UK. Hopefully, I'll find a better ROM to use on it as Paul says mines a monstrosity :) . I've been looking about but get a bit confused when the threads go a bit in depth.

thanks for the reply im in the uk so its weird that i have a singapore rom ... i assume i can install any rom including cooked roms over it ? thanks for ur help

Guest blert596
thanks for the reply im in the uk so its weird that i have a singapore rom ... i assume i can install any rom including cooked roms over it ? thanks for ur help

I'm pretty sure you can. In fact I think a lot of people have to change their phone to singapore settings to get through a flash. :)

Guest MrJoneswii
I have an Omnia i900 I just got offebay (good bad) I looked at the firmware version and here it is can someone give me a heads up on what I have it makes no sence to me

pda i900dxhg3

phone ipo8zhhh2

I'm lost . The fellow i got this from said he took it to a cellphone store and had them put english on it thats all . What version do I go to ,or can I go to and why does the phone not match the pda part ??

Thanks for any help

If you can't tell I'm New :) Thanks again

Hey, the phone part is indeed a bit weird, I've never seen anything like that before. But it's quit normal that the phone part does not match the pda part.

You can upgrade your rom to whatever version you want. Your rom version is quit old, I would go to the official samsung site and download the latest version from the Philippines.

Make sure you use an xp machine and simply follow the instructions from samsung.

hope this is what you where looking for.

• 2 months later...
Guest mjdj1689

Hi guys just got my omnia and its on orange uk the software is PDA i900XXHH1/BVHH1

PHONE IB900BVHH1

I would like to be pointed in the right direction so I can take this awful orange branding off my phone , my pc is running vista, so what reg edited do I need that runs on vista and whats the lastest uk samsung offical software, when I go to the samsung site it says incorrect software version. Thanx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shobe

hi!

i don't understand why are there different ROM's for different countries? is there a device in the files installed per country? can someone please help me with mine?

my phone is pda: i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1

phone: i900XXHI5.

is this the latest? coz from what i understand the pda is open market, version 4 october 2008? sorry someone from the UK gave me this phone but i am currently in the US and will be using it in the Philippines in the future. do i need to upgrade my ROM to the UK version from the website or the PHilippine ROM version? i don't understand what is the difference with the ROMs. please help me...

next, i want to install skyscape programs and i install the files in MY STORAGE. when i check the memory of MY STORAGE there is still a lot of space available but when i try to install more, I can't because it says "STORAGE MEMORY IS CRITICALLY LOW" i don't understand what happened. why is the storage memory full when i install files in MY STORAGE. is there a way to empty the "STORAGE MEMORY"? i mean i don't have any games, pictures, videos or any other files installed except the SKYSCAPE PROGRAMS.

Deepest Thanks to anyone who can please help me....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrJoneswii
hi!

i don't understand why are there different ROM's for different countries? is there a device in the files installed per country? can someone please help me with mine?

my phone is pda: i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1

phone: i900XXHI5.

is this the latest? coz from what i understand the pda is open market, version 4 october 2008? sorry someone from the UK gave me this phone but i am currently in the US and will be using it in the Philippines in the future. do i need to upgrade my ROM to the UK version from the website or the PHilippine ROM version? i don't understand what is the difference with the ROMs. please help me...

next, i want to install skyscape programs and i install the files in MY STORAGE. when i check the memory of MY STORAGE there is still a lot of space available but when i try to install more, I can't because it says "STORAGE MEMORY IS CRITICALLY LOW" i don't understand what happened. why is the storage memory full when i install files in MY STORAGE. is there a way to empty the "STORAGE MEMORY"? i mean i don't have any games, pictures, videos or any other files installed except the SKYSCAPE PROGRAMS.

Deepest Thanks to anyone who can please help me....

lol, I think I replied to you a few posts back. If not; there's a dude with the exact same questions as you, you'll find it here somewhere

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jackal764u

Hi Guys

I have tried everything possible but still get incorrect version. I Downloaded official South African Firmware JCHJ3. My phone version is:

PDA i900XXIB5/ JBIC1 and PHONE i900BUIBI.

The update .exe says the following from the bottom up i900JCHJ3 *JCHJ3 i900JC.

I have edited the phone registry to following versions but none of it works JCHH3 JCHH1 JCHJ1

All this was done in Vista, Windows 7 and XP

PLease help. Where are my settings incorrect?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest Jesse1981
It seems that both DT and DF are Australian roms.

Did you by any chance have the phone from Optus, cause most people with an Optus phone have a DF region code.

And yeah, i know, Australia is not on the list. Sorry dudes.

But you can install any version you want, even the latest official one from the Philippines DXHK3.

just search for "incorrect version" here.

Hi is that version still the latest one to d/l for australians using optus?