SztupY's automated kitchen [with OPTIMIZER]

Guest sztupy

Guest shokka9

just sucessfully flashed to my own DXHK3_SHK02...

the SYAKR SP2 full pack worked Sztupy!! :rolleyes:

Damn this should be a nice ROM, did a few little things of my own too. I replaced a few files in OEMApps, just somes wavs, gifs, (with smaller ones) etc.

Not added anything (yet) apart from some (not all) stuff in SYAKR. Can't wait to set it up to give it a good running in, whilst i get to grips with adding apps to the ROM. I need to make a M2D one..watch this space..

I can't believe i have done it. Thanks for all of your help (you know who).

Oh, i got STORAGE memory: TOTAL - 137.11MB; In Use - 8.68MB; FREE 128.43. This ROCKS!!

Some more learning to do.

Edited by shokka9

just sucessfully flashed to my own DXHK3_SHK02...

the SYAKR SP2 full pack worked Sztupy!! :rolleyes:

Damn this should be a nice ROM, did a few little things of my own too. I replaced a few files in OEMApps, just somes wavs, gifs, (with smaller ones) etc.

Not added anything (yet) apart from some (not all) stuff in SYAKR. Can't wait to set it up to give it a good running in, whilst i get to grips with adding apps to the ROM. I need to make a M2D one..watch this space..

I can't believe i have done it. Thanks for all of your help (you know who).

Oh, i got STORAGE memory: TOTAL - 137.11MB; In Use - 8.68MB; FREE 128.43. This ROCKS!!

Some more learning to do.

Hey good news :). Can you please make a step-to-step tutorial on how to cook using this customization?

Im trying also to learn :(

thanks mate

shokka: I'm glad it worked :rolleyes:

DZHL2: As a christmas present our operator upgraded from GPRS to EDGE... so my upload will still suck, but at least I could download DZHK2 in a whopping 4 hours :)

I runned the tasks os them, and they seem to work for HL2 too!

There are only some minor warnings:

- Remove SilverInbox does not work, as HL2 lacks SilverInbox

- Remove Shozu does not work, as HL2 lacks shozu

- Remove Samsung Widget does not work, as the widgets are moved from the OEMApps to the CSC folder

- Install Favorite Settings does not work, as Favorite Settings are already installed :( (but we'll need a _remove favorite settings_ task :( )

apart from these things I think the tasks will work fine under DZHL2 too. Couldn't test it out, because I only have a vista box, and even grandprix_vista doesn't seem to like me... maybe later... and well... because I'm using the phone to connect to the internet, I wouldn't like it if something goes wrong :D

As far as I see the pda.bin is not much larger than the DXHK3 (it's 6 megs larger extracted, which should be the new sharepix and favorite settings applications)

But the csc.bin is much-much larger, because the new widgets are in the CSC, and they take a LOT of space (accuweather is 3megs for example)

lufeig: will you try this out to create your HL2 clean rom?

and now back playing some games with the family

EDIT: A minor tutorial:

because the DZHL2 ROM is provided as bin files, you can't use extract_exe.cmd... But you can rename the bootimage.nb0 to eboot.nb0, the pdaxxx.bin to pda.bin, the phonexxx.bin to phone.bin and the cscxxx.bin to csc.bin, and run extract_bin.cmd (without parameters). The result should be the same as with an .exe based ROM

Edited by sztupy

Hey good news :rolleyes: . Can you please make a step-to-step tutorial on how to cook using this customization?

Im trying also to learn :(

thanks mate

I hope shokka will create one, which I'll lectorate :)

But I think a program that checks whether the appropriate frameworks are installed would be nice. It will ease debugging, that's for sure.

Guest midimal
fantastic tool sztupy, great work...

So so ich dachte DU magst MoDaCo Jungs nicht mehr :rolleyes:

Na dann mach mal 2-3 Versionen fürs german board (das tool hast Du ja nu :))) )

Dein Freund Midimal

Guest shokka9

Hi peeps, merry xmas.

NObody is up yet except my little boy, so i have chance to post this.

Sztupy, my ROM is good, slight issue, .net 3.5 didnt seem to install proprerly. Dont know if you tested any apps with it. I tried G-Alarm and SnapShot.exe, but need 3.5 and both errored on install.

Had to install .net CF 3.5 from my PC, and the apps were good to go.

Not sure what happened there..

Some screen shots, my version SHK02 and memory after installing all my apps (M2D too).

** I will be posting a detailed guide on how to Build ROMs tomorrow, i have it saved down with images, just needs tidying up etc. This guide is for total noobs **

Hey Sztupy, you think the HL2 ROM could be cleansed?? Widgets in CSC? Seems a bit mad..

Like you said as it comes as .bin files they can be simply renamed etc, should not be a problem.

Speak tomorrow....presents to enjoy etc etc....

Have a good day peoples!

pic01.bmp

pic02.bmp

Edited by shokka9

Guest mimosoft

Hi,

is it possible to edit a German BHHL2 rom with this tool? Seems the scripts runs too fast. Do the xml files check which version the romfiles have ( ).

Because is use BH and HL2. Tried to edit some xml files but i think it doesnt't work at all. But NewRom.bin from RomKitchen is 3mb smaller than pda.bin extracted with Executor.

Edited by mimosoft

Hi,

is it possible to edit a German BHHL2 rom with this tool? Seems the scripts runs too fast. Do the xml files check which version the romfiles have ( ).

Because is use BH and HL2. Tried to edit some xml files but i think it doesnt't work at all. But NewRom.bin from RomKitchen is 3mb smaller than pda.bin extracted with Executor.

No they're simple scripts. They don't check what version you have, because most of the tasks should work fine with multiple ROM's. The version number in the XML files only mean, that they are TESTED under that version, and they should work there without problems. On the other ROM's they might cause trouble, although it's unlikely.

shokka: some of the apps did work for me under .NET 3.5, but it seems that wasn't enough... Maybe putting the package into the sys folder instead of the OEM will help... Gonna try out

EDIT: yep, it seems it lacked some registry settings. Replace the old task with this one: http://sztupy.hu/Update_dotNET_CE_to_35.zip

Edited by sztupy

Guest mimosoft

Is there any possibility to check if the script worked or not? Mabye a logfile or anything else?

:rolleyes:

EDIT: can`t find messages.log or warnings.log

This is what i did:

1. extracted rom with romkitchen (new directories: OEM, ROM, SYS,..)

2. extracted customer.csc with executor (new directory: Customer_CSC)

3. copied syark-tool into romkitchen folder, and copied executor in the same directory

4. run syark.exe. checked boxes

5. run script

6. script runs, --> "done"

7. nothing changed? no messages.log, no warnings.log

:)

Edited by mimosoft

Is there any possibility to check if the script worked or not? Mabye a logfile or anything else?

:rolleyes:

EDIT: can`t find messages.log or warnings.log

This is what i did:

1. extracted rom with romkitchen (new directories: OEM, ROM, SYS,..)

2. extracted customer.csc with executor (new directory: Customer_CSC)

3. copied syark-tool into romkitchen folder, and copied executor in the same directory

4. run syark.exe. checked boxes

5. run script

6. script runs, --> "done"

7. nothing changed? no messages.log, no warnings.log

:)

Strange... Could you search for the log files on your entire hard disk? Maybe it had put it in some strange directory... I think there may be some directory related errors, but I never experienced them yet.

Edited by sztupy

Guest mimosoft
Strange... Could you search for the log files on your entire hard disk? Maybe it had put it in some strange directory...

Searched all hard disks. No log file found. I download syakr031_sp2_full.zip a second time.

EDIT:

YEAH! Downloaded again and now it works! THX! Very nice piece of software.

Edited by mimosoft

Searched all hard disks. No log file found. I download syakr031_sp2_full.zip a second time.

EDIT:

YEAH! Downloaded again and now it works! THX! Very nice piece of software.

Hmm... The same happened with shokka... he had to re-download it too... maybe UFO's have conquered my host? :rolleyes:

Guest shokka9
I hope shokka will create one, which I'll lectorate :rolleyes:

Well folks, i am and have, just needs editing and tidying up before i unleash it. No problem with Sztupy lectorating my guide. :)

It incorporates PaSSoA's, but breaks it down, so you know what to expect as you do it. I had a few issues myself (but Sztupy fixed those!), but its a process that needs to be the same way every time; it now takes me longer to flash my Omnia than to make a new ROM.

I am in the process of building a ROM for myself which has all my apps and registry settings all done so when i flash it, i don't have to do anything, except setup the apps. But when i have something (not my ROM), just a totally clean ROM (HL2, HK3, HK2 for now) for people to use as they wish, i will upload to somewhere for you all to play with. I might personalise it a little (just so you know where it came from).

I use a select few apps, and M2D too. I now have 80mb free after installing everything, thats only using 57mb out of 137mb, not bad at all.

Sztupy: Thanks for the .net fix. Try it later. Have xmas dinner to eat soon, just getting ready...

Take care all and have a happy holiday and eat lots (drink lots too, if you do!).

PS - Just got HL2 ROM, will make a HL2 phone with HK3 PDA, should be nice.....

Edited by shokka9

Guest shokka9

Sztupy..

cooking HK3 with PHONE.BIN from HL2..

Thats not the issue. Thid id....overwrote the .netCF 3.5 task & xml in your app (with new ones in your post). Ran it and got error when trying to BuildOS.cmd.

Unchecked the option to install .netCF 3.5 and built ok?? Re-packing to exe file too as i type...custom rom sucesfully built.

Will test asap, busy day as you all can imagine.

Will need a manual .netCF install tho..

Sztupy..

cooking HK3 with PHONE.BIN from HL2..

Thats not the issue. Thid id....overwrote the .netCF 3.5 task & xml in your app (with new ones in your post). Ran it and got error when trying to BuildOS.cmd.

Unchecked the option to install .netCF 3.5 and built ok?? Re-packing to exe file too as i type...custom rom sucesfully built.

Will test asap, busy day as you all can imagine.

Will need a manual .netCF install tho..

What was the error? Did you start from a fresh kitchen? The new task had built fine for me...

Going to try out DXHL2... I hope I'll be back :rolleyes:

Edited by sztupy

Guest bubigrega
What was the error? Did you start from a fresh kitchen? The new task had built fine for me...

Going to try out DXHL2... I hope I'll be back :)

just cooked and flashed my custom version of hl2 and works great. maybe you could ad some new tasks...

marry christmass all :rolleyes:

Guest shokka9

just using my phone to check out the posts.

can't remember exactly the error. will try again soon. if it worked for you it should for me. let you know when i have.

eager to try the HL2 HK3 combo out.

laters for now. thanks sztupy.

And here it is. SYAKR 0.9 with DXHK3 and DXHL2 tasks (tested and confirmed to be working).

So what's new?

• Acquires your current ROM's version from the eboot file
  • Shows you which tasks are supported on your ROM, and which are not
  • Has a more robust registry deletion support (now you can use regular expressions and substring matches, so deleting a whole subtree will now be a joy :rolleyes: )
  • .NET CE 3.5 task should work fine now
  • DXHL2 tasks

Made a quick remove-everything test on DXHL2. The results are promising:

Storage: 166.82MB / 9.29MB / 157.54MB free

Program: 96.59MB / 27.87MB / 68.72MB free

So it seems, that because the new widgets eat a lot of space and memory, a lot of things were removed from DXHL2 officially, so after removing the "usual" things, and the new samsung widget interface (and the chinese input as well) you'll get tons of free space.

Although the above numbers are from a mostly ultimate-clean ROM, the usual configuration (adding .NET 3.5, fl3.1 and some apps you want to use) will still result in around 120 to 150MB of free space! Lots of people say that HL2 is unstable, but I think that is because of the widgets interface. So for clean ROM lovers (for whom deleting the widgets are the first thing to do :) ) it seems HL2 is a great choice, and besides the Favorite Settings and the new Volume control interface is really finger-friendly, and is so a must-have.

I updated the usual tasks, so they work with HL2 too (besides some minor changes, opera and the widget interface changed much, and of course there is a chinese input removal task too, so the size of the CSC can be reduced to a few MB). There are also some tasks, that try to free up more space, but they will brick the PDA part of the phone. They have a version compatibility of (none / none), so you'll find out which tasks they are. SYAKR 0.9 will show an arrow before each task that is supported on your current ROM version

post-465894-1230248825_thumb.jpg

DL link: http://winmo.sztupy.hu/syakr.html

PS1: DZHL2 is a DXHL2 ROM with a "DZ" CSC part.

PS2: You should use i900_executor to create the firmware updater exe instead of i900tool, because the latter doesn't like large CSC files. Besides in executor you can create a flasher, that flash eveything except the PHONE part, which is usually the most time-consuming part of the flashing process (and it's useless to re-run that part after the first full flashing). To use the executor to create the rom file, load up executor, swith to EXE/Assemble, load the appropriate files (phone.bin and multilang.bin is optional), and press GO. It'll create your flasher in no time.

Edited by sztupy

I have a few questions.

what is:

connected home

EMZ codecs

GyPSII

Panel FS

Samsung Media Server

Silver Inbox

~files

??

thank you and good night :(

connected home: dunno, never used it (it's in DXHK3 and DXHL2 too)

EMZ codecs: audio and video codes. The phone does not work without them, so you souldn't use it :rolleyes:

GyPSii: The shozu of the HL2 ROM

Panel FS: Chinese input

Samsung Media Server: dunno, but the phone does not work without it :)

Silver Inbox: Touch friendly SMS sending in HK3 ROM

~files: Some unused and temporary files in the ROM. 100% uselessness

Guest peterk2005
connected home: dunno, never used it (it's in DXHK3 and DXHL2 too)

Panel FS: Chinese input

Samsung Media Server: dunno, but the phone does not work without it :rolleyes:

PanelFS: I ran this task and i found that it needs some more jobs to do with CSCConfig.xml. The task should remove all "PlumSIP" related entries from this file. How can we achieve this? (Sorry, I'm still getting familiar with your tool's scripting possibilities. :))

Btw, sometimes it's quite difficult to figure out what certain tasks do. Your great tool suddenly brought a lot of "amateurs" into rom cooking business who are not familiar with these tasks. Would it be possible to add a more detailed description? Something like a tooltip for example that says: "This removes chinese handwriting input. It resides in CSC and is safely removable by non-chinese speakers. Removing this frees up cca. 3.5MBytes of space."

Connected home: The task removes DMC.exe and a shortcut to it. Looking into the file, it's related to DLNA functionality (it's a protocol to share multimedia across home entertainment devices such as computers, TV's, networked players, etc.). The name "DMC" could mean "Digital Media Converter", in which case DMC.exe could be a DLNA server? (Dunno).

Samsung Media Server: I guess this may be something similar to Connected Home, but different protocol???

Edited by peterk2005

PanelFS: I run this task and i found that it needs some more jobs to do with CSCConfig.xml. The task should remove all "PlumSIP" related entries from this file. How can we achieve this? (Sorry, I'm still getting familiar with your tool's scripting possibilities. :rolleyes: )

Because the program doesn't have an XML editor yet, the only way is to create a replace task, that replaces the lines form the XML with nothing. But the installation won't hang when it encounters something that can't be done, so I don't think it's a big error, that the CSCConfig.xml is left that way.

Btw, sometimes it's quite difficult to figure out what certain tasks are doing. Your great tool suddenly brought a lot of "amateurs" into rom cooking business who are not familiar with these tasks. Would it be possible to add a more detailed description? Something like a tooltip for example that says: "This removes chinese handwriting input. It resides in CSC and is safely removable by non-chinese speakers. Removing this frees up cca. 3.5MBytes of space."

I mainly made this program so "professionals" can share their tasks with each other.BTW I'm not the guy who likes creating tutorials, and such, but if someone does these things, I'll add them. There is a metadata for weach task that show up when you click on the task (not on the checkbox), so adding things like this is easy.

Connected home: The task removes DMC.exe and a shortcut to it. Looking into the file, it's related to DLNA functionality (it's a protocol to share multimedia across home entertainment devices such as computers, TV's, networked players, etc.). The name "DMC" could mean "Digital Media Converter", in which case DMC.exe could be a DLNA server? (Dunno).

Samsung Media Server: I guess this may be something similar to Connected Home, but different protocol???

I don't know, but removing the latter bricks the phone, while the removing the first does not. So it seems it is used internally (or it may mean that my task is incomplete), but for what and why, I don't know...

Edited by sztupy

sztupy i have problem with NetCF 3.5 when im trying to build the rom. before you have updated the package was working good.

What kind of problem? (syakr crashes, buildrom crashes, both crash, etc?)