SztupY's automated kitchen [with OPTIMIZER]

Guest sztupy

Guest peterk2005

Sztupy, a few things that I noticed after running tasks on HL2:

Remove Opera: Remainig files in OemApps: _jscustom-armv4i.lib, _opera-armv4i.lib, _english.lng, ar.lng, nb.lng (cca. 400kbytes)

Remove Widgets: Remainig files in OemApps like: "04_Widget_Menu_Popup.wav" etc. (XX_Widget_XXXX.wav)

Remove music, ringtones: Some MP3 still there in OemApps: "For lovely eyes01.mp3", "Night of Rio.mp3", "Samsung Tune .mp3", "Still warm.mp3"

Not sure if these could be removed too...

Sztupy, a few things that I noticed after running tasks on HL2:

Remove Opera: Remainig files in OemApps: _jscustom-armv4i.lib, _opera-armv4i.lib, _english.lng, ar.lng, nb.lng (cca. 400kbytes)

Remove Widgets: Remainig files in OemApps like: "04_Widget_Menu_Popup.wav" etc. (XX_Widget_XXXX.wav)

Remove music, ringtones: Some MP3 still there in OemApps: "For lovely eyes01.mp3", "Night of Rio.mp3", "Samsung Tune .mp3", "Still warm.mp3"

Not sure if these could be removed too...

Opera and Widgets: Oops, forgot them :rolleyes: Updated tasks below.

Music: Samsung Tune is the default, I wouldn't delete it. The other three files are for PhotoSlides, they are deleted in that task.

_files.zip

Guest peterk2005
Opera and Widgets: Oops, forgot them :rolleyes: Updated tasks below.

Hmmm. There is still a "08_Wiget_icon_insert.wav" file (notice the typo). Mispelling from Samsung guys makes you extra jobs, huh? :) :(

Just a quick question: What happens if I put files in CSC that are already exist in OemApps? Do they get igonored or do they overwrite the OemApps ones?

I think that depends on the CSCConfig.xml file... but I think overwriting is the default

hey bro sztupy.. any idea y i got this warning msg whrn tried to delete shozu

Executing rem_shozu...

Warning! No file or directory match "adverts.cog" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "catalogue.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "categories.cog" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "channels.cog" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "cogcre.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "cogcrelog.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "cogrcp.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "CRE.exe" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "destinations.cog" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "download.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "medman.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "medmanlog.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "menu.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "providers.cog" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "rcpmenu.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "ShoZuHelp.r01" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "ShoZu.lnk" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "ShoZuHelpCommon.cog" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "shozuRcp.exe" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "ShoZuRes.r01" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "splashscreen.cog" in current base directory and scope

Warning! Initflasfiles row not found! Directory("\Program Files\Cognima\shozu")

Warning! Initflasfiles row not found! Directory("\Program Files\Cognima"):-Directory("shozu")

Warning! Initflasfiles row not found! Directory\("\\Program Files"\):-Directory\("Cogni.*"\)

Warning! Initflasfiles row not found! Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("ShoZu.lnk", "\Windows\ShoZu.lnk")

hey bro sztupy.. any idea y i got this warning msg whrn tried to delete shozu

Executing rem_shozu...

Warning! No file or directory match "adverts.cog" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "catalogue.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "categories.cog" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "channels.cog" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "cogcre.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "cogcrelog.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "cogrcp.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "CRE.exe" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "destinations.cog" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "download.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "medman.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "medmanlog.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "menu.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "providers.cog" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "rcpmenu.ini" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "ShoZuHelp.r01" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "ShoZu.lnk" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "ShoZuHelpCommon.cog" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "shozuRcp.exe" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "ShoZuRes.r01" in current base directory and scope

Warning! No file or directory match "splashscreen.cog" in current base directory and scope

Warning! Initflasfiles row not found! Directory("\Program Files\Cognima\shozu")

Warning! Initflasfiles row not found! Directory("\Program Files\Cognima"):-Directory("shozu")

Warning! Initflasfiles row not found! Directory\("\\Program Files"\):-Directory\("Cogni.*"\)

Warning! Initflasfiles row not found! Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("ShoZu.lnk", "\Windows\ShoZu.lnk")

1. You didn't extract the CSC file, or put it in a wrong place

2. You used a HL2 ROM, which doesn't have shozu

Well, you can use Visual Studio for example if you have it installed. For "manual" cab creation you can use the MS tool called CabWiz.exe (it's free i think). Here is a "howto": http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa924359.aspx

VS is out of the scope, because it is hard to automate. But the cabwiz looks great. I'll try to modify the program to create cab files from the files/registry settings that are deleted.

Guest mux0x55
sztupy i have problem with NetCF 3.5 when im trying to build the rom. before you have updated the package was working good.

Me too. There's a problem building rom. Rom HL2, Builder is searching for dsm file in .NetCF...

Thanks a lot. Great tool! Cheers!

Guest shokka9

just flashed my (revised) HL2 Phone with HK3 PDA; all good. :(

Used SYAKR 0.9. worked no probs. .net 3.5 worked fine (@ sector, i had same issues), only thing i noticed was that when i ran BuildOS.cmd. I didn't have the usual tick box for adding that app??

Just tested it G-Alarm, Seismo & light saber. No issues..so i don't worry about it. :)

Just also, created a HL2 exe (from pda.bin, phone.bin, eboot.nb0, customer.csc - USE i900 EXEcutor - the EXE tab), gonna strip it out shortly and use it for a while. Been mad busy today, just set-up Dora playhouse for one of my little girls. Xmas hey!! Don't you love it?? :rolleyes:

But i look forward to HL2 (my version), started playing with the registry too. Just to enlarge a few caches (glyphcache), etc.

DZHL2_DXHK3_SHK03.bmp

Me too. There's a problem building rom. Rom HL2, Builder is searching for dsm file in .NetCF...

But it's there... a8f43c9f-bc38-430e-81d1-a2e6c650f225.dsm. Are you using a clean kitchen with the latest (0.9) files? What are you using to extract the ZIP file?

just flashed my (revised) HL2 Phone with HK3 PDA; all good. :(

Used SYAKR 0.9. worked no probs. .net 3.5 worked fine (@ sector, i had same issues), only thing i noticed was that when i ran BuildOS.cmd. I didn't have the usual tick box for adding that app??

Just tested it G-Alarm, Seismo & light saber. No issues..so i don't worry about it. :)

Just also, created a HL2 exe (from pda.bin, phone.bin, eboot.nb0, customer.csc - USE i900 EXEcutor - the EXE tab), gonna strip it out shortly and use it for a while. Been mad busy today, just set-up Dora playhouse for one of my little girls. Xmas hey!! Don't you love it?? :rolleyes:

But i look forward to HL2 (my version), started playing with the registry too. Just to enlarge a few caches (glyphcache), etc.

no more check box in the BuildOs, thats normal.

Will you send me some registry hacks, that can be made into some separate tasks? it'd be great.

Guest shokka9

Thats the same error i had (thought it has DSM in it?!).

If you are using the older SYAKR, i suggest using the 0.9 version (latest for HL2 & HK3). As you can see from my last post, i just done it with NO ERRORS, and flashed to my Omnia.

All good. Hope you are using the older ones, so you can easily avoid the error. I even used the replacement task from Sztupy and still got the same error??

just flashed my (revised) HL2 Phone with HK3 PDA; all good. :D

Just tested it G-Alarm, Seismo & light saber. No issues..so i don't worry about it. :(

Hey :(, got it working now. I also didnt find any NetCF.35 on BuildRom but if u tested it and it is ok, i will check it out.

Need to ask if there is any diff if you have the HL2 for phone or HK3. Is it necessary?

@sztupy : Szia B). When you are saying that removing some things from your config will brick the phone... Have you checked them and it does brick it? :) On this case if smth happens what shall we do?

Thanks guys.

Hey :D , got it working now. I also didnt find any NetCF.35 on BuildRom but if u tested it and it is ok, i will check it out.

Need to ask if there is any diff if you have the HL2 for phone or HK3. Is it necessary?

@sztupy : Szia B) . When you are saying that removing some things from your config will brick the phone... Have you checked them and it does brick it? :rolleyes: On this case if smth happens what shall we do?

Thanks guys.

NETCF is gone from BuildOs, because it was moved to the SYS directory. BuildOs only cares about the OEM directory.

While this isn't true for the PDA BIN-s (HL1 was more buggy than HK3), the following is true for the phone bins: the latter the better.

Ãœdv :) All the tasks that are marked (none / none) did brick my phone, which means the phone did boot up, but it crashed on the boot screen (or did other strange things). Of course because the bootloader was fine, reflashing a working ROM solved the case. (So it wasn't a permanent brick :( ). I still kept those tasks, because maybe someone finds out how to get them to work :( (for example removing the samsung keyboard would mean a lot of free space, but it seems the phone wouldn't boot up after removing that... maybe instead of a full removal, a simple cleanup would worth it (like delete the unusued BMP, XML, etc. files for non-english keyboards)

Guest shokka9
While this isn't true for the PDA BIN-s (HL1 was more buggy than HK3), the following is true for the phone bins: the latter the better.

Yeah, keep upto date with Phone parts...

It's the PDA that causes all the trouble and cleaning up. HL2 is huge, so when it's been cleansed, we have a lot of room left. Which is what i want....

Oh Sztupy..just PM'd you.

Guest peterk2005
VS is out of the scope, because it is hard to automate. But the cabwiz looks great. I'll try to modify the program to create cab files from the files/registry settings that are deleted.

Wow, that would be great improvement! You trully rock! :rolleyes:

(I'm not sure where CabWiz.exe could be downloaded from separately. If you don't find it, try downloading WM6 SDK. It' huge but it contains most MS stuff for WinMo devices.)

Guest shokka9
Going to make a UC and an M2D task. Anyone throws me a tutorial on how to install UC and M2D? :rolleyes:

I have an M2D how to here...

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/how-to...sg6506/#msg6506

It involves a lot of cabs tho, unless anyone has got all the cabs in one cab??

Maybe that helps Sztupy. If you could do this, i would be very happy!!!

UC doesn't always work for me.

(I have the cabs and files if you need them)

Edited by shokka9

Wow, that would be great improvement! You trully rock! :)

(I'm not sure where CabWiz.exe could be downloaded from separately. If you don't find it, try downloading WM6 SDK. It' huge but it contains most MS stuff for WinMo devices.)

Got VS.NET 2008 and WM6 SDK, so no problem :rolleyes: I just don't like to read a lot of MSDN docs...

I have an M2D how to here...

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/how-to...sg6506/#msg6506

It involves a lot of cabs tho, unless anyone has got all the cabs in one cab??

Maybe that helps Sztupy. If you could do this, i would be very happy!!!

UC doesn't always work for me.

(I have the cabs and files if you need them)

Phew.. that's a lot of steps :rolleyes: Well, gonna try out if there isn't a better alternative... I've heard that you can make it work in landscape mode too with custom skins. Any tut on that?