Sign in to follow this  
darklordofthesith

windows mobile 6.5

Has anyone heard anything recent of the windows mobile 6.5 release? just wondering because i am tired of 6.1. :rolleyes:

My guess is we won't get it. 6.5 is going to have IE mobile 6 and Steve Ballmer said that current phones won't be able to handle IE 6. So that makes me think they won't bother releasing a version of 6.5 compatiable with our phone.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't just a blatant lie on Ballmer's part. I find it hard to believe Opera, Skyfire, JB5, Ibis, and all the other browsers and apps that work are much more demanding than IE6.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't just a blatant lie on Ballmer's part. I find it hard to believe Opera, Skyfire, JB5, Ibis, and all the other browsers and apps that work are much more demanding than IE6.

Yeah I'm sure our phones can handle it, it's probably just an excuse to make people upgrade to a new device. Nonetheless that means they probably won't release 6.5 for older phones.