People are getting bored with the Omnia already

Guest samjuan

Guest blyx1221

im enjoying using gps with my omnia, listening to music and surfing using wifi, battery is not that but though, well i really love my omnia.

Guest lantony

In my case it's just the contrary of what you say: everyday i discover some new apps for my Omnia and the customization is amazing! What you saybe maybe could be correct, if a person is unexperienced and not able to use computers, will get soon bored of this smartphone because it will use with the default settings/apps. With the new ROMS is getting better and better, long time will pass from my next upgrade :( W OMNIA !

Guest 1Mack

Bored with the Omnia :P :P :( NOT :D B) . I have been waiting long weeks for a replacement for my one that got nicked but still pass the time upgrading and tweaking my friends :D . This Phone replaced my N95 and my Ipaq 2795 and also takes pocket camera duty now. With only this device and a back up battery I am ready for damn near everything that can come at me in a day. Are there some improvements I would like to see in an upcoming WINMO version YES (256 RAM and 512 ROM or putting OS on the mass storage for starters) Are there somethings I think need to be ironed out in this version YES (some more camera refinements and the voice command BT fixed) but for a multi-function device it is just the best I have had.

Guest aleis

its impossible for me to be bored...

cause its new stuff coming out all the time!

SPB 3.0 is coming, for us verizon folks gps (we hope) is coming!

plus this phone with the power behind it can take almost every program that comes out and is coming out!

your bored cause to be honest you just want an iphone :(

just do it!

and stop killing our dream mellow! B)

Guest sid0101
heck no i am always trying something new out or adding games themes skins apps etc oh and make calls text play music have had it about 4 month

im enjoying using gps with my omnia, listening to music and surfing using wifi, battery is not that but though, well i really love my omnia.

In my case it's just the contrary of what you say: everyday i discover some new apps for my Omnia and the customization is amazing! What you saybe maybe could be correct, if a person is unexperienced and not able to use computers, will get soon bored of this smartphone because it will use with the default settings/apps. With the new ROMS is getting better and better, long time will pass from my next upgrade :( W OMNIA !

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What they said

w00t

Guest dwallersv
i didnt read anythink of the above

but i have 4 months the omnia

and even with custome roms

i want to buy the HD

Nothing wrong with that. Buy one, and go participate in Touch HD forums.

Please do not come over here and waste our time telling us how you don't like your Omnia anymore. Listen carefully: WE DON'T CARE.

Guest jamesjames_
i didnt read anythink of the above

but i have 4 months the omnia

and even with custome roms

i want to buy the HD

Why? You need less storage memory, erm excuse me, you don't need integrated memory at all? You don't need good camera with nice video recording? You don't need perfect video player and excellent audio performance? Ok then, buy the HD. It's good device of course but it's far from Omnia capabilities. The problem is HTC can't create devices for multimedia. They are making nice PDAs but just that. Nothing more.

But with Omnia you get really nice camera (far more better - flash, VGA video, many options), much more storage memory(always +16GB more than HD), much better audio/video playing (thanks to faster CPU, integrated Touch Player and DivX/XviD certification) and better battery life, let alone TV Out viewer and faster GPS. I'd never buy HD just for the interface and a bit bigger display.

Guest 95SKY

i don't see how anyone could get bored with this awsome phone it has everything you could ever want, Play full dvd's, customise anything to the max there is something new to do to your device daily spending hours on hours adding applications. :( i dont think there would be many phones out there atm to do more possible things? is there?

Guest iclickjohn

Everywhere I go with my Omnia I whip out a little "barcode reader" scan and wow.

whip out a little "Live Search" let's eat there. wow

maps, mp3. manilla 2d, twitter app, facebook app, qik, KinomaPlay, video, pictures, ahhhhhhhhhh. I'm in LOVVVVVVVE!

Everyone I show it to says, "I'm getting one of THOSE!" and funny thing that amazes me. the next couple days they show me their cool new Omnia.

But they want me to tweek it for them, so that sucks. I've got a CD with all the apps on it so I just frisbee it to them.

boring. yeah. you probably want it to have a hand. OH hey, that WOULD be nice. anywhere to hack a hand onto it?

Guest icchan

daskalos, think iGo can enter the GPS list? *pounders* will that make the list complete?

reminds me of the joke, how can a woman make a guy, a millioner? he once was a Billioner.

Edited by icchan

• 1 month later...
Guest i910crazy
I am still shaking my head at all the stuff crammed into this thing that do work. OCR for heaven sake. Seemless panaramic photos? 5M Pixel camera. This thing is a marvel of engineering. ... S.

Yep. Exactly so. But phone ownership is highly subjective, so I don't get put out by people's adverse reactions. For years I was enjoying my xv6700 while providing tech support for many people complaining about about what a hunk of junk their xv6700 was. In nearly 3 years, I had the device replaced once by insurance because my first one was stolen. Both were very stable and provided me with nary a problem other than the typical maintenance needs of a person who aggressively tinkers under the hood ... and the second insurance replacement device was a refurb! But I kept talking to these people who were describing all the problems they were having with that same handset.

Now I have the i910, and about 5 months after the device launch there is still no official sofware update released for the device ... and there isn't a crying need to have one. Yes, there are improvements that I'm looking forward to when an update is released, but the device is stable, does a ton of things amazingly well and has been reviewed in multiple online publications as having the best phone/voice/reception performance in comparison to other recent comparable devices (ie. iPhone, HTC Touch Diamond, ect...). This while I watched another recent "BIG" handset require an emergency software update pushed out within weeks of the launch just to make the operation of the device tolerable!

The Omnia is highly customizable (I'm running the Animated Today theme program so I have an aquarium background on my today screen with animated swimming fish!), can take up to a 32 GB removable Micro SD card and has a removable/replaceable battery (Ha! Second generation iPhone users still can't get a battery replaced without sending it back to the factory!). I think the only way I would get bored with this device is if I just stopped using my imagination to think of new things I'd like to do with it.

Guest ghost82
Not sure what you are implying. Keep in mind that these forums are not representative of the customer base at large. Most Omnia users will never touch this forum or any other well known forum. They are not techies and will probably just use the Omnia Widget screen or Today 1 or 2 screens and never go past the Main Menu page and you know what? That's perfectly fine! You can have a very nice, usable phone experience limiting yourself to the Widget Screen and the Main Menu and never going beyond that.

Devin

Yes you are right, most Omnia user's will never touch this forum or others like it, but this is a real shame as I got my Omnia in launch week here in the UK, and it was so buggy I hated it. After a few weeks I came on here and found some new official firmware. Since then it has got better with time.

To answer the title question, yes I was getting very bored with my omnia and SPB shell, but I now have win mo 6.5 and it has given my phone a fresh breath of life

Guest Fabione72

Well, I see no alternative to Omnia at the moment, especially for those who make large use of GPS with navigators AND geo-referenced AND raster image programs... (i.e. GIS-Russa, oziexplorer...).

tried iPhone, good to play, very responsive touch device (good operating system). Many programs available, but very very few compared with windows device. that's all I can say. Completely useless for my day-2-day use, replaced immediately.

iPhone's A-GPS is just a poor alternative to GPS (studied to be ADDED to GPS, and not to REPLACE GPS, in very dense building areas) may be usefull in SOME very-urbanized areas only. example: where I live A-GPS have a precision-area of 5Km vs 3m with GPS...

GPS alternatives? No way to buy pocket-PC with integrated GPS no more (i.e. Asus a636, all out of market).

GPS navigators? they works ONLY as navigators, usefull for some drivers, useless in same world area (i.e. I went in iceland last summer: no maps there. only chance: geo-recerenciate map images).

The screen of other mobile phone with GPS it too tiny (also the omnia one is near the limit, in my opinion...)

What I can say more? I'm really not a windows fan, but I see no alternatives at the moment, unless you want a device dedicated to play with reactive games, phone and chat, in this case Omnia is probably not your best phone.

There are also things I do not like with Omnia but, as I said, I see no aòternatoves:

- Qualcomm GPS chipset. SirfIII is really really better.

- Bluetooth earphones button not configurable (?!?!)

- FM radio needs external cable as antenna, making difficult to extract TMC data from radio RDS while driving with car power supply pluggerd-in.

My 2 cents.

Guest willyg44

Honestly I think any "techie" gets tired of gadgets quicker than the average population. If I could, I'd switch phones every 6 months or so, but that's not practical.

And I think it's a good point whoever made it that THIS FORUM and all the hacks and such make the Omnia more than awesome. If most users just use it stock with no hacks or software, it's just a little better than the average smartphone. With this forum and all its resources its freakin awesome =P

Edited by willyg44

Guest theidoctor.org
Honestly I think any "techie" gets tired of gadgets quicker than the average population. If I could, I'd switch phones every 6 months or so, but that's not practical.

And I think it's a good point whoever made it that THIS FORUM and all the hacks and such make the Omnia more than awesome. If most users just use it stock with no hacks or software, it's just a little better than the average smartphone. With this forum and all its resources its freakin awesome =P

i agree with you on that! since i have gotten the omnia and gotten rid of it, i have been on this forum almost everyday, and its the same now with the BB Storm i have lol....

there is so much you can do to just make it "Better"

Guest Golden_spartan

WOW I dont get tired of my phone. As long as they keep coming out with new layouts, spb, winterface, etc and now 6.5 im good to go.

My fiance just got the voyager yesterday, man I REALLY got bored with that phone in under 15 mins. :D

I can never own a "dumb" phone ever again!!!!

Guest LuckyTan

Agree. So many things able to do to make Omnia more awesome... :D

Guest netsurfz

Haha, I think I know what you imply. But for me, Omnia is classic. And you cannot get bored of Classics!

Almost a year now. And I still do love my phone!!!

• 4 months later...
Guest macoolit

my wife asked me this question yesterday, "are you not yet bored with your phone?" lol!!! im not sure what to say, but hey, im just new to this toy, so my answer was NO. well, not yet... hehehehe