Any improvement on Touch player?

Guest ryuko2002

Guest ryuko2002

Hi,

I have a omnia with the previous singapour rom. I got the omnia to use it as a mp3 player too and uploaded 8GB of music (with all metadata: genre, album, artist, covers, etc).

The problem is that it's imposible to browse using touch player. When you have thousands of songs or hundreds of artist getting to the ones at the end it's imposible. You may have to scroll with your finger too many times to get to the bottom and if you accidentally hit one artist, then go back you have to start all over from the top. Browsing albums is even slower as you cannot browse as text instead of images+text.

Is it that hard to have an "abc line" like in the contacts or a "letter scroll" like in programs??

Does anyone know an email address so I can send Samsung some suggestions? I don't think they'll do much though but it's the least I can do.

• 2 months later...
Guest Lucavi

The built in MP3 player on the Omnia really blows @$$. My roomate's $60 Samsung mp3 player is waaayyy more intuitive. I've had the Omnia since like day 1 and still can't use it to my liking, mostly for the problem you described.

Another gripe I have is i can't figure out how to add an entire album to a playlist. Ug.

S2P is a pretty neat free player. But it works best when you have your music in a Artist->Album->Track hierarchy.

What program do you use to input Metadata? Winamp's way of adding album art doesn't mesh with the Omnia.

Guest Michael122w
S2P is a pretty neat free player. But it works best when you have your music in a Artist->Album->Track hierarchy.

What program do you use to input Metadata? Winamp's way of adding album art doesn't mesh with the Omnia.

I use MediaMonkey (freeware) for album art and tagging. It even allows you to organise your albume in the Artist-Album-Track hierarchy with a simple click of a button (OK - a few clicks and settings - but not too difficult).

Michael