Grab the best Omnia Wallpapers

Guest Mike713

Guest d1mitrov

how can i set both my portrait and my landscape wallpaper so it fits good in both...right now whatever picture i use will only look ok in one mode and not the other...some1 told me i can use resco picture viewer to set it up but i cant seem to do it right. any suggestions?

Guest Skyline987
how can i set both my portrait and my landscape wallpaper so it fits good in both...right now whatever picture i use will only look ok in one mode and not the other...some1 told me i can use resco picture viewer to set it up but i cant seem to do it right. any suggestions?

The easiest way is to use images that are 400 x 400. From File Explorer find the file you want to use and bring up the context menu. There should be an option to set it as the today background. Using this method it will crop the edges of the picture in either direction and use the center 240 pixels.

post-236278-1234762564_thumb.jpg

post-236278-1234762575_thumb.jpg

post-236278-1234762586_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skyline987

Guest travelbug
Heres a couple i cropped and converted for spb shell skins (bmp 16 bit)

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=28683index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=28682

StarP.bmp StarL.bmp

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=28685index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=28684

RedLatticeP.bmp RedLatticeL.bmp

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=28681index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=28680

SpeedP.bmp SpeedL.bmp

hi how can i use this with spb mobile shell

i use imarches skins and i downloaded his backgrpund generator wasn able to work though.

maybe i installed the bg generator wrong. could you give me a summary n how u did it?

thanks

Guest Skyline987
hi how can i use this with spb mobile shell

i use imarches skins and i downloaded his backgrpund generator wasn able to work though.

maybe i installed the bg generator wrong. could you give me a summary n how u did it?

thanks

Sure.

iMarche ChangeSkin Installation with Background Generator.

1. Download both Release 3.1.1 WQVGA (240x400-Omnia) version (Multilanguage) and Skin Background Generator WQVGA (240x400-Omnia)
  2. Unzip the first download to your PC and transfer the folder called SpbMobileShellSkins to your 'My Storage' on your Omnia. This will take a minute there's alot of files.
  3. After the transfer is complete use the File Explorer on your phone to navigate to 'My Storage'. Open the SpbMobileShellSkins folder and then go into the scripts folder.
  4. Find the file called MortScript.exe and run it.
  5. Next run the file Install_WQVGA.mscr, select your language and answer 'Yes' to install all the skins
  6. Soft Reset your Omnia
  7. Unzip the second download to your PC. Notice this zip also contains a folder called SpbMobileShellSkins. This folder simply has to be merged with the existing SpbMobileShellSkins folder on your device, so transfer it to your 'My Storage' on your Omnia.
  8. To add a new background just use File Explorer to goto My Storage\SpbMobileShellSkins\scripts and run the file NewBackground.mscr. It will prompt you and ask for the background type (Kyro (Dark) or Luna (Light)), The name you would like to call the background, The location of the 240x400 file for portrait mode and the location of the 400x240 file for landscape mode.
  9. If you want to remove a background you installed just run RemoveBackground.mscr from the scripts folder
John

Guest travelbug
Sure.

iMarche ChangeSkin Installation with Background Generator.

1. Download both Release 3.1.1 WQVGA (240x400-Omnia) version (Multilanguage) and Skin Background Generator WQVGA (240x400-Omnia)
  2. Unzip the first download to your PC and transfer the folder called SpbMobileShellSkins to your 'My Storage' on your Omnia. This will take a minute there's alot of files.
  3. After the transfer is complete use the File Explorer on your phone to navigate to 'My Storage'. Open the SpbMobileShellSkins folder and then go into the scripts folder.
  4. Find the file called MortScript.exe and run it.
  5. Next run the file Install_WQVGA.mscr, select your language and answer 'Yes' to install all the skins
  6. Soft Reset your Omnia
  7. Unzip the second download to your PC. Notice this zip also contains a folder called SpbMobileShellSkins. This folder simply has to be merged with the existing SpbMobileShellSkins folder on your device, so transfer it to your 'My Storage' on your Omnia.
  8. To add a new background just use File Explorer to goto My Storage\SpbMobileShellSkins\scripts and run the file NewBackground.mscr. It will prompt you and ask for the background type (Kyro (Dark) or Luna (Light)), The name you would like to call the background, The location of the 240x400 file for portrait mode and the location of the 400x240 file for landscape mode.
  9. If you want to remove a background you installed just run RemoveBackground.mscr from the scripts folder
John

thanks bro got it working

so many great portrait pics its just such a pain converting them to landscape

and sometimes when i do the results arent great

how do you do yours?

Guest Skyline987
thanks bro got it working

so many great portrait pics its just such a pain converting them to landscape

and sometimes when i do the results arent great

how do you do yours?

I use one of 2 ways. Either i just use a background that has a single color as the background and use photoshop to change the canvas size and use the fill tool to match the background or i use a background with a higher resolution like 640x480 and crop out a 240x400 section and a 400x240 section.

Guest travelbug
I use one of 2 ways. Either i just use a background that has a single color as the background and use photoshop to change the canvas size and use the fill tool to match the background or i use a background with a higher resolution like 640x480 and crop out a 240x400 section and a 400x240 section.

yeah thats how i would do it.

where do u get your high res images?

i found some ok ones in deviant art. check it out too

Guest gheorghe vasile

there is a wallpaper changer for manila2d like for spb? i want to change every day the wallpaper but how do i do'it? know somebody a program or similar settings????

Edited by gheorghe vasile

Guest d1mitrov
The easiest way is to use images that are 400 x 400. From File Explorer find the file you want to use and bring up the context menu. There should be an option to set it as the today background. Using this method it will crop the edges of the picture in either direction and use the center 240 pixels.

post-236278-1234762564_thumb.jpg

post-236278-1234762575_thumb.jpg

post-236278-1234762586_thumb.jpg

hey skyline this is what i was told

"Hey....if you're using Imarche theme for SPB you will need to also download the Imarche bacground Generator from this site. If you just want to use it for the Samsung regular background download Resco Photo Viewer Pro...you open the portrait image then click "action" then "save" then "use as home screen". Then you simply open the landscape pic..turn the phone in landscape mode then repeat... then you will get 2 different pics for portrait and landscape"

is that possible? because when i save the portrait for example, its good, but then i turn the phone sideways, open the landscape pic, save it but then when i go to my home screen, portrait would be messed up or the other way around. The person who told me this said he is able to do it. I cant seem to figure it out lol

Guest Skyline987
hey skyline this is what i was told

"Hey....if you're using Imarche theme for SPB you will need to also download the Imarche bacground Generator from this site. If you just want to use it for the Samsung regular background download Resco Photo Viewer Pro...you open the portrait image then click "action" then "save" then "use as home screen". Then you simply open the landscape pic..turn the phone in landscape mode then repeat... then you will get 2 different pics for portrait and landscape"

is that possible? because when i save the portrait for example, its good, but then i turn the phone sideways, open the landscape pic, save it but then when i go to my home screen, portrait would be messed up or the other way around. The person who told me this said he is able to do it. I cant seem to figure it out lol

I just tried this out with the demo of Resco Photo Viewer and it worked for me.

Awesome find! Thanks!

Guest d1mitrov

ok i figured it out...i was using an older version of resco lol

anyways, now i have another problem, i convert an image to 240x400 bmp format with photoshop however when i go to set it as background on SPB it still says convert image to the right format...which is weird because it only lets you choose from the files that are in that format to begin with. any suggestions?

Guest Skyline987
ok i figured it out...i was using an older version of resco lol

anyways, now i have another problem, i convert an image to 240x400 bmp format with photoshop however when i go to set it as background on SPB it still says convert image to the right format...which is weird because it only lets you choose from the files that are in that format to begin with. any suggestions?

Follow the directions here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=6...mp;postcount=21 I tried to get it to work with photoshop for like an hour and finally i found that. Works like a charm.

Guest d1mitrov

never thought something as simple as wallpaper could require so much time...downloading programs, converting, saving, cropping blah blah blah....jeez

thank you tho i finally managed to do it the right way...