SOLD OUT: HTC Touch Dual - only £99.99 NEW!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
dualbargain-20090108-143600.png
All gone i'm afraid!

MoDaCo partners devicewire.com are offering the lovely HTC Touch Dual - one of my favourite HTC devices of all time thanks to it's keypad and still Mrs MoDaCo's phone of choice - for only £99.99 brand new!

Stock is in short supply, so if you want one you'll need to jump in quick over at the Touch Dual page!

:rolleyes:

For a limited period, devicewirecom are also offering For a limited period we are offering FREE delivery on all Official HTC Car Kits (see the generic kit, Diamond kit, Touch Pro kit or the TYTN II kit for more deets).

P

PS Tip: buy the generic kit with the Dual to get free delivery on the lot..

Guest GraviticVortex

Hmm... They got weird way of doing business. There is no human (simple) way for ordering from outside UK, plus international delivery charges are insane...

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Hmm... They got weird way of doing business. There is no human (simple) way for ordering from outside UK, plus international delivery charges are insane...

I mean no disrespect, but if I sold mobile phones I wouldn't make it simple for people from Estonia etc to buy them without my being able to do thorough checking to detect fraud.

http://www.baltlantis.com/?id=27814

"Estonia has also received international recognition as a hotbed for bank fraud through the role of Estonians in major scams abroad. Earlier this year the U.S. and the U.K. witnessed the biggest credit card fraud operations in their respective histories; both were IT based attacks and both involved Estonians."

Not that I am suggesting that is what you would do, however your countrymens actions quite rightly make retailers more alert.

For UK delivery, the cheap royalmail special delivery will suffice as it is insured upto £500. For international they will have to use DHL or UPS which is a lot more expensive.

Perhaps email them for help?

M.S

Guest GraviticVortex

Im sure that there are a lot more scammers in UK than in Estonia, dont believe everything you read. But thats beside the point.

Its just weird how Expansys, Amazon UK and others have good and simple way of placing international orders. And as for delivery rates, Exapansys delivery rates to anywhere in mainland Europe are about 4 times cheaper than those of Devicewires. Go figure...

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Im sure that there are a lot more scammers in UK than in Estonia, dont believe everything you read. But thats beside the point.

Possibly. However, if the perpetrators are within the UK, detection and prosecution is fairly straightforward - UK card providors for example do not usually allow delivery to other than the cardholder address, postal diversions require ID, deliveries require signatures etc and it's easy to look up a number and make a phonecall to confirm the cardholder did actually order an item as there is no language barrier. With a 'cardholder not present' transaction it is easier to spot an issue ( such as incorrect address formatting) for an address / name style that you are used to dealing with and the risks outweigh the benefit / potential sales to start processing orders 'easily'.

If you offered iban transfer perhaps their attitude might change?

M.S

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.