Sign in to follow this  
Cyber2Fun

[NOOB: PLEASE HELP] Omnia Vodaphone UK (i900V) ROM update

I just got my Omnia (i900V the white one) on vodaphone UK (contract).

My Version is

PDA: i900XXHHD/ACHH3

PHONE: i900BUHH2

I have read here that DZHK3 is the best official firmware for omnia, however it is an official update for PHILIPPINES, can I install/update it for my omnia (i900V not i900 - UK)?

I have checked on the official samsung site, the official update for me is i900ACHJ2.

What would you recommend me to do? thanks.

PS: I am really new here / on omnia. I got my phone literally just hours ago. :rolleyes: PLEASE HELP?

I just got my Omnia (i900V the white one) on vodaphone UK (contract).

My Version is

PDA: i900XXHHD/ACHH3

PHONE: i900BUHH2

I have read here that DZHK3 is the best official firmware for omnia, however it is an official update for PHILIPPINES, can I install/update it for my omnia (i900V not i900 - UK)?

I have checked on the official samsung site, the official update for me is i900ACHJ2.

What would you recommend me to do? thanks.

PS: I am really new here / on omnia. I got my phone literally just hours ago. :rolleyes: PLEASE HELP?

or do what ive done here http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...-branded-omnia/ and end up with a much better unbranded phone and all it took was a simple registry change :)

hi all from a noob first of all, :D

I have a had a fair go at looking thorugh various pages on here before asking questions , i have the dreadded omnia i900v , like i said i looked up for info, downloaded the active sync and latest firmware to flash my phone, did as the samsung page told me to ( they omit telling you to turn phone off and on again in order to get it to activate the whole process but hey ... ) did the update routine and i thought it was a success. Until i turned it on and the bloody vodafone logo sprouts up on start up. Grrr. My Phone was an ACHH3 and it had been upgraded to ACHJ2, i even hard reset before upload as advised and hard reset after installation. Its still vofafone smeered :D ;)

What can i do ? I did hard rest btw by doing it through system, is that a problem ?

Go easy im just learning all this stuff bout Wm phones !

Hey

I have a Voda I900 - the best thing i did was to debrand the phone. flash to DXAI5 .

Once you do that get into the custom ROM's and it will be like having a new phone. More responsive, slicker, quicker.

You wont look back!

But remember you will void your warranty (although if something goes wrong you can flash back to official rom) and make sure you use XP!!

thanks but that doesnt really help me does it, apart from rub my nose in it :D I want to get to that stage but dont know how because the update did not wash the orrible' vodafone crud away...

Tried to do the resco file registry swap but got stuck there cos the instruction i tried to follow from someone on here didnt really make sense to me- seemed bit unordered? got as far as installing resco explorer and found the version regsistry file but unsure what to do after because it says once you click on it file it automatically should install the other file ? Please help, i want to be free of the vodafone noose

I have an Omnia i-900v on Vodafone UK. Updating firmware was an absolutely painless process, I'm currently using Sectors Windows Mobile 6.5 rom. Great stuff.

First you'll want the latest and greatest official firmware DXID1...

Original Post: http://www.modaco.com/content-page/272126/...0/#entry1005873

Mirrors list at: http://bongstersomnia.blogspot.com/search/label/Firmware

Follow these instructions to the letter to install it on your phone:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...00-omnia-phone/

Edited by random_man

will i be able to use the dxid1 rom firmware?? only because i just updated mine a couple of days ago and when i typed in my original firmware rom of achh3 it gave me the update file of achj2. I had no trouble doing the update process but even after the firmaware update it still reboots with sodding vodafone :D

When it boots for the first time after update it actually boots up and shows the samsung startup animation and goes to screen alignment but after bout ten secs after that happening the phone shuts off and reboots for the 2nd time and then comes the vodafone gremilin animation instead ;) .

The only thing which i have done differently is that when i downloaded the firmware samsung only showed me two things to download- the active sync prog and the latest firmware patch. I've read on here that it says to download the samsung modem driver too, why did it not tell me to do this on the samsung webpage? Or has it been modified since and it automatically has the modem driver on one of the two progs i downloaded?? Help this lost noob pls and put me out my misery ! :D

The latest UK voda-rom is ACHJ2 - and its waaaay out of date.

Just install the active sync and download the ROM from this site, not samsung, - its also an official but not released on Voda.

Oh make sure you download the samsung modem drivers before updating your rom too!

good luck!!

Edited by cd78

ok thanks so far all, got one ickle question left though, i take it i need to download part 1 to 3 of the items in the link?

yep download all 3 into a folder then double click the 1st part when updating. It will automatically extract the other parts then i think!

Finally!!! i have a de-guffed omnia !!! HURAAAH! Thank you everyone who has put their ten cents in and steered me in the general direction. I cant believe how much that sodding company had taken off the phone!

Once again i cant thankyou guys enough for your help , even to a rom updater virgin like me - I know how some forums can be a bit cliquey to a nooby, I had trouble yrs ago when i joined a saab forum. I Also bet i frustrated a few on here with my lack of understanding ( so sorry ! ) but i read so much about how u can cook ur phones and didnt want to risk anything unless it sounded clear to me.

One happy bunny :D