Taskbar makeover

Guest grigoris_a

Guest grigoris_a
I can't put the package in the ROM look the image

This package is from your TaskbarV1 but I edited some icons and i want to install it on my omnia but i dont know how to make a .cab file. If you know a way to cook this package in the ROM tell me.

Well if you want to include in ROM simply replace the ROM files that cab contains with the files of the cab.Then edit initflashfiles(entry HKLM/Security/Bitmaps/Resover) with the values of the cabs reg entries.And don't forget to include sdk certificates.

Edited by grigoris_a

Guest punkwhan
I have modified the icons of the taskbar and settings,folders.

You can download HERE

Install SDKCERTS.CAB FIRST from here

pass:grigoris_a

Hope you like it! :)

Included in the cab is the black theme.

pccapture1dm7.th.jpg

pccapture2di7.th.jpg

pccapture3tl3.th.jpg

Hi,

I'm not so familiar with the procedure to install yours.

Sorry just started learning about this phone.

I have VZ i910.

Will your change work on VZ i910?

Are there any prerequisite to installing your change?

Is your change going to affect the original ROM?

I'm so ignorant here.

How about installing it?

Do I just run SDKCERTS.CAB from any directory where taskbarv1 is?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Guest bruno.alencar
Well if you want to include in ROM simply replace the ROM files that cab contains with the files of the cab.Then edit initflashfiles(entry HKLM/Security/Bitmaps/Resover) with the values of the cabs reg entries.And don't forget to include sdk certificates.

Where I have to put the sdk certificates ?

Guest kidfurydererste

hello everybody,

nice work but the picture for a new mms is the same as before i install the v2. can it be fixed? for example with the same sign when a new sms arrived?

Guest grigoris_a
I packaged it to a cab but it didn't install (sdkcert was installed)...

here it is, but I guess it won't work anywhere, don't know why :-/

Did you sign the files before making the cab?

Edited by grigoris_a

hi grigoris_a i have been trying to edit the shell.96 file to replace the loading icon and start icon but whenever i do put new images in and place the new file in windows, all the icons for every item on the phone get mixed up. I thought that it might be the programs i am using, i have tried exescope and xn resource editor. What program do you use?

thanks

Guest grigoris_a
hi grigoris_a i have been trying to edit the shell.96 file to replace the loading icon and start icon but whenever i do put new images in and place the new file in windows, all the icons for every item on the phone get mixed up. I thought that it might be the programs i am using, i have tried exescope and xn resource editor. What program do you use?

thanks

What do u mean they get mixed up?I use reshacker

Guest grigoris_a
no, never done that before, I need the sdk installed right ?

The general procedure is this.

Original file(dll,exe..)----->unsign----->edit with resource editor------>sign the file(using sdk certificate)------>install in phone

But because the rom does not include sdk certificate that's why we install sdkcerts.cab.It installs the certificate to the phone.The steps above are very important.If you don't unsign the file and edit it the probably you will mess things up.

There are many guides at XDA and i believe here also.

Guest zabique32

Hi Grigoris good job!

Could you enable 1% or at least 5% battery stepping.

ps. Vista Start button and 3G icon looks really crappy on black background, any replacement possible?

Edited by zabique32

Hi,

This mite sound silly, But after i install the SDKCERTS.CAB file how do i go about installing the other file?

I cant get it to work??? :)

Thanks in advance

The general procedure is this.

Original file(dll,exe..)----->unsign----->edit with resource editor------>sign the file(using sdk certificate)------>install in phone

But because the rom does not include sdk certificate that's why we install sdkcerts.cab.It installs the certificate to the phone.The steps above are very important.If you don't unsign the file and edit it the probably you will mess things up.

There are many guides at XDA and i believe here also.

hi i did all this(unsigned-edited-signed) and after replacing the file i end up with all items (including unedited) mixed up like this:

iconmesspy3.th.jpg

Edited by djtosh

Guest grigoris_a
hi i did all this(unsigned-edited-signed) and after replacing the file i end up with all items (including unedited) mixed up like this:

iconmesspy3.th.jpg

Did you install sdkcerts.can in phone?

iconmesspy3.th.jpg

Look if you don't have the *.dll in My Documents ...

Can some one please explain how i go about installing these taskbar icons? I have installed the sdk file. It wont let me install the Taskbar file? Am i doing something wrong? do i have to extract the files and copy them to the windows folder on my omnia?

Thanks in advance

Guest Peter Niklas
Pass is reported in the first post.Its grigoris_a

Hi, I've downloaded and installed everything, but I can't somehow get the black theme going. What am I missing (relatively new owner of Omnia).