Taskbar makeover

Guest grigoris_a

Guest dwallersv
I wish I could get this to work on my i910, every time I install, all my icons disappear except for the battery and time and nothing else changes. My icons on the taskbar did not change, and I get the signal strength bar but it is blinking, like its trying to refresh. I must have some program conflict, does this work with the D3D Omnia driver?

No help (sorry) other than to share that this worked flawlessly on my 910.

thank you for your hard work grigoris_a!

love the new taskbar!

can we get this taskbar working on our omnia to?

found it on http://mylostblog.altervista.org/

if helps here are the cab files.

this taskbar is designed to work on the HTC devices mainly, i think it can work on the omnia but u will have icon resolution (size) problem with it, i think.

secondly the bluetooth icon will not appear since it never does in our omnia even when bluetooth is activated or connected :( . the speaker,battery and reception icons may work, concerning the wifi i`m not sure. but u can always give it a try and uninstall if there is a problem.

i have made my own custom taskbar and it is actually not that difficult just time consuming with all the extracting, unsigning and resigning of the files, editing, resizing the icons and packing all of it in a cab.

i can try to make such a taskbar for the omnia but i do not have the icons found in this cab, and i will need the original icons, (ie *.ico or *.png) files.

i have been looking on the web for these icons but couldnt get the nice ones, like for the wifi.

actually found a site and tried to download but always it gave me a corrupted file, so i got tired of it and i am using my own old custom taskbar atm.

Guest SHAHIN-DASH
thank you for your hard work grigoris_a!

love the new taskbar!

can we get this taskbar working on our omnia to?

found it on http://mylostblog.altervista.org/

if helps here are the cab files.

Hi dear stylus1828

I tested it but some icons like battery status not appear properly

I think this is all of us problem because of the non-standard Omnia Resolution

thanks anyway

Guest iNicc0lo

i know giuliana :(

this task bar is only for vga display.. and that task bar is fot HTC HD..

you can't set it in the omnia.. you have to change all che icon and resive all.. B)

Guest jorng

I have modified the icons of the taskbar and settings,folders.

You can download HERE

Install SDKCERTS.CAB FIRST from here

pass:grigoris_a

Hope you like it! B)

Included in the cab is the black theme.

pccapture1dm7.th.jpg

pccapture2di7.th.jpg

pccapture3tl3.th.jpg

hello, great icons, but where or how do i get that startmenu icon and howto change it?

Guest davidmrrr

i was searching so hard last nite for something exactly like this. awesome work.

do you think theres a way to make it do some of the things rinkus iconbar can do for other devices?

like maybe display weather?

how to uninstall it ?

just like you would uninstall any regular program, go to start-settings-system- remove programs and u will se the taskbar in teh list. click on it and select uninstall

and how can i edit the vista pearl?

what do u mean vista pearl? the start icon?

if u are looking for that u will need several programs 1. to extract the dlls, 2. unsign them , 3. use reshacker to edit the files, will need 4. a program to resize the proper icons and create the *.ico file. then with reshacker edit the dlls ,replace the icons. 5. sign the dlls and reimport them to the installation cab.

Guest justpratik

You can download HERE

Hope you like it! B)

pccapture1dm7.th.jpg

pccapture2di7.th.jpg

pccapture3tl3.th.jpg

EXCELLENT EXCELLENT NO OTHER WORD FOR THIS

Guest ciscokidinsf

Sorry guys, not a noob but a bit baffled:

I did install the cert program first, then grigoris cab

1) Where do I access the SETTINGS for the bar?

2) Mine does NOT display the battery

3) I installed to 'My storage' but the program cannot be found under Programs. Where does it go?

4) Does it have to go on the device? Not my storage?

Can't find it to un-install

I have the VZi910, S2U2 and thememanager

Edited by ciscokidinsf

Guest Lancez
Sorry guys, not a noob but a bit baffled:

I did install the cert program first, then grigoris cab

1) Where do I access the SETTINGS for the bar?

2) Mine does NOT display the battery

3) I installed to 'My storage' but the program cannot be found under Programs. Where does it go?

4) Does it have to go on the device? Not my storage?

Can't find it to un-install

I have the VZi910, S2U2 and thememanager

shoul've installed in my device instead my storage. to remove go to setting-system-remove program then soft reset. hope u'll straight it out

Guest ciscokidinsf
shoul've installed in my device instead my storage. to remove go to setting-system-remove program then soft reset. hope u'll straight it out

Nope, did that. Now I do see it as an installed program, but the battery icon appears at start-up on the bar, then it goes away. The windows Icon now is the office one, and the menu icons have changed. But the upper bar is almost the same except for the signal strength.

I have Wisbar advance desktop. Maybe that is the problem?

Nope, did that. Now I do see it as an installed program, but the battery icon appears at start-up on the bar, then it goes away. The windows Icon now is the office one, and the menu icons have changed. But the upper bar is almost the same except for the signal strength.

I have Wisbar advance desktop. Maybe that is the problem?

i think that this is the trouble u are having, that u have wisbar advance installed.

maybe it is causing some conflict to the files.most people that tried this taskbar dont have any other today screen apps running or installed i think. or maybe the taskbar should be installed first then on top the wisbar.

give it a try by removing wisbar then installing the taskbar then reinstalling the wisbar on top.

let us know if it solved the problems.

Edited by kav

Guest s92019

You can download HERE

Hope you like it! B)

pccapture1dm7.th.jpg

pccapture2di7.th.jpg

pccapture3tl3.th.jpg

thanks nice work

Guest grigoris_a

I just want to say this.Our screen resolution is not very good(like Diamond,HD,Xperia)

So all the icons you see in the other packs in pictures are far away from acceptable.Only a few will look nice in our screen resolution.

I just want to say this.Our screen resolution is not very good(like Diamond,HD,Xperia)

So all the icons you see in the other packs in pictures are far away from acceptable.Only a few will look nice in our screen resolution.

hi grigoris_a , i made a new thread to collect resources for people to make apps like the taskbar u made to look better than it actually is.

i know the resolution is not the best, but we can make it look nicer than those other devices with some work on the graphics.