Guest qbus

Guest LuckyTan
Honestly? Yes.

It has:

- better screen (it is very responsive, and resolution is amazing),

- better software (TouchFlo 3D 2.1)

- it is REALLY charging over USB (and uses standard mini usb),

- has more RAM&ROM

- it has place for stylus (and sensor which detects if stylus is pulled out)

Of course there are also some thing which are better in Omnia:

- touch pad (I wasn't aware that I got used to it so much)

- end call button is waking up phone

- Omnia's battery lasts for longer

- Omnia's camera is better (and has flash)

But my overall feeling is that HTC is experienced Windows Mobile devices manufacturer while Samsung is learning how to do that ;) .

Hi Qbus,

How's your Diamond2? Are you flashing it to any custom ROM? If so, which one? Thank u very much. :D

Edited by LuckyTan

Thats great im happy for you you have done wonders in the Omnia community...its thanks to your rom that ive settled for a reliable daily rom error free ;) with great performance,

One question about the Diamond 2 and videoplayback quality, its my main thing if its does a good job.

can you try running these encoded settings as the Omnia plays this silky smooth with your rom.

H264

2500bitrate

@30fps

ACC 160kbps 48000

Thanks

Sorry I didn't notice this message before. Haven't tried (I don't watch movies on PDA :D) but I will check that in a free time.

Hi Qbus,

How's your Diamond2? Are you flashing it to any custom ROM? If so, which one? Thank u very much. ;)

Yes, I flashed it to Custom ROM two days after I bought it. I'm using TESS (currently 1.5) based on Windows Mobile 6.1.

The same situation as with Omnia. 6.5 is terribly slow (even though there are Diamond2 dedicated build available).

I'm thinking of cooking my own rom, becouse I have some ideas what I would like to have :D.

Guest tention

I just flashed to QB07M just now and it works like charm when it first start. However after a few restart or after i install some application into it, it will shows "A problem has occurred with Manila2D.exe". Anyone facing this problem?

I tried disabling the MessagingWidget and the problem has been fixed. My sim card carries some sms that I dont want to delete, is it because of that?

EDIT: After deleting those sim card sms the problem did not appears anymore.

Edited by tention

Guest LuckyTan
Yes, I flashed it to Custom ROM two days after I bought it. I'm using TESS (currently 1.5) based on Windows Mobile 6.1.

The same situation as with Omnia. 6.5 is terribly slow (even though there are Diamond2 dedicated build available).

I'm thinking of cooking my own rom, becouse I have some ideas what I would like to have :D .

I see. Thank you very much for your reply, QBus. I am thinking of whether to go for OmniaII or Diamond2 in near future... ;)

• 2 months later...
Guest rimvydukas

Hi,

I've updated to version and I've noticed that phone startup sound is gone after update. Update went without anu errors. When I try to shutdown my phone - there is no shutdown sound too. I can hear only some kind of click in both cases. So I wanted to know - is it normal and expected behaviour? Thanks.

Guest gecata
Hi,

I've updated to version and I've noticed that phone startup sound is gone after update. Update went without anu errors. When I try to shutdown my phone - there is no shutdown sound too. I can hear only some kind of click in both cases. So I wanted to know - is it normal and expected behaviour? Thanks.

I'm using this rom for couple ot time. Startup and shutdown tones are modified. Its not a problem. If You want to restore these sounds, jus google and will find solution. It's a very stable and fast rom i ever tried.

Guest rimvydukas
I'm using this rom for couple ot time. Startup and shutdown tones are modified. Its not a problem. If You want to restore these sounds, jus google and will find solution. It's a very stable and fast rom i ever tried.

Yes, I love this rom - I just wanted to know. And the other question:

Till rom update mu storage memory was 96MB in total. After upgrade it is 150MB! How could it be?:)

Edited by rimvydukas

Yes, I love this rom - I just wanted to know. And the other question:

Till rom update mu storage memory was 96MB in total. After upgrade it is 150MB! How could it be? :)

It's easy for understanding. Just for example : original startup sound is 25 kb. After changing file with another 0 kb. file You get more space on phone and lost startup sound. Another example: camera.exe (patched from pakko777) is 4,85 Mb. After UPX compression is 1,43 Mb. And .. so on...

Edited by gecata

Installed this ROM after seeing it being recommended in an other thread here, and must say while it isn't the most "adventurous" ROM out here it really does the job like it's supposed to. Haven't been able to fault it yet and don't think I'll ever try another ROM after this one.

Thinking of it I haven't reset my device since installing this ROM which was defenitely not the case with others I tried.

Recommended if you're looking for a stable day-in-day-out ROM that won't let you down.

If you haven't solved this yet, I had exactly the same problem as yours before.

I solved mine with a Hard Reset of my Omnia.

I had the same problem too. Using QB06. A hard reset fixed my problem!

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

hi Qbus,

How are you? I am still using your DXID1 Q7 ver with the BTi 660 stereo BT headphones. First time pairing worked fine with a couple of media players (wm fully worked with the BT remote buttons). Then after power off/on (both devices) the phone only worked with the BT hp in phone calling mode and there was no more BT icon at the top display indicator (only BT icon in the phone dial mode). Even a check in stereo music box under BT setting did not help.

Trying to pair again would not work anymore (usually it would ask for the pairing code), and the saved file under FTP folder (with a memory icon like the internal my storage folder) could not be deleted (a system file). A soft reset did not help or anything in that sense at all. So I restored to an earlier settings (basically to delete the BT system file but everything else) and pairing code came up and it worked again, but it stopped if turning both devices off/on (no music streaming but only phone call).

Also the BT worked just fine with a friend's brick LG slider so the problem is with the ROM.

Can you please look into this in your spare time or any clue from others is appreciated?

Thanks! :D

Edited by Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

Guest andreonline

This rom QB07/QB07M Release:

Changes:

1. DXID1 as base.

supposed to play videos from youtube? without anyother program ?

Or should i instal another program, like flashplayer to have that?

i instaled flashplayer7 and when i access pages like youtube, my browser(opera 1938) crashes....

Any ideas?

THX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest sudkcoce

I'd say this is still the best rom around and its definitely the most stable!

Thanks Qbus!

ps. you still like the htc or do you miss omnia? :)

• 1 month later...