HTC's 2009 Products leaked

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Monolithix

I don't see why everyone is so up in arms over these handsets. Yes, clearly they are a refresh of last years handsets, but the originals were all brand new in terms of design AND architecture! HTC have always released refreshes before new lines.

Roll on 2010, I say :)

Guest awarner (MVP)

At a glance its definitely too many same same devices.

Still use the ol C550 as an everyday device even if it has a cracked outer screen. In my job a touch sceen could not be carried around all day.

Guest philg2000
??? - according to my calculator the Touch Pro is >30% larger than the i200

SGH i200 = 70,4cubic centimeters

Touch Pro = 93,6cubic centimeters

/J

You might wanna change your calculator!

According to Expansys:

i200: 112.5 x 58 x 21.25

TP: 102 x 51 x 18.05

Seems Expansys think the i200 is bigger in all aspects.

Guest Confucious
At a glance its definitely too many same same devices.

Still use the ol C550 as an everyday device even if it has a cracked outer screen. In my job a touch sceen could not be carried around all day.

Don't you use your MoDaCo C600?

You might wanna change your calculator!

According to Expansys:

i200: 112.5 x 58 x 21.25

TP: 102 x 51 x 18.05

Seems Expansys think the i200 is bigger in all aspects.

Yup - but Expansys got the i200 size wrong - its (H X B X D) 116,7 x 50,8 x 11,8 mm according to samsung

Samsung.dk and my ruler.

Guest ptwilliams

I see HTC have just released the new Touch variant to the Cruise... wonder if thats a sign that the new version of the Touch Dual... the Titanium... is on its way!

Hope so :)

Edited by ptwilliams

Guest afhstingray
I see HTC have just released the new Touch variant to the Cruise... wonder if thats a sign that the new version of the Touch Dual... the Titanium... is on its way!

Hope so :)

oh how i wish this were true....rumors on the net only say in may though, which is too late for me as my contract just ended :D

im gonna have to take the touchHD if nothing appears soon :)

i wanted at least a sony ericsson xperia, since a qwerty keyboard is better than nothing....but im out of luck i guess

Guest ptwilliams
oh how i wish this were true....rumors on the net only say in may though, which is too late for me as my contract just ended :)

im gonna have to take the touchHD if nothing appears soon :D

i wanted at least a sony ericsson xperia, since a qwerty keyboard is better than nothing....but im out of luck i guess

You see I've tried both variants in the past, those with just a touchscreen, and those with a full on Qwerty and really disliked both. Ended up always reverting to my SPV C600 (still in my eyes THE best SPV series they released, and I've owned them all!)

The Touch Dual just really fits my needs perfectly. Its an excellent handset and really, really hoping they release the Touch variant with the 12 or 20 key pad.

Shall be watching with baited breath - only then of course to be wondering when the hell Orange will actually release it!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest afhstingray
You see I've tried both variants in the past, those with just a touchscreen, and those with a full on Qwerty and really disliked both. Ended up always reverting to my SPV C600 (still in my eyes THE best SPV series they released, and I've owned them all!)

The Touch Dual just really fits my needs perfectly. Its an excellent handset and really, really hoping they release the Touch variant with the 12 or 20 key pad.

Shall be watching with baited breath - only then of course to be wondering when the hell Orange will actually release it!!

i agree completely. i loved my C500, which has now been handed down to my girlfriend after i got the touch dual. i've had loads of phones and pda's, but the only two windows mobile ones i really miss are the touch dual and the C500. I was contemplating getting a C600 on ebay to use as a spare phone....

i bit the bullet and ordered the touch HD. i've been using it as my primary phone for the past two weeks, and im really liking it. the lack of a hardware keypad and buttons do annoy me from time to time, but that large screen is simply gorgeous.

i can type quite fast using the on screen phone keypad (T9). not as fast and intuitive as my touch dual's keypad, but good enough. i was in newcastle on the road over the weekend and i was logged onto MSN constantly, chatting a lot. im quite liking it!!

i guess im used to an on screen t9 pad from when i had my HTC Universal (SPV M5000)

quite satisfied with my setup now, HD as my main phone, touch Dual as my secondary phone.

its quite worrying that the Titanium seems to have disappeared. a touch dual with a wvga screen, and possibly the new snapdragon platform with a 1ghz processor would be perfect :)

have to admit though, the transition to the touch HD has been a lot easier than i thought!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest G1LIW

I moved on from my old SPV C600 to an HP iPaq HW9615 for three reasons:

1. It has WiFi. the C600 does not.

2. It has a built-in GPS receiver. The C600 does not.

3. It has all of the above in one device, not two. Means less to cart about and forget/lose/get stolen from oneself or ones' car.

I've been monitoring current offerings, and any replacement would have to meet the same specs as the Touch Pro 2 - http://www.htc.com/uk/product/touchpro2/specification.html - with the addition of 3G connectivity, which the TP2 does not have.

Wonder if the specs for the new HTC crop will include something to match the above requirement? :(

Guest Confucious
with the addition of 3G connectivity, which the TP2 does not have.

Oh dear...

I take it that you don't actually realise that

HSDPA/WCDMA:

Europe/Asia: 900/2100 MHz

Up to 2 Mbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link speeds

Is what is common;y referred to as 3.5G and is a superset of 3G?

They don't mention 3G because theirs does 3G a lot more.

Guest G1LIW
Oh dear...

I take it that you don't actually realise that

Is what is common;y referred to as 3.5G and is a superset of 3G?

They don't mention 3G because theirs does 3G a lot more.

Holy BLEEP! No, I did NOT notice that, but then I expect to be told a great many things in plain English, "koz I'z fik, innit (even wivaht chilli sauce)" :P

Cheers for that :( Looks like I've actually identified (with a nudge from Confucious, lol) what my next phone's gonna be B)

Guest Confucious
Holy BLEEP! No, I did NOT notice that, but then I expect to be told a great many things in plain English, "koz I'z fik, innit (even wivaht chilli sauce)" :P

Cheers for that :( Looks like I've actually identified (with a nudge from Confucious, lol) what my next phone's gonna be B)

Despite your protestations I somehow doubt you lack intelligence which makes me wonder how many other sales HTC are losing by not mentioning 3G in their specifications.

Guest G1LIW

cheers for that, lol :(

I'd imagine a fair few: Most of us are conditioned to actually look for the magic number and letter 3G these days, after all. methinks someone in their marketing department needs a good swift kick somewhere rather sensitive B)

Guest Confucious

I emailed HTC about this and their reply is:

New Response From [ Matthew (Europe Support (Customer Service)) ]

Thank you for your email. Customer feedback is always truly appreciated. We have noted your valued comments. Please keep an eye on our website for any changes or updates: www.htc.com Thank you.

Not sure if they'll take any notice but at least I tried!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.