500mb for £5 on Orange, when you connect or upgrade

Guest blackhorse

Guest blackhorse

Figured i would mention this in its own topic,

On the 26th December Orange launched the 500mb for £5 bundle (the same bundle panther customers get for free)

Customers are only eligble for this bundle if they are either A. Taking a new connection, B, Upgrading.

I cant say for certain if indirect channels can use it such as mobiles.co.uk, i do know customer services, retail, and rettentions can.

Over the last coulple of weeks customer service have been quite lax and giving it to anyone that asks for it, but they are clamping down <_<

I realise it still isnt quite web and walk but its a step in the right direction!!

Small Print

The bundle must be kept for the whole contract

Existing in life customers must take the 250mb for £7.50

Edited by blackhorse

Guest psionandy
Figured i would mention this in its own topic,

On the 26th December Orange launched the 500mb for £5 bundle (the same bundle panther customers get for free)

Customers are only eligble for this bundle if they are either A. Taking a new connection, B, Upgrading.

I cant say for certain if indirect channels can use it such as mobiles.co.uk, i do know customer services, retail, and rettentions can.

Over the last coulple of weeks customer service have been quite lax and giving it to anyone that asks for it, but they are clamping down <_<

I realise it still isnt quite web and walk but its a step in the right direction!!

Small Print

The bundle must be kept for the whole contract

Existing in life customers must take the 250mb for £7.50

might be useful if they told staff in their shops.... On Friday, I was told flatly that 250MB was the biggest they could do and that the 'bigger' bundles were withdrawn because the people who had them weren't downloading enough !!???

Guest Prof. Yaffle
might be useful if they told staff in their shops.... On Friday, I was told flatly that 250MB was the biggest they could do and that the 'bigger' bundles were withdrawn because the people who had them weren't downloading enough !!???

I changed a couple of weeks ago from the 250mb for £7.50 to 500mb for £5. Just called 150 and they changed it no problem.

Guest FORCEFOXFIVE

:D I changed this as well last week, Thursday, when i upgraded. I was told it was a promotion 500mb for £5.00 a month and this could be taken off and added back on at anytime during the contract. We'll wait and see about that one :)

Guest Chrismobile
I changed a couple of weeks ago from the 250mb for £7.50 to 500mb for £5. Just called 150 and they changed it no problem.

I'm 6 weeks into an 18 month contract. I'd agreed on the 250mb for £7.50 but on hearing about the 500mb deal the other day, called 150, spoke to a great guy who agreed to change me over without any pleading etc on my part. Thank you to the guys on this site for telling us about the new 500mb offer and Orange for changing me up (double the data for £2.50 less) with no hassle.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pete_thomson
We get Unlimited (FUP 3000mb) :(

Is that on the newer packages? Also is HSDPA enabled as standard for you?

Loads of us in Bristol only seem to get GPRS despite isubs saying everything is setup for HSDPA.

Guest blackhorse

Loads of us in Bristol only seem to get GPRS despite isubs saying everything is setup for HSDPA.

Fox and Squirrel packages have no charge for data at all (its got a soft cap FUP of 3000mb)

Yes HSDPA works fine, as far as im aware you just need a 3G sim

Guest pete_thomson
Fox and Squirrel packages have no charge for data at all (its got a soft cap FUP of 3000mb)

Yes HSDPA works fine, as far as im aware you just need a 3G sim

Odd. Not sure why we are getting problems then. My Touch HD just arrived, but registrations is down so I can't get it live yet to test mine.

Odd. Not sure why we are getting problems then. My Touch HD just arrived, but registrations is down so I can't get it live yet to test mine.

Upgraded in-store, couldnt add the package there so phoned up, and they added it straight away :(

Guest pete_thomson

Got registered after spending ages bouncing between registrations and isubs!

HSDPA is working fine on mine, still none the wiser.

I wonder why this wasn't mentioned when they phoned me the other day to try to hang onto me?

Told 'em I wasn't interested in upgrading my contract, anyhow, as I wasn't happy with the size of the bills, or the misinformation they span me when I opted into their home BB service two years back. They NEVER pointed out that contracts would be extended another 6 months from 18 to 24 months, and I'm still spitting tacks on that one, as it's cost me a shedload of wedge.

HINT: If you're even considering upgrading or taking on Orange, READ THE BLASTED SMALL PRINT and ask, ask, ASK about length of contracts, get out clauses, and so on. It may well save you a veritable packet.

Guest AlanJC

Does anyone know what the correct package is called? When I added it last week on the phone, I said £5 for 500mb, she said for a Blackberry? So I said no, but I was told about 500mb for £5 as I was upgrading, and she said OK.

Looked online at my account details, and I have "Blackberry Internet" showing up.

Is that the right package?

Guest Dale Pearson

Just a quick one guys, am I right in thinking this can be added to any Orange Contract?

I am thinking of changing to Orange, and would be interested in adding this.

Thanks in advance.

Guest AlanJC
Just a quick one guys, am I right in thinking this can be added to any Orange Contract?

I am thinking of changing to Orange, and would be interested in adding this.

Thanks in advance.

You can add it to any new contract or upgrade, but some of the staff in store, and on the phone don't seem to know much about it!

I just had a call today to see if I was happy with my upgrade, and got mine sorted out now, so although the answer to your question is yes, how easy it will be is anoher matter entirely :(

Guest Dale Pearson

Thanks, its a suck it and see situation then really.

You can add it to any new contract or upgrade, but some of the staff in store, and on the phone don't seem to know much about it!

I just had a call today to see if I was happy with my upgrade, and got mine sorted out now, so although the answer to your question is yes, how easy it will be is anoher matter entirely :(

Guest Gisbourne

I know this probably sounds daft, but how do you know if you are receiving an HSDPA signal? I assume you get an 'H' over the signal strength meter, is this correct? If so I have never seen it, but transferred the SIM over from my old phone when I upgraded (think I needed to register the new SIM as it didn't work). Could this be the reason?

Cheers.

P.S. Am in the East Midlands near Leicester if this makes any odds...

Edited by Gisbourne

Guest JKnowles

Hi Gisbourne

like yourself I am new on here and learning about Windows mobile

Got my first device last week HTC Touch HD :(

They gave me a new sim which yes I had to register, think there was a sheet in the box of the new phone with a number I had to ring

Just had to switch new phone off for a couple of hours and number was swapped over

I get a H when on hi speed connection

So I would say that the new sim has the service enabled on it so I guess you need to get it enabled

J

I know this probably sounds daft, but how do you know if you are receiving an HSDPA signal? I assume you get an 'H' over the signal strength meter, is this correct? If so I have never seen it, but transferred the SIM over from my old phone when I upgraded (think I needed to register the new SIM as it didn't work). Could this be the reason?

Cheers.

Guest RiceBurner
Hello,

Any chances for current panther users to get the 500mb bundle instead of the default 250mb one?

As I understand it - the Panther packages have 500mb now that 500mb is the "default" unlimited package - call them to check. It's what I've got (to the best of my knowledge and I was very exacting about what I was getting).

Cheers.

Yes - as said above, you need an HSDPA enabled sim card, so if the new one hasn't worked you'll need to get another.

Guest pete_thomson

Cheers.

You get a G for GPRS, E for Edge, 3G for 3G and H for HSDPA.

Guest Gisbourne
You get a G for GPRS, E for Edge, 3G for 3G and H for HSDPA.

Just a follow up to this - I registered the new SIM card and sure enough I got all the data networks now. This is all thanks to the info above, so much appreciated guys...

Regards.

Guest simon11

Thanks for this info!

I had just upgraded my contract with My Touch HD. I got no bundle. Everytime I tried to connect to my router through wifi it connected to Orange instead. I have just rang them and they say I am paying something like £2.75 per mb. I have allready used 3mb without intending to. I mentioned the 500mb for £5.00 and they have put me on it from today. It's a real bargain when you look at the individual price per unit.

I don't see how they can warrant the standard charges!