Call problem - not hearing other person

Guest captainsensible

Guest captainsensible

Has anyone else had this problem where, after a minute or so of making a call, you can no longer hear the other caller, although they can still hear you??? I have had it, and someone I work with has had it - I have found some reference to it happening to other people from searching on Google but nothing here. Apparently, pressing the action button does bring the sound back but hardly a good solution.

As an experiment, my colleague and I have disabled the Samsung dialler and up to now, no more occurrences of the same problem (certainly for my colleague, who makes many more calls than me). If there is anyone else here who experiences this, can you the try this as well to see if it is definitely the Samsung dialler causing the problem.

Apologies if this has been raised before, but I couldn't find any reference to it!

Has anyone else had this problem where, after a minute or so of making a call, you can no longer hear the other caller, although they can still hear you??? I have had it, and someone I work with has had it - I have found some reference to it happening to other people from searching on Google but nothing here. Apparently, pressing the action button does bring the sound back but hardly a good solution.

As an experiment, my colleague and I have disabled the Samsung dialler and up to now, no more occurrences of the same problem (certainly for my colleague, who makes many more calls than me). If there is anyone else here who experiences this, can you the try this as well to see if it is definitely the Samsung dialler causing the problem.

Apologies if this has been raised before, but I couldn't find any reference to it!

Yes I have the same problem very often. I kept thinking it was because of bad reception.

I am currently using DXIA1 ROM but will flash to DXIA2 shortly.

What have you found to be the problem / resolution?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Guest captainsensible
Yes I have the same problem very often. I kept thinking it was because of bad reception.

I am currently using DXIA1 ROM but will flash to DXIA2 shortly.

What have you found to be the problem / resolution?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Well, not sure if its the solution but try disabling the Samsung dialler (assuming you're using it!) - have not seen the problem since doing this here.

Yes... been back to Vodafone 3 times now, they don't believe its a problem (or can't recreate it), phone comes flashed with the same ROM everytime "tested and working"... which of course it's not!

Only ever lets me down when I really need it! V. Annoying!

:)

Guest captainsensible

Thanks for your input - much the same response has been received from T-Mobile; just send out another device and it happens again. There must be many more people seeing this problem. I have tried several different roms and have seen the issue on more than one of them.

• 1 month later...
Guest wraggy
A big bump this.....

Anyone else had this yet?

Start -> Settings -> System -> Power-> Calling -> Uncheck "Turn off LCD after call has been connected for", seems to stop it, as a workaround... well it does for me on vodafone rom.

Sorry for the slow response.

Edited by wraggy

Guest captainsensible
Start -> Settings -> System -> Power-> Calling -> Uncheck "Turn off LCD after call has been connected for", seems to stop it, as a workaround... well it does for me on vodafone rom.

Sorry for the slow response.

Nice - will try this. Cheers