When you click the clock to set the alarm on the Omnia..

Guest unlazyfree

Guest unlazyfree

You know how it goes to the World Clock, well is there a way (maybe in the registry) to set it so when I touch the clock on the today screen, it opens the alarm by default instead of the world clock?

Not a huge problem, just an annoyance since I use the alarm every night

You know how it goes to the World Clock, well is there a way (maybe in the registry) to set it so when I touch the clock on the today screen, it opens the alarm by default instead of the world clock?

Not a huge problem, just an annoyance since I use the alarm every night

Me too - would appreciate any advice for this.

Until Saturday I had an 'unbranded' Omnia and when I touched the clock it went straight to the 'Alarm' settings. I now have the dreaded BVHH1 and (as above) it goes to World Clock? How tedious!

Regards and thanks to all who give their time and patient advice on here,

Rusty

Guest kdavidyates

Same issue here, really bugs me. I'm on Taril's DXIA2. There must be a way to change this behaviour, I think, because when I open the same app (tclock) from the main menu, it goes into alarms first. It's just the clock on the today screen that doesn't.

Guest nickmoutia

Thats funny. I'm using Passoa M2D03 Manilla Rom and when clock is pressed it goes to the alarm by default.

I'm sure the previous ROMs i used had this problem. But i had forgotten it.

nick

Guest kurniawan

tclock.exe opens the alarm by default. It's the samsung today that opens tclock with a command line like "tclock.exe -worldclock". U wil have to hexedit the samsung today or search for different samsung today cab's that u can find here on modaco and try them one by one.... some of them are different indeed so i have noticed too. good luck

Guest unlazyfree
tclock.exe opens the alarm by default. It's the samsung today that opens tclock with a command line like "tclock.exe -worldclock". U wil have to hexedit the samsung today or search for different samsung today cab's that u can find here on modaco and try them one by one.... some of them are different indeed so i have noticed too. good luck

alright, so at least it seems possible..does anyone know the file location of what i need to edit?

Guest chmun77
alright, so at least it seems possible..does anyone know the file location of what i need to edit?<br />

is under windows. tclock.exe. i think u can create a shortcut pointing to it, w/o using the -worldtime argument for the shortcut?

Edited by chmun77

Guest kdavidyates

Thanks but that isn't what we're trying to do. What's needed is a way to edit the existing Today screen clock shortcut so that it defaults to alarms. Does anyone know which file needs to be edited?

Guest Maxwell Newton

I have an unbranded phone, when i click the clock on the today screen it runs tclock and goes straight into the alarm menu...2 things...

1)If you are putting an alarm on every night, why not use the repeat option??

2)Its possable that it only defualts to alarm if you have a repeat alarm on?? I remember mine used to go to world clock, and the only difference i can think of is that was when i wasnt using a repeat alarm...?? Worth a try!

Good luck!

Max

Guest kdavidyates

That's odd! Mine is unbranded too (Taril's DXIA2) and every ROM I've used so far, branded or not, has gone into world clock by default. I do use the repeat option, but need to change the time it goes off quite regularly, so would be nice if it went straight to alarms. Also, doesn't make a difference for me if repeat is on or off.

Thx anyway!