LOOK ** SHOKKA9 WM6.1 LITE ROMs ** 20270/20954 **

Guest shokka9

Guest shokka9

new M2D ROM, is still awaiting something...

It will be here so dont worry, no rush as its same stuff on v3, but with a few tweaks (added extras - behind scenes).

Guest slybaby

Hi shokka9

IMO in a CLEAN rom there should be almost nothing, only the things that cannot be installed afterwards. If you start adding apps, you can't please everybody, and the rom won't be clean anymore. For example, with aridoasis's list, I for one, have a few issues:

Google Maps - not everybody uses it, it requires constant net connection, and there are many more GPS software out there (iGO, for example)

white battery - this seems to be a graphic tweak, again, not everybody wants it

TV Out - like you said, people use this?

etc...

My point is: if an app can be installed afterwards, then it should be installed afterwards. There are plenty of roms with apps already integrated (including from you).

The purpose of this rom, as it's name implies, is a CLEAN rom, and all these revisions are for making it as stable and as fast as possible.

I, for one, am getting this because its as bare as possible. I will install my preffered apps, and have on my phone only what I want.

There can be an exception for Net framework, Flash Lite and HTCemu DLLs, those being actually system updates, but anything else that can be installed by hand, should be.

Just my two cents.

PS. You're doing a great job, looking forward for your next rom

PS2. Try to get some sleep now and then :(

Guest shokka9

i get sleep, just not enough.

Thanks for your worthy comemnts. You are right, a clean ROM is a clean ROM. I will be adding UC to my LITE ROMs, so if you install some cabs, then seriously, read up on UC @ xda-devs site. It is a god send for you clean ROMMERs.

The list from aridoasis, is small addition, but in my very honest opinion, defeats the object.

I just want to make ROM for you all.

Jury still out, but its looking like this next LITE will be really clean..nothing added....

Keep the comments coming....

Time for my real job :(

Guest bobobird

slybaby is right ...

Lite <> Lite = not Lite

Oh btw, you could consider doing (new term coming up) "PERSONALISED" roms, donation based of course. :(

Edited by bobobird

Guest shokka9

New version of LITE available...SHK15, now with UC & Total Commander. I put that in as, its a small app and edits registry straight after flash.

If if needs to come out, it will.

Enjoy

Guest bobobird

Some ppl may want to use Resco etc. But for me TC is fine, so is UC. But still departs from the proper "CLEAN" OR "LITE" definitions that we have cornered ourselves into haha.

Guest shokka9

yeah, but i wont be adding anything else. If anything bobobird, the TC will come out...Then there is no need to touch this ROM, just everytime new build is out..

Or maybe a newer SYS & XIP?? But no apps, UC takes care of that.

Guest helladios
Hi shokka9

IMO in a CLEAN rom there should be almost nothing, only the things that cannot be installed afterwards. If you start adding apps, you can't please everybody, and the rom won't be clean anymore. For example, with aridoasis's list, I for one, have a few issues:

Google Maps - not everybody uses it, it requires constant net connection, and there are many more GPS software out there (iGO, for example)

white battery - this seems to be a graphic tweak, again, not everybody wants it

TV Out - like you said, people use this?

etc...

My point is: if an app can be installed afterwards, then it should be installed afterwards. There are plenty of roms with apps already integrated (including from you).

The purpose of this rom, as it's name implies, is a CLEAN rom, and all these revisions are for making it as stable and as fast as possible.

I, for one, am getting this because its as bare as possible. I will install my preffered apps, and have on my phone only what I want.

There can be an exception for Net framework, Flash Lite and HTCemu DLLs, those being actually system updates, but anything else that can be installed by hand, should be.

Just my two cents.

PS. You're doing a great job, looking forward for your next rom

PS2. Try to get some sleep now and then :(

Could not agree more! Why do people ask for things in the ROM that they could add later? I am sure, all of us use different applications for different things (by the way, I hate HTC Task Manager, I use another one which is much much better)... and a clean ROM should be just that. A clean ROM. Why should I use Total Commander, when I pid and bought Rescon (which is better)?

hi shokka. i really like the way you make your roms and i have a couple of ideas on what should be left in... hope this helps...

Advanced Config Tool

HTC Task Manager 2.1 build 34837

White Battery (give % on battery)

GoogleMaps with added Latitude

Total Commander v2.51

Black Skin for Tegic Keypads

Pako777 Camera dll FIX

Disabled Error Reporting

Security – Don’t warn on unsigned cab removed

.net Compact Framework 3.5

Flash Lite 3.1

HTCEmu DLL’s

apps:

FM Radio

Internet Sharing

Java

TV Out

---------------------------------------------

with this setup, all is set and people can just install additional apps they need from your library of cabs for removed programs. :(

this is just my opinion. c'mon guys, lets help shokka make great roms!

I second it... would love the following in it as well

Hi Shokka,

Thanks for your great job. I like your custom ROM. I actually use shk14L : fast, responsive, big free space.

My question : i am so satisfied to use shk14L, can u convince me to install shk15L ? :()

Thx.

Guest shokka9

Not really, unless you use UC??

If not, seriously it is worth using...it is very simple to use just to install cabs after flashing..

Read up, flash it and enjoy

Just to mention smth :(. The cabs that are read from SDConfig.txt will be installed on their default dir that is set into cab file.

So some cabs can be installed on \My Device\ some on \My Storage\. It wont ask you where to be saved.

If you want to save space you must recreate the cabs and set the installation dir to \My Storage\

2 cents B)

cool roms

Not really, unless you use UC??

If not, seriously it is worth using...it is very simple to use just to install cabs after flashing..

Read up, flash it and enjoy

Shokka, definitely I dont know UC but it is said you have to use an SDcard to make it work ? But i dont have one :(

Guest shokka9

well....maybe you buy one??

Around £15.00 GBP on Amazon.co.uk (free P&P) for 8GB...I find these essential, especially if you like to flash your Omnia a lot...keeps everything safe!!

Treat yourself to an SD card.

well....maybe you buy one??

Around £15.00 GBP on Amazon.co.uk (free P&P) for 8GB...I find these essential, especially if you like to flash your Omnia a lot...keeps everything safe!!

Treat yourself to an SD card.

yep shokka your right maybe i will buy one and test your rom :(

Hi shokka9,

I wanna ask can I specify which place to install the cabs from the UC? Cause i read it says have to be placed in the storage card but what if i want the apps to install to the "my storage".

Also, when will you release a rom with the mentioned apps which as mentioned by aridoasis ... eagerly awaiting for it ...

haa haa