LOOK ** SHOKKA9 WM6.1 LITE ROMs ** 20270/20954 **

Guest shokka9

Guest helladios
Thanks guys....anything else that you think will work in this is also appreciated.

:(

I have used almost all ROM's until now, cooked and uncooked. I have decided that the best ROM for my purposes is a super-light ROM, on top of which I install Spb Shell and other programs I use. Presently I am using your ROM (A2) and I am very pleased with the performance. Maybe it is the best "complete" and "super-light" ROM I have tried until now. But... with all ROM's I have one problem. I will tell you what I do, and then I will tell you the problem.

1) I rename "My Documents" as, say, "Docs".

2) I find all occurences of "My Storage" in the registry (53 occurences in most ROM's).

3) I replace every occurence of "My Storage" with "My Documents".

4) I reboot.

5) Windows creates "My Documents" which, now, takes the place of "My Storage".

6) I delete "Docs"

This has been published, by myself, a long time ago, it is not new. The only problem I ever encountered is with "Notes". First, all "Notes" files are created twice, and, second, when "Notes" starts, it says that it cannot create the "Recording Directory".

Request:

--- Is it possible to cook this hack into the ROM? (The benefits are obvious.)

--- Is it possible to correct the problem with "Notes"? If it is not possible to correct it, can I have a ROM without "Notes", so I can install another program in its place?

Thank you very much!

Guest technology
thanks.. aridoasis

That seems reasonable...No trouble at all to do this..

In fact, that list is just about right. Need more input people.

Also, i will be adding UC for you all too.

Shokka9,

I suggest adding the autoinstaller program (SASHIMI AutoInstaller RAW Edition v.7.9) which make it easy to install all prefered applications automatically. It works like the UC but it is much easier. The program is free and you can have a look at this address, http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4#p13

Regards

Guest enoir

Thank you very much for all your efforts Shokka. People like you make owning an Omnia worthwhile.

I think you should change that robot tho hehe

Guest shokka9

These will change, probably from version to verison, if you dont like, you can just overwrite these things :(

Thanks for you comments, always welcome.

Guest shokka9
I have used almost all ROM's until now, cooked and uncooked. I have decided that the best ROM for my purposes is a super-light ROM, on top of which I install Spb Shell and other programs I use. Presently I am using your ROM (A2) and I am very pleased with the performance. Maybe it is the best "complete" and "super-light" ROM I have tried until now. But... with all ROM's I have one problem. I will tell you what I do, and then I will tell you the problem.

1) I rename "My Documents" as, say, "Docs".

2) I find all occurences of "My Storage" in the registry (53 occurences in most ROM's).

3) I replace every occurence of "My Storage" with "My Documents".

4) I reboot.

5) Windows creates "My Documents" which, now, takes the place of "My Storage".

6) I delete "Docs"

This has been published, by myself, a long time ago, it is not new. The only problem I ever encountered is with "Notes". First, all "Notes" files are created twice, and, second, when "Notes" starts, it says that it cannot create the "Recording Directory".

Request:

--- Is it possible to cook this hack into the ROM? (The benefits are obvious.)

--- Is it possible to correct the problem with "Notes"? If it is not possible to correct it, can I have a ROM without "Notes", so I can install another program in its place?

Thank you very much!

This should be possible, but unfortunately a bit too much work.....I need to stop spending so much on my PC...:(

I could make some more room in this rom by replacing a lot of files with 0kb ones or very small ones. I already do it in the windows directory, but there are quite a few more that i could minimize, but again, it takes time and patience.

Thanks for suggesting it tho...

Guest downloadhollander

Nice rom shokka9,

But only Tom Tom7 and IGo 8 navigation have problems with this rom :(.

Do you have a solution or can you fix this for the next rom ?

Guest shokka9
Nice rom shokka9,

But only Tom Tom7 and IGo 8 navigation have problems with this rom :( .

Do you have a solution or can you fix this for the next rom ?

What problems; they shouldnt have. Can u be a little bit more specific?? Or do they simply not install??

I dont use either of them. However they should work?

Let me know pls.

Guest shokka9

they need configurign properly i assume, the GPS is quick on these ROMs, so it isnt the ROM.

Dont know, maybe someone else help you..

Guest downloadhollander

I have try it again and now its works. I tink the problem was me becaus IGO need just some more time before it get the fix.

Guest djtosh

anychance someone can post the Omnia startup/shutdown GIFs, Ani_Poweron.gif, Ani_Poweroff.gif from this rom pls copied ova them and need em back thnx

Guest corek66

Me too :(

And first THANKS for your,s great work

P.S. if it is possible , please ,make rom as lite as you can without today screens and other dust