IMAP email problems

Guest dr_nick

Guest dr_nick

more and more often (now always) I cannot send/receive email via pop3 or imap without first initiating an internet connection with other software (ceTwit,opera, etc). I get an error message: cannot send/receive email, check connection settings. connection AFTER I've initiated a connection is more reliable (but still not flawless).

I tried installing this fix, but get error message that its not compatible with my version of widows mobile (stock 6.1 that comes on orange touchHD)

come to think of it, I have issues with desktop's outlook IMAP /pop3 connection for a couple of weeks, but my internet connection is fine and IMAP host deny any problems their end.

it is infuriating having technology that does not worm properly, and embarrassing in comparison vo my Iphone-owning colleagues!

anyone have a similar problem (with WM) or better still a SOLUTION for me?

kind regards.

dr_nick

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dr_nick

I am very surprised noone has either experienced this problem or knows how to fix it...!

it is VERY annoying.

why would the email app not be able to establish its own internet connection - there must be a setting for this somewhere?

would it help, do you think, to delete the email account and set it up again on my HD?

PLEASE HELP

or even jsut say hi so i know you are listening!!

:(

dr_nick

Guest Neil5459

Hi Nick- I'm listening :(

Not sure how to help mind you! Does Internet access bounce the GPRS connection into life?

Bearing in mind your other post (now 4 pages) about the GPS losing signal frequently, I'd suspect you may have some sort of OS corruption.

Despite the pain in the butt it involves, I suspect you may need to consider a hard reset and start everything from scratch, being careful to only install stuff you really need to see what effect it has.

Did you get my PM about easing the process with certain software you use?

Guest dr_nick

thanks neil. I think you are probably right re hard reset.

it is a huge faff and takes me hours if not days to get my settings back to where I like them and remember how I did various things in the disputing place..

if I'm hard resetting I may as well take the opportunity to flash the rom which I do so infrequently I have to go back to basics every time which takes many more hours :(

and my pc has just died on me so I have to spend many hours fixing that first...

don't know where to find all this time?!

N

Guest bigf00t

I've not tried manually creating a connection etc but I only really want to be able to do it over wifi anyway.

I cant send any email and the fix wasn't meant to be needed for the Touch HD.

Las I heard Matt and Tracy (from that blog) were meant to be working on a fix with the MSDN people or something-

Anybody know where they got to with that?