Sony X1 or htc touch pro

Guest Mr_stickz

Guest Mr_stickz

Hey i'm getting a new phone and i really like the sony x1 but i also really like the touch pro...

Wich one should i choose?

Question: With the weird x1 screen resolution will all games and apps work that will work for all other devices? I mean doom and new games

X1:

+ 3.0 inch screen

+curved slide shape thing

+x-panels

- Weird screen resolution

-4 row qwerty keyboard instead of 5

-30mb ram

PRO

+More common screen res

+Great interface for use with fingers

+5 row qwerty keyboard

- less battery time

- 0.2 inch smaller screen

-no audio jack plug

They're both great phones with the same processor speed so

wich one should i choose?

Guest Gorskar

Well I went for the X1, and having seen a friend's Touch Pro am glad I did.

The X1 is a much nicer looking device (not as wide), and the battery is decent enough for a WM phone. (I tend to charge it every night, but it still has well over half the battery left then. Apparently the Touch Pro will struggle to even make 1 day if its used moderately heavilly)

The screen res isn't too much of an issue - you can download a utility from XDA-devs (cant remember the name yet) which basically chops off the extra width (leaving a black bar down one side) and makes it appear to be a VGA screen to other applications. - which can be helpful if an app or game wont run or looks skewed.

Shame the keyboard doesn't have arrows, but its still very good. You can always use the d-pad for arrows (although I should point out that the d-pad isnt the greatest for games - mainly due to the "up" being a little trickier than the other directions to press.)

An essential download is the SPB mobile shell panel from http://www.sonyericsson.com/fun/

Its free for the X1, and makes the phone far more finger friendly.

Guest Mr_stickz
Well I went for the X1, and having seen a friend's Touch Pro am glad I did.

The X1 is a much nicer looking device (not as wide), and the battery is decent enough for a WM phone. (I tend to charge it every night, but it still has well over half the battery left then. Apparently the Touch Pro will struggle to even make 1 day if its used moderately heavilly)

The screen res isn't too much of an issue - you can download a utility from XDA-devs (cant remember the name yet) which basically chops off the extra width (leaving a black bar down one side) and makes it appear to be a VGA screen to other applications. - which can be helpful if an app or game wont run or looks skewed.

Shame the keyboard doesn't have arrows, but its still very good. You can always use the d-pad for arrows (although I should point out that the d-pad isnt the greatest for games - mainly due to the "up" being a little trickier than the other directions to press.)

An essential download is the SPB mobile shell panel from http://www.sonyericsson.com/fun/

Its free for the X1, and makes the phone far more finger friendly.

OK i think i'm getting the x1 its 10€ cheaper too...

I saw that VGA program its an emulator.

Not even arrows? men that is a shame... But i'm sure u can reassign them with a program.

yeh thats one more question i have: With the HTC blackstone 3d interface will it replace one of the panels or just add it to the list?

Guest Mr_stickz
OK i think i'm getting the x1 its 10€ cheaper too...

I saw that VGA program its an emulator.

Not even arrows? men that is a shame... But i'm sure u can reassign them with a program.

yeh thats one more question i have: With the HTC blackstone 3d interface will it replace one of the panels or just add it to the list?

?

• 1 year later...
Guest zwymc

I used to buy a X1 and Touch Pro, also tried to compare, but the Touch Pro's screen is too small, the resolution is not high, and relatively thick.

• 3 months later...
Guest adamtaylor

Here is the simple comparison:

Plus point of x1 is it's 3.0" vga

Plus point for touch pro is it's touchflo that gives you better web browsing experience.

So my pick ?

Touch Pro.