SMS folders

Guest Weezle

Hi Folks,

I am trying to delete a whole load of old SMS messages from Inbox and Sent, but because of the number of messages the phone crashes and has to be re-started by removing and replacing the battery.

Whenever I do this, it puts all of the deleted messages back in the SMS folders, leaving me worse off than when I started.

I thought an easy way round this would be to go into the phone with File Explorer or through ActiveSync, find the folder(s) that have the SMS messages is and delete or move the contents onto my computer.

I can't seem to find this folder anywhere on the phone, anybody have any idea where it is?

Hi Folks,

I am trying to delete a whole load of old SMS messages from Inbox and Sent, but because of the number of messages the phone crashes and has to be re-started by removing and replacing the battery.

Whenever I do this, it puts all of the deleted messages back in the SMS folders, leaving me worse off than when I started.

I thought an easy way round this would be to go into the phone with File Explorer or through ActiveSync, find the folder(s) that have the SMS messages is and delete or move the contents onto my computer.

I can't seem to find this folder anywhere on the phone, anybody have any idea where it is?

Sorry to ask a dumb question but are you remembering to empty the deleted texts? They go into a recycling bin that needs to be emptied. Delete a few, empty, repeat ... For Win 6 Standard it's Menu, Tools, Empty Deleted items.

Sorry to ask a dumb question but are you remembering to empty the deleted texts? They go into a recycling bin that needs to be emptied. Delete a few, empty, repeat ... For Win 6 Standard it's Menu, Tools, Empty Deleted items.

Yep, doing all of that. It's not a dumb question though - you don't find out unless you ask....

Guest galea
Yep, doing all of that. It's not a dumb question though - you don't find out unless you ask....

Ok, one more idea, click on menu, folders from within the text messages then click menu clear text messages.

Guest Weezle
Ok, one more idea, click on menu, folders from within the text messages then click menu clear text messages.

This is what causes the phone to hang up and crash in the first place..... I remember on older SPV's there was a folder that you could find somewhere in File Explorer of via ActiveSync that contained all the messages, does anyone know if/where this exists in the E650 file structure?

Guest Weezle
As far as I know SMS are not stored in a folder, but in a system database.

Ok, is there anyway of accessing or editing that? Everything I have tried, including various SMS managers just crash the phone. I'm hoping I can avoid a hard reset because of the time this will take me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Weezle
Ok, is there anyway of accessing or editing that? Everything I have tried, including various SMS managers just crash the phone. I'm hoping I can avoid a hard reset because of the time this will take me.

No matter, progress got the better of me and I re-flashed the phone to WinMo 6.1; its a little different to 6.0 and will probably take me a while to get used to some of it but I quite like it, and the ROM flashing process is actually quite straight forward :-)