New Omnia ROM DXIA5 released by Samsung

Guest ldbs

Guest gianton
DXIA5/QB06 is in RC1 state (currently in my phone) - seems quite ok, the free space is almost the same as in QB05.

Will upload it in few hours after I make sure that everything is OK (with QB06M of course).

Waiting patiently qbus, thanks in advance m8!

Could you please advise which phone part will it have?

Edited by gianton

Guest chrisOmnia
when i try to download the new update from Samsung i get DZIA5 but you guys are talking about DXIA5 im confused. Can some one enlighten me.

DZ firms are with chinese input. DX are normal without the chinese

Guest JLP_SVK
DXIA5/QB06 is in RC1 state (currently in my phone) - seems quite ok, the free space is almost the same as in QB05.

Will upload it in few hours after I make sure that everything is OK (with QB06M of course).

Impatiently waiting!!!! :(

Guest stylus1828

waiting for your masterpiece qbus! thank you m8!

Waiting patiently qbus, thanks in advance m8!

Could you please advise which phone part will it have?

The package contains DXIA2 Phone Part (as someone wrote before).

Guest bouboule

When i want to flash my Omnia i have an error message :

Incorrect software version

Verify your mobile

(in french)

I have the Taril Rom in my omnia now.

What can i do to flash and try this ROM

Guest o0joe0o
so if we dont want the chinese inputs , which rom can we download from the official samsung site?

my current rom is DZHK3.

download the one from the philippines..

Hy qbus, can you add the UC - User Customisation in your new rom ? :(

Since you can copy it by yourself and not everyone is using it I don't think this is good idea.

Guest Stevenh
When i want to flash my Omnia i have an error message :

Incorrect software version

Verify your mobile

(in french)

I have the Taril Rom in my omnia now.

What can i do to flash and try this ROM

Check the sticky post on incorrect software version fix, gives instructions how to do it...

Guest bouboule
Check the sticky post on incorrect software version fix, gives instructions how to do it...

I make this :

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator
    I try both Singapore and Philippine
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET
  • Run update, and all should be well.

But it doesn't work

Anything else to do ?

Thanks

Edited by bouboule

Guest ZiTe747
I make this :
  • Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator
    I try both Singapore and Philippine
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET
  • Run update, and all should be well.

But it doesn't work

Anything else to do ?

Thanks

I've got the exact same problem today when i've tried to update to DXIA5. But i've managed to do it :(. So... this is what u people should do. Go to this page http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...re-version-fix/ and chose one of the DX ROMS.. chose DXHH3 for example. Download it, then put it on your phone. When this is done, try the DXIA5 B) :P :D . It will Succeed :P

Best regards and excuse me for my English :D

Guest wudangnic

It seems is not updating until you have an official ROM.

I had taril DXIA2 and I keep getting wrong version message. So I put the official DXIA2 ROM and after that the last DZIA5 and every thing went smoothly.

Guest bouboule
It seems is not updating until you have an official ROM.

I had taril DXIA2 and I keep getting wrong version message. So I put the official DXIA2 ROM and after that the last DZIA5 and every thing went smoothly.

I had the Taril DXIA2, i put the DXHH3 ...but i've always the same message

"Incorrect software ..."

WAht can I do ?

Try with the DXIA2 from secany ?

Maybe it's because i've a "french" Omnia ?

EDIT : ok it works.

I flash with the DXHH3 then i make the "incorrect software version fix" and i choose Philippine.

Edited by bouboule

Guest ZiTe747
I had the Taril DXIA2, i put the DXHH3 ...but i've always the same message

"Incorrect software ..."

WAht can I do ?

Try with the DXIA2 from secany ?

Maybe it's because i've a "french" Omnia ?

Try another DX ROM series. Do an another downgrade to one of the DX roms in that list and try again tu update to DXIA5 ( after the downgrade, check your *#1546792*# thingy to check the country and carrier )

Edited by ZiTe747

Guest bouboule
Try another DX ROM series. Do an another downgrade to one of the DX roms in that list and try again tu update to DXIA5 ( after the downgrade, check your *#1546792*# thingy to check the country and carrier )

Thanks.

I made it in the same time you write it !

It works !

Taril has already post his new rom !!!! with DXIA5 !

Edited by bouboule

Is the bluetooth issue fixed in this rom (Voice routing via BT headset mic) without applying liads/kuanchai solution

Can it works natively?

Edited by chokia

just wanted to give alittle heads up with the new firmware,

i have an omnia from singapore and i downloaded the philipines one, took me ages but got it finally ( because i didnt want the chinese input as i never use it) and did change in the preconfig the country and operator to those of philipines,, still get the incorrect version message.

had to wait another 7 hours to download the singapore version and ran the updater. didnt work the first time, the updater just restarted my omnia then nothing, closed the updater adn ran it again and this time thankfully it went flawlessly ( i am using vista 32bit by the way).

was reading a lot about the new widgets and finaly got them ( well i know they are not really that new since they were available in customs roms from before), and actually i am a bit dissapointed with them, since probably i had higher expectations...anyhow, the new widgets are supossed to have flash 3.1 to be able to work, right? does it mean then that flash 3.1 is installed in the rom??

second thing is that before i upgraded, i checked the version of opera on my previous rom (DXHK3) and it was 9.5 build 2500 (something like that)

and now in the DZIA5 ROM it has opera 9.5 build 1588x ( dont remember the exact build) but definitely the latest opera i suppose.

have been playing around with it, and it seems relative the same in terms of speed and responsveness as the DXHK3/DZHK3.

Currently after 14 hours of waiting for the ROM to download from samsung (even with a broadband of 25Mbps!) and 3 or 4 hours upgrading and reinstalling all my apps, i cant stand up anymore.

will try tomorrow if youtube works directly from the website, i mean in opera/IE.

It would be nice if people leave their impressions about this new official ROM here, we could all benefit from the individual opinions.

Edited by kav

I was so excited yesterday about this ROM but then since the bluetooth problem not fixed and nobody interested to mod the fix in their custom ROM, so my excitement gone back to zero.

What a dissapointment

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.