OMNIA Official i900DXIA5 Firmware - released

Guest erichkooi

Guest erichkooi

Hi,

I just updated to latest official i900DXIA5 firmware and so far it looks great but still a long way to go to beat HTC but is a good start for now. I starting to like it with new firmware especially the new online widgets.

So far, I notice added many news stuffs such as Favorite Setting, new game, video, ringtones and some changes on setting such as sound control panel and contact - kind of like programs scrolling, previously was sort by small alphabetical. Basically, they towards more graphical interface or finger friendly. New sharepix program added to upload pictures to internet.

Most importantly is the online widgets and yes, we can customize the display of the widgets. The weather widget look great but still lack of some setting such as able to change from current weather to forecast on the main screen.

We can add more online widgets but the widgets available kind of useless and I hope there would be more useful library in future for us to add into the Omnia or customize (Example: http://www.hdblog.it/mobile/samsung/2009/0...ng-omnia-i900/).

Guys, any news functionality found beside i mentioned in above?

Hopefully, the weather or stock widgets enable us to integrate with S2U2 program in future - I know it too much to ask but it would make nearly prefect if this added.

PS: Before you guy update this new firmware, make sure you backup everything as it completely clear your Omnia main device memory and also included My Storage.

Edited by erichkooi

Guest Emre SUMENGEN
Hi,

I just updated to latest official i900DXIA5 firmware and so far it looks great but still a long way to go to beat HTC but is a good start for now. I starting to like it with new firmware especially the new online widgets.

So far, I notice added many news stuffs such as Favorite Setting, new game, video, ringtones and some changes on setting such as sound control panel and contact - kind of like programs scrolling, previously was sort by small alphabetical. Basically, they towards more graphical interface or finger friendly. New sharepix program added to upload pictures to internet.

Most importantly is the online widgets and yes, we can customize the display of the widgets. The weather widget look great but still lack of some setting such as able to change from current weather to forecast on the main screen.

We can add more online widgets but the widgets available kind of useless and I hope there would be more useful library in future for us to add into the Omnia or customize (Example: http://www.hdblog.it/mobile/samsung/2009/0...ng-omnia-i900/).

Guys, any news functionality found beside i mentioned in above?

Hopefully, the weather or stock widgets enable us to integrate with S2U2 program in future - I know it too much to ask but it would make nearly prefect if this added.

PS: Before you guy update this new firmware, make sure you backup everything as it completely clear your Omnia main device memory and also included My Storage.

Would you mind keeping us updated with some screenshots, especially for those new sound control panel etc?

I've seen favourite settings, touch based sound level, widgets and etc. But I guess you're talking about something other than that, right?

Guest erichkooi
Would you mind keeping us updated with some screenshots, especially for those new sound control panel etc?

I've seen favourite settings, touch based sound level, widgets and etc. But I guess you're talking about something other than that, right?

Here is more information: http://www.ourplaypen.com/2009/02/28/samsu...a5-rom-upgrade/

and sorry, i do not have any screen capture software installed. The graphic look like classic phone dial where you can adjust volume level by finger. It split into 2 tabs (Phone volume and Ring volume), quite like it compare to WM6 standard. ** Will install the screen capture software when I free.

BTW, so far the device work great except favorite setting got bug on ringtone and battery life much better compare HK3.

GPS connection must faster compare HK3 (tested with Garmin).

PS: Extra Memory space compare to HK3.

Total update on the ROM is 6 files.

PPS: This is Official firmware from SAMSUNG and not a custom rom. If you google there is a custom rom and the name exactly the same as i900DXIA5/DZIA5.

Go to here and select your country: http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

Edited by erichkooi

Guest DJRedLine

Doesn't seem to be available for Vodafone - enter UK, and ACHJ2 as current ROM and it only gives me the same file to download.

Guest erichkooi

sorry, guys. I am not sure I am from Malaysia and the new firmware is available for Malaysia and Singapore. I am not sure with other countries.

Guest minimi
sorry, guys. I am not sure I am from Malaysia and the new firmware is available for Malaysia and Singapore. I am not sure with other countries.

Its just a bit strange that some areas don´t get any upgrades or not even listed on the 'upgrade page' while other areas (seems to) get upgrades.

Its almost like samsung just want people to mess around and flash the phone with firmware from other areas.

Guest buyaoxiao
Its just a bit strange that some areas don´t get any upgrades or not even listed on the 'upgrade page' while other areas (seems to) get upgrades.

Its almost like samsung just want people to mess around and flash the phone with firmware from other areas.

:( Try finding China !!!

I had been on custom Roms since .. after 1 month of buying Omnia.. no point going back to official firmware unless i find time to start to cook my own ROMS.

Do you guys really use all those applications/utilities in the (outdated) official firmware? It takes up space and u'll eventually run out of space for installing great apps (installing in My storage still takes up some space in device memory)

Be brave lads... take the leap to the dark side!

Guest Echew
:( Try finding China !!!

I had been on custom Roms since .. after 1 month of buying Omnia.. no point going back to official firmware unless i find time to start to cook my own ROMS.

Do you guys really use all those applications/utilities in the (outdated) official firmware? It takes up space and u'll eventually run out of space for installing great apps (installing in My storage still takes up some space in device memory)

Be brave lads... take the leap to the dark side!

I'm beining to think that Verizon has total control over the firmware for our 910. There have been at least 2 ROM updates since the 910 was released state side and STILL nothing for the Verizon version WTF!!!!

Verizon get you heads out of your ass and release these updates!!!

/Steps off soap box

Guest erichkooi
Is this the latest one after DXHK3? Can you advise whats the improvement with GPS in this ROM?

Hi Thestar_2009,

Yes this firmware is latest and after DXHK3 with additional features as mentioned in post #1. GPS connection is fast and tested with Garmin, estimation connection on clear sky around (+/-) 1 min from fresh restart.

From my point of view, this is the best official firmware for omnia at this moment. For those still in HK3, i strongly suggest upgrade to this firmware.

Guest ninurta

I dont know if i can update with this one.

Currently my Omnia says the following.

PDA: i900XKHJ3/XKHJ3

Phone: i900XXHI4

And when i go to the site and i enter Netherlands (the omnia is bought there but was flashed via samsung to english)

It asks me to download a file called i900XKHJ3_updater_xp_1117.EXE

By using that file would that update me to i900DXIA5 and would it let my omnia stay in english or would it become dutch again?

Any answer on this question would help alot.

Guest erichkooi
I dont know if i can update with this one.

Currently my Omnia says the following.

PDA: i900XKHJ3/XKHJ3

Phone: i900XXHI4

And when i go to the site and i enter Netherlands (the omnia is bought there but was flashed via samsung to english)

It asks me to download a file called i900XKHJ3_updater_xp_1117.EXE

By using that file would that update me to i900DXIA5 and would it let my omnia stay in english or would it become dutch again?

Any answer on this question would help alot.

Hi ninurta,

As i understand, this new firmware update only applied to Malaysia and Singapore. I am not sure other countries would get this update. For your case, you are getting the same firmware as your omnia had.

I have upgrade 3rd times since i got my Omnia.

HL > HK and now IA5.

DXIA5 = is released on 2009-02-28 and this is the latest from Samsung website. Maybe your country would release soon.

PS: Battery life is extremely good compare to HK3.

CHANGES on this firmware:

* New settings for enhanced GPS.

* Ability to update when omnia is connected to PC via ActiveSync

* Phonebook listing has been improved (Alphabet listing removed… its too small anyway unless you have a stylus)

* Volume control is now finger friendly (again without having the need for a stylus)

* Favourite Settings, a finger friendly application that access some of the settings

* “Share pix” program which is something like Shozu, for uploading of videos and images (Supports Facebook, Picasa, Flickr, Photobucket, Friendster, MySpace)

* New Game - Asphalt: Elite Racing 4 Ver 1.2.0

* Omnia Online widgets, now you can download more widgets. Old widgets are gone

* Opera 9.5 build 15746

The ‘My Storage’ has been cleared and some stuffs are included here

* The asphalt game is installed here (so is the cab file)

* 2 music files, TheOMNIA and BeyongSamsung

* Kung Fu Panda trailer

* Transformers trailer

* Omnia video tutorial

* Omnia launch video (Introduction and Episodes)

Info taken from http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=19742

Edited by erichkooi

Guest erichkooi

I would like to share these files to your all but files size to huge even on 2 music files, TheOMNIA (6mb) and BeyongSamsung (6mb).

* The asphalt game is installed here (so is the cab file)

* 2 music files, TheOMNIA and BeyongSamsung

* Kung Fu Panda trailer

* Transformers trailer

* Omnia video tutorial

* Omnia launch video (Introduction and Episodes)

Edited by erichkooi

Guest u8mypinkcookies

i updated mine to DZIA5.. i like the battery life now :( it improved already coz in my old ROM (before the updated), i hated it coz it drains so fast...

Guest ErVoMK

Hello.

My Omnia version is:

PDA: i800XXHHC/PAHHC

PHONE: i900XXHH9

So there is one problem. I cant update the device to the last firmware.

I tryed with some numbers to change the default - Signapore, but there is no effect. Again and again the same error.

Please help me...

Thank you!

Guest erichkooi

Hi KennethTang,

I am not sure as I seldom use motion sensor, maybe other users able to tell to you on this issue.

Hi ErVoMK,

I am not really sure about your omnia version and it for Singapore region. Google around and I am sure there will be some answer.

Hi Ashley90218,

I am not sure but I heard UK and other western region quite slow on releasing new firmware for Omnia.