QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest AvengerII

23049 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full) - Released on 15/09/2009

I've got an issue in SMS Tab: no way to start a new message neither by the top button nor from the bottom menu opened by "Menu"; can only reply to a message.

I have to open the "All Messages" menu' and then open the context menu to start a new sms.

Ciao, Marco.

Edited by AvengerII

Guest sara543
Same problem here. I asked this question in Sector's M2D thread also, but have not got any reply yet.

was i have the same problem like u guys (weather is not working in the home screen)

But had been resolved

because i'm in a city that doesn't support the weather so I was put another city near me in the weather widget

But the issue here is that the weather in the home screen doesn't follow the weather in the mean weather widget it follow ur position by the gps

so u must be in a city that support the weather and turn on ur gps like (igo) it will update the weather in the home screen according to ur position (not the city u set it in the mean weather widget, but the city that you are in)

I travelled yesterday and I saw that

before i used the gps the weather was not working in the home screen and when i used the gps and turned it off

i saw the weather of the city that i'm in

good luck guys and sorry for my bad english

Guest lushomnia
23049 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full) - Released on 15/09/2009

I've got an issue in SMS Tab: no way to start a new message neither by the top button nor from the bottom menu opened by "Menu"; can only reply to a message.

I have to open the "All Messages" menu' and then open the context menu to start a new sms.

Ciao, Marco.

same issue here. Any solutions?

Guest Laurie9300
Hi Laurie,

I noticed from your post count (=1) you look to be new here even though you joined way back in Feb.

PS - are you a representative of that product company??? That would explain posting in a thread like this. If you are a company representative, the site rules prohibit you from posting items such as this anyways.

Hi Ronaldb3,

Yes I a newbie, but I have been following this thread for a while and I am a fan of Sectors fabulous ROMs. I am sorry if I posted in the wrong thread & have deleted my post as requested. I am not in any way connected to this product, I only saw it as an opportunity to contribute to this thread as I have learned much from everyone here.

Thanks..................Laurie

Guest henry137
Hi Ronaldb3,

Yes I a newbie, but I have been following this thread for a while and I am a fan of Sectors fabulous ROMs. I am sorry if I posted in the wrong thread & have deleted my post as requested. I am not in any way connected to this product, I only saw it as an opportunity to contribute to this thread as I have learned much from everyone here.

i am also new, but why delete? just follow your heart!!! :D

may be mind need to open accept new thing :)

Latest ROM of today (as in 10th Oct 09) is WinMo 6.5.1 build 23412 and it looks AWSOME ... i hope it will remove many more bugs n not just an up in luks

That rom was out early september look at the video date.

Guest ronaldb3
Hi Ronaldb3,

Hi Laurie,

As I tried to say, I don't think it contributed to this thread, so thanks for removing the post here.

However, I also think you could contribute the info to the Omnia community by posting that info in another appropriate thread, and I still think you should. A free program is good to check out.

IMHO,

Ron...

Guest ronaldb3
i am also new, but why delete? just follow your heart!!! :D

may be mind need to open accept new thing :)

Hi Henry,

Posting about a new free app that might be useful to the Omnia community is basically a good thing. But surely you can see the advantages of doing such a post in an appropriate thread and not here.. This thread is already almost 500 pages with a lot of followers and experts (more capable than I). Can you image how much bigger it would be if everyone that follows here put all their posts about anything here???

You've been lurking (ie, few posts) here for almost a year now. You should have seen how this thread is used to answer a lot of questions about the roms presented here. And we try to help where we can. I've gotten good answers to my questions and I have jumped in with an answer when there is a question about something I have seen myself, or directed someone to another post I've remembered.

I hope the small space used for this discussion is not a waste of space here, as it might help other newies with the gist of the rules here, written or unwritten.

IMHO,

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest anthabax

i have problem with enhanced gps.seems like i cannot open it after i flash with this rom - 23049 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full) - Released on 15/09/2009

anyone know how to solve it or encounter same prob with me?

Guest micheangelo

There are some issues in the latest rom:

1. When I use finger keyboard, after typing letters "2mm leftover of the key's pop-ups" stays on the display. It's like every key that you used leaves a 2mm markup above the keyboard. When you close the fingerkeyb and open it again everthing is ok... Will re-installing the fingerkeyboard ( fingerkeyb fix in the thread) solve the problem?? 

How to reinstall the keyboard since it is provided with the rom and installed in windows directory? I've tried once to do it, and it resulted in formating my device, because omnia didn't want to restart after soft reset...

2. Second thing is that is quite impossible to use the notifications up bar... the newest manila looks great with this improved "small top bar" but... I tried and tried to lauch the wm6.5 notification window ( with battery, volume lev. and so on...) but It's REALLY HARD - I've managed to do it only once since I'm using the rom...  

Hi everyone,

Congratulations for your great job.

I want to ask a question. When my omnia are linked with the hands free, the screen turns on and off every few seconds permanently draining the battery. I tried some roms since Khuanchai 21234 but the problem persists. Have you any solutions or you knows where is the problem?

Thanks for your dedication.

P.D:

I have an original Audi Hands Free if you want to know.

Guest Diggedy
There are some issues in the latest rom:

1. When I use finger keyboard, after typing letters "2mm leftover of the key's pop-ups" stays on the display. It's like every key that you used leaves a 2mm markup above the keyboard. When you close the fingerkeyb and open it again everthing is ok... Will re-installing the fingerkeyboard ( fingerkeyb fix in the thread) solve the problem?? 

How to reinstall the keyboard since it is provided with the rom and installed in windows directory? I've tried once to do it, and it resulted in formating my device, because omnia didn't want to restart after soft reset...

2. Second thing is that is quite impossible to use the notifications up bar... the newest manila looks great with this improved "small top bar" but... I tried and tried to lauch the wm6.5 notification window ( with battery, volume lev. and so on...) but It's REALLY HARD - I've managed to do it only once since I'm using the rom...  

the only way to launch the top bar is to slide your finger up from the bottom of the screen to open the task manager and then press on the top bar. Far from ideal but it works

Edited by Diggedy

Guest GodsGift
sector...

make the offical rom now...

no bugs,no issue,everything running smothly

no more cock up...

thanx..

muackzzzz

wasnt aware that sector had cocked up ... back off and wait like everyone else

jeez

oh and the notifications bar works in the home screen (today) i.e. titanium and nowhere else but that is an ms problem in this firmware... its fixed in the next release.

use search guys and be patient

GG

Guest micheangelo
the only way to launch the top bar is to slide your finger up from the bottom of the screen to open the task manager and then press on the top bar. Far from ideal but it works

It works for me. Thanks! ( P.S. I have to do it twice, on Start screen and home screen then - works. Can live with it.)

Guest joseph56
.... nc

Hm strange... I think it is because of Dshow. Damn it :)

Sector could you please advise me on how to fix the Dshow in this case to be able to see video shoots within Camera or Album.also MMS voice attached .amr file can not open or read just tested sending MMS to myself and find out voice isn't Recognised. Thanks.

Edited by joseph56