QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest gianton
Does DPAD work for you guys? For me works on pushing the button inside but not on scrolling up,down,left,right.

pls report.

If you mean the centre key yes.

ok then good to know B).

-1 error to fix then. still struggling with the damn mouse. i hope the cat will eat it :(

great news. too bad i'm at work now, can't flash it cuz don't have XP here.

are you going to upload the c version on later ? thanks

Edited by hlay

Guest Magpie2000k
Does DPAD work for you guys? For me works on pushing the button inside but not on scrolling up,down,left,right.

pls report.

Hi.

Dpad works fine for me can move up and down on home page and on honeycomb i can move side to side

hope this helps

Edited by Magpie2000k

Guest stylus1828
This is ROM with new WinMo 6.5?

Where i can download WinMo 6.5?

Tnx

read the first page, first post, you will see a download link there!

Guest stylus1828
But i dont understand something. When i install this ROM Window automaticaly update to 6.5 version or how is this working?

have you ever installed an original/custom rom?

you install this like a "normal" rom! double click on the exe file, turn off your phone, connect it, start! it's nothing special!

Edited by stylus1828

But i dont understand something. When i install this ROM Window automaticaly update to 6.5 version or how is this working?

Honestly I advice you not to flash Omnia with this ROM...

qbus you just saying that to him as he doesnt know what to do or was it a more general comment...

I mean that when he is asking this kind of questions then he should learn a little about custom roms and then come back.

This ROM is not something intended for regular use - this is some kind of trial if it's possible to port WinMo 6.5 to Omnia - full of bugs and suprises :(.

Edited by qbus

Guest cobrica
have you ever installed an original/custom rom?

you install this like a "normal" rom! double click on the exe file, turn off your phone, connect it, start! it's nothing special!

Afcourse i have installed custom roms..

But look i dont understand process,when i install this ROM win mobile will go to 6.5 version or what?

Guest sector
Afcourse i have installed custom roms..

But look i dont understand process,when i install this ROM win mobile will go to 6.5 version or what?

yes yes yes.

click and go :(

Guest Akshay_LP

Wow, nice!

Great to see the omnia development community back in action and active now! :(

No seriously guys, good to see you guys still with your omnia and trying new stuff out.

Wont be able to flash now, but when I shall, be sure to expect a detailed report.

Great work guys!

Akshay

I think that we've achieved main goal. We are now able to cook ROM with Windows Mobile 6.5 as soon as it appears (and we got XIP/SYS files). I've updated ROM to C version which has mouse disabled completly.

Unfortunatelly this ROM is not a good solution for every day use - it's slow and buggy. As I wrote many times this is only preview of what we can get in the future.

I'm flashing back to DXIA5 (QB06 of course B) ) and will be waiting for something new in the world of Windows Mobile 6.5.

Thank you everyone for interest :(.

Of course you can post your opions, report bugs and discuss in this thread, but from my side I need Omnia for what it was made (talking) so I have to have stable OS in my telephone.

I think Sector is thinking the same.

Guest sector

Well i have to say also from my part that it was a good experience to work with this and great teamwork with my friend qbus :(.

As he said the main goal was to get more familiar with the upcoming Windows Mobile 6.5 releases and manage to get a better and more stable system.

I feel very happy that many of you people participated in this and helped us a lot. A big thank you from me and qbus.

You can get of course the C version of winmo6.5 but it is in very early beta versions, buggy and slow.

I will also return to 6.1 versions B).

Have fun, take care and thank you all.

Guest RodolfoG

Thanks guys for your time and work... do you plan on updating these tests/WM65 Roms with new versions as they leak? I'm really looking forward to using wm65 but if you both are reverting to 6.1 it clearly isn't the time. Thanks again!!

Thanks guys for your time and work... do you plan on updating these tests/WM65 Roms with new versions as they leak? I'm really looking forward to using wm65 but if you both are reverting to 6.1 it clearly isn't the time. Thanks again!!

Yes of course :(. We need to stay on track B) .

Guest RodolfoG
Yes of course :(. We need to stay on track :P .

Heh.. i guessed so B) ... On question... does someone know how many alarms can be configured on WM65? On 61 you could only use 3 alarms... that made me have to install 3rd party alarms... Also, does this os come with a timer (countdown timer to be precise)?

Thanks again!