QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest Ayhan Doganay

hi guys !

first of all sorry for my english , I can speak lil' bit :D

I need ur help bec. I had wm 6.5 custom rom with m2d ... I ve downloaded m2d theme but now only like 6.5 rom .. without m2d.. :S on today screen for example.. seems only windows default theme.. ıf you understand what am I sayın please helpppp me! :angry: what am I suppose to do now? could I fıx thıs problem or I must try to ınstall a new rom with m2d ?

Guest Ayhan Doganay
I installed this rom(top one) and my camera doesnt work. Is there a way to get that fixed?

But the rest of it is flawless! Thumbs up!! :D

try to install Pako777 s Modded i900 Camera maybe it'll fix this problem

Guest punkmonkey1984
That is from G-Alarm that you got instaled.just do what it says-Don't touch!!!!!! :D

You sure i though it was the samsung alarm that displays that message on windows alarm !!!

Guest mario.omnia
I'm reading several users here, saying "Hi Sector, I've download your build and I've tested it for ONE HOUR... some bugs..." and such.

HOW, in the name of ZEUS, you people are able to FIND OUT a new Rom, when your making conclusions in SIXTY bloody minutes?

LEAVE the Rom for 2-3 days, play a lot of it, "DISTROYED" it (the Rom) from the many tests and THEN... you can be able to comment for it.

Is it not?

("Hi, dear OPEL developers. I've bought my new OPEL 60' ago and I have some issues to discuss."... SOUND STUPID, isn't it???)

I didn't flash the ROM and leave my phone at peace for 1 hour...

In that 1 hour I installed lots of apps...tested WiFi...checked out rendering in IE...Opera...GPS...

And most of all...I tried to find out how good is the screen response...that is very important for me...

A lot is known about this ROM...many people posted their findings...so with that in mind you can get

a lot of testing done in 1 hour...since you know which things don't work...

The only thing that you can't find out in 1 hour is battery life...but I wouldn't even go to test the battery

life in any ROM that doesn't meet my demands in the most basic things I want the ROM to be stable in...

That last thing about Opel...no comment...

Guest mario.omnia
Hi Sector!

Can you please tell me how to remove background pictures you use...

I like it pitch black...no wallpapers of any kind...even lock screen...

(BTW when I rotate screen in main menu your wallpaper is tiled)

Belay that...can't believe how easy it was...I just changed the Today Wallpaper...

No comment...

Otherwise very stable ROM...so far...

Only minor things with screen response...this time 90% stylus free...

I don't even use it...I tap 10 times rather than use a stylus...

Great ROM...with great bundle of apps...

Edited by mario.omnia

Guest Cutefox
I'm reading several users here, saying "Hi Sector, I've download your build and I've tested it for ONE HOUR... some bugs..." and such.

HOW, in the name of ZEUS, you people are able to FIND OUT a new Rom, when your making conclusions in SIXTY bloody minutes?

LEAVE the Rom for 2-3 days, play a lot of it, "DISTROYED" it (the Rom) from the many tests and THEN... you can be able to comment for it.

Is it not?

("Hi, dear OPEL developers. I've bought my new OPEL 60' ago and I have some issues to discuss."... SOUND STUPID, isn't it???)

This is call bug testing.. the earlier we found the bugs, the faster it get fix if anyone knows how to, the less pain the other users will have when they get it flashed.. at least we are voluntary to try it out..

Guest Cutefox
I didn't flash the ROM and leave my phone at peace for 1 hour...

In that 1 hour I installed lots of apps...tested WiFi...checked out rendering in IE...Opera...GPS...

And most of all...I tried to find out how good is the screen response...that is very important for me...

A lot is known about this ROM...many people posted their findings...so with that in mind you can get

a lot of testing done in 1 hour...since you know which things don't work...

The only thing that you can't find out in 1 hour is battery life...but I wouldn't even go to test the battery

life in any ROM that doesn't meet my demands in the most basic things I want the ROM to be stable in...

That last thing about Opel...no comment...

precisely.. when new rom is out, is up to the community to contribute towards bug testing.. once we found something and we know its bad we'll post it.. everyone makes mistake, not saying sector's effort is bad.. not every1 is perfect.. he do the rom and we all chip in to help make it better.. i would rather hear lots of ppl posting within a few hrs abt the rom either if its bad or good.. at least we get an idea what we are looking at and know how to tackle it..

the opel comment also contradicts lupus's saying and agrees to our 1-2hr bugs reporting..

Edited by Cutefox

Guest dollar99
I coudn't install PocketMusic Player with the new rom, It stucks in the middle of installation.

I tried to install also and when it reaches the part to choose language i dont see any confirmation button on the bottom.So what i did was grabb the stylus and soft reset the phone.When it booted again,the program was there and its working ok.Hope i helped

I tried the same process of yours but when i opened the player, i only get big white screen with no other icons. Only the end button works to get back to the phone.

I repeated this once again and got the same problem. have i done any thing wrong, any help?

Has any one got the solution to this issue.

Edited by dollar99

My Omnia is i900L (GSM 850/900/1800/1900 and UMTS 850/1900/2100). Can I upgrade the ROM with Apollon without changing the frequency of i900L? Thanks

CANNOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SECTOR I LUV YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MAKE THE LATEST ROM THE BEST AND LAST OF THEM ALL...

MUACKZZZZ

CANNOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SECTOR I LUV YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MAKE THE LATEST ROM THE BEST AND LAST OF THEM ALL...

MUACKZZZZ

How can I update the ROM i900L?

Thanks

Guest lupus_hegemonia

Well... I CAN see you're not BRITISH, the most of you, isn't i?

(And if you do... probably you have some serious issue with your origin...)

BRITISH supposed to be FULL of "black humor" and they're ACCEPTING comments/critics from others!

You, fellas, the 90% of ya... you DON'T!

I was pretty much "calm" in my comments and my "OPEL" simile was "STRAIGHT TO THE BONE"!

Why are you complain about my comments?

WHEN YOU'RE TESTING A BETA SOFTWARE (MODIFIED BY A "COOKER"), YOU MUST BE BLOODY PATIENCE FOR IT!

You need to test it really hard in almost all fields and THEN... ONLY then... you can testify your review's drawbacks, isn't it?

HOW... a person who's testing something for a bloody ONE hr., is capable to give SERIOUS guides to the developers???

Do you really believe, testers for hardware (let's say mobiles or digital cameras) are spending ONE BLOODY hr to write down a damn review??? THEY'RE SPENDING DAYS (not say weeks!), m8s!

Anyway... Get yourselves a bit of bloody humor. You're too "jumpy"!

Cheers to all...

Edited by lupus_hegemonia

Guest ronaldb3
Well... I CAN see you're not BRITISH, the most of you, isn't i?

(And if you do... probably you have some serious issue with your origin...)

BRITISH supposed to be FULL of "black humor" and they're ACCEPTING comments/critics from others!

You, fellas, the 90% of ya... you DON'T!

I was pretty much "calm" in my comments and my "OPEL" simile was "STRAIGHT TO THE BONE"!

Why are you complain about my comments?

WHEN YOU'RE TESTING A BETA SOFTWARE (MODIFIED BY A "COOKER"), YOU MUST BE BLOODY PATIENCE FOR IT!

You need to test it really hard in almost all fields and THEN... ONLY then... you can testify your review's drawbacks, isn't it?

HOW... a person who's testing something for a bloody ONE hr., is capable to give SERIOUS guides to the developers???

Do you really believe, testers for hardware (let's say mobiles or digital cameras) are spending ONE BLOODY hr to write down a damn review??? THEY'RE SPENDING DAYS (not say weeks!), m8s!

Anyway... Get yourselves a bit of bloody humor. You're too "jumpy"!

Cheers to all...

I agree that one cannot COMPLETELY test for bugs in a rom in just one hour and then say it is just perfectly great. You might be able to say that all the major functions seem to be working OK. And with a long history with any one cook, you can have high expectations that everything looks pretty good. But even the cooks know of little bugs here and there. And with different programs running on different people's devices, there are conflicts the cooks can't even test for.

That being said, Lupus - let's give the guy a break that he may have just quickly mis-spoke and meant he found no (major) errors in his first hour of testing.

IMHO,

Ron...

Guest mario.omnia
That being said, Lupus - let's give the guy a break that he may have just quickly mis-spoke and meant he found no (major) errors in his first hour of testing.

IMHO,

Ron...

Like I said in my first post:

"Tested it for an hour and overall I saw no major bugs..."

Also I mentioned what happens if I start HTCEmu...which I noticed during that first hour...

Now...maybe I'm wrong but correct me if I said anywhere that this ROM is stable as hell

and there is no way it will crash or it is very buggy and it crashes all the time...

(obviously I could have said that only if I tested the ROM trough and trough)

So far you have posted only your comments of my post...

You haven't even described what you have found good or bad in Sector's release...

I suggest you leave the things I say for the one whom it was intended...and try to

contribute personally so that the next release will be better instead of commenting

other people...in the end this thread is not for commenting how other people test ROMs...

this thread is for commenting ROMs...

(this has gone out of hand...across 2 pages of this nonsense...what does it all have to do

with impressions of 23028 Apollon...I really don't know...)

Guest diverdude
im great ;) !!!

please stop fighting, i accept bad and good comments :angry: and noob comments also hehehe

Hello Sector,

Have you had a chance to look at 23031? Is this something you might want to build upon? Is it any better then 23028? Just some more noob questions :D Thank you as always! Diverdude

Guest ronaldb3
Like I said in my first post:

"Tested it for an hour and overall I saw no major bugs..."

Also I mentioned what happens if I start HTCEmu...which I noticed during that first hour...

Now...maybe I'm wrong but correct me if I said anywhere that this ROM is stable as hell

and there is no way it will crash or it is very buggy and it crashes all the time...

(obviously I could have said that only if I tested the ROM trough and trough)

So far you have posted only your comments of my post...

You haven't even described what you have found good or bad in Sector's release...

I suggest you leave the things I say for the one whom it was intended...and try to

contribute personally so that the next release will be better instead of commenting

other people...in the end this thread is not for commenting how other people test ROMs...

this thread is for commenting ROMs...

(this has gone out of hand...across 2 pages of this nonsense...what does it all have to do

with impressions of 23028 Apollon...I really don't know...)

I'm not sure why you picked my post to tie you comments to, but I thought I was just:

1. Kind of taking up your side/points, and

2. Trying to diplomatically calm the waters between two newbies and get them to move on.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest Cutefox
I'm not sure why you picked my post to tie you comments to, but I thought I was just:

1. Kind of taking up your side/points, and

2. Trying to diplomatically calm the waters between two newbies and get them to move on.

Ron...

i think he is agreeing with you.. lolz.. just move on everyone.. he's british.. =P

i just tried out drrkko new 23031 build, much better than 23028 build, more polished should i say.. no sms bug as well which was present in 23025.. but his build is very plain.. can we get one coming out of you soon? cheers man..

btw when i was testing your 23028 build i had that problem where it autokill if i open too much? shk and rizy rom seems not to have it as reported thou rizy's m2d rom i still experience it.. is it because of pagepool? can you maybe make 2 version? one with and witout pagepool? i will test and get to the bottom of this once and for all.. just aint that great when i try to show iphone users that we can multitask and everything else is autokill, if u know what i mean.. :D

Guest mario.omnia

Hi,

MS is really getting somewhere...I don't know about others but I kind of like

the OK button where it is now...plus with sizes of buttons that get bigger

and are placed to be easily pressed...making it even more finger friendly...

Not to mention that we all have i900 Omnias with screen resolution of only

240x400...I can only imagine how WM 6.5 will be responsive on some better

screen...like Omnia II...

No one can expect i900 to be ever as responsive as some of the phones with

better screens but thanks to people that spend their time porting and making

this phone better we can at least enjoy and prepare for coming generations...

Lets face it...we wont all have our Omnias in a year or two...

In the latest 23028 build it can be easily seen how that is their goal...

I find it very finger friendly...there are some cases when we have to input text

into some field and then the size of keyboard is just to big for the text field to

be easily seen...especially in landscape mode...but the most of the time 6.5 is

looking good and running smooth...

Personally I removed some CHome's panels...as they slowed down the scrolling

trough Titanium menu...here a 3d accelerator probably would do a better job...

Who knows what 6.5 will look like in final stage...I hope it'll be optimized to hell

so that we on older phones can enjoy the riches of new OS till we don't switch

up...

Keep up the good work with bringing the latest of 6.5 as I'm eager to test it out...

Guest ferrari85

Finally took the plunge to flash my omnia from 23004 to the current 23028. I have to say i like the new position of the ok button and the slightly bigger bottom bar, makes it a lot more thumb friendly, especially the ok button. Also, I like Neo Titanium as it is miles ahead of the regular titanium in terms of looks.

Basically not many issues with the build, except for the few well documented ones like fav people panel, and the slow typing problem (managed to get rid of the problem by installing and enabling FtouchSL, thankfully :angry: ). Overall, quite a stable build. Great job, Sector, thanks for ur work once again :D

Guest forelli

QUOTEI coudn't install PocketMusic Player with the new rom, It stucks in the middle of installation.

QUOTE( @ Aug 16 2009, 14:53) post_snapback.gifI tried to install also and when it reaches the part to choose language i dont see any confirmation button on the bottom.So what i did was grabb the stylus and soft reset the phone.When it booted again,the program was there and its working ok.Hope i helped

QUOTE(dollar99 @ Aug 16 2009, 17:35) post_snapback.gifI tried the same process of yours but when i opened the player, i only get big white screen with no other icons. Only the end button works to get back to the phone.

I repeated this once again and got the same problem. have i done any thing wrong, any help?

Has any one got the solution to this issue.

Hi bros, this is THE Pocket Music installation, and it's so damn easy:

When you're stuck at selecting the language because of the lack of "ok" button, just pop up the keyboard (any kb, finger kb, samsung kb or whatever) and press the return key, et voila: installation complete and successful! I found it when I was stuck too, and then I told myself that the ok button could be substituted by a return key entry, and it did the trick.

forelli

Edited by forelli