QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest mikecw

Hi Sector - long time user of your's and Khuanchai's ROMs, but only occasional poster.

Currently using Apollon with Neo-Titanium, and with the exception of the known (but minor) bugs, I think this is a great ROM. I note your suggestion you will go back to original Titanium for future ROMS - I for one think this is a backwards step. To me there are many things in Neo that are quite intuitive - for instance the positioning of the close button at bottom right. This is where it should be - it's much more accessable to thumb or finger. Just look at the actual Omnia itself - its main buttons are on the bottom, not the top! Perhaps its just habit that we look for it at the top? It's interesting to go back several months now and see all the comments about how bad Titanium was. You'd get the impression it was rubbish and was the work of some demonic mind! Now people are screaming to keep it! LOL! I agree there are some problems with the new interface, but these are mostly bugs and will fixed in the course of time. I also agree that some of the menus have been made too big (but then on previous ROMS you have to admit some are too small!), but again, as the dev proceeds this will be fixed and I'm pretty sure the final version will end up somewhere in between...

I vote to keep Neo - just my two cents...

Returning to lurk land...

Mike

Guest forelli
@ forelli and WAIKIKI

I'm waiting for Athena plus Original Titanium basically for two reasons:

1. S2P panel (yet not integrated into Neo Titanium....already asked to Blazingwolf)

2. Calendar panel function that shows the appointment coming up next

either those points are included in Neo Titanium, or I don't think I will flash Athena... :D I really need those things!

piece of advice, working for us, as for the chiefs: try! The trials and errors game is very good because in the process, you learn a lot. Just my 2 cent

forelli

Guest Michelle My Belle
Dear Michelle, you don't need to make it more complicated: just put your ringtones in My storage and just there, in the 'root', not in any folder or it won't work, and then select any wake-up alarm sound you want. Now I'm not using spbtime 2.1 anymore because I can set windows alarm with MY favorite ringtone. Here is one for you.

forelli

Ah, ha - hey presto.

Thanks Forelli.

James Brown - da man!

I Might use it but at least now I can use my Davey Jones musical Locket tune to wake me up. :D

Michelle My Belle.

Guest Michelle My Belle
thank you both michelle and shokka for the help. :D appreciate it. at the moment i am trying to figure out what to do with the files. hehee.

cheers

:angry:

If you refer to the previous post it explains what to do (namely, Windows directory).

You'll need to:

Backup or copy the originals somewhere safe - e.g. My Storage or Storage card.

Copy new files (take a look at what Shokka9 posted) into Windows using a program that will let you overwrite the old ones in Windows directory (they're protected) - I use RescoExplorer - but it's your choice.

Feel reasonably confident about doing this.

Make sure you feel reasonably confident about doing this.

Make sure ... you get the picture.

If you don't feel that confident, then leave it till you've had more time to get used to your phone ;)

But if you do And, if it all goes wrong, you can copy the files you backed up, back into Windows directory, soft reset and you're back where you started.

Good luck hwwr.

Michelle My Belle

Guest WAIKIKI728
@ forelli and WAIKIKI

I'm waiting for Athena plus Original Titanium basically for two reasons:

1. S2P panel (yet not integrated into Neo Titanium....already asked to Blazingwolf)

2. Calendar panel function that shows the appointment coming up next

either those points are included in Neo Titanium, or I don't think I will flash Athena... ;) I really need those things!

I don´t want any discussions.. :angry:

In my opinion ...you can choose s2p in clauncher..(or to try this:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=518257)this is what i do with nitrogen.....and the calendar panel with thumbcal shows your next appointment ,...i don´t see the problem....but it´s just one opinion.... :D

Please...jus one thing....can you make me a favour?can you write the letters in black...?....it´s not so nice when you write in red....looks like you are angry for something or someone and i guess it shouldn´t be like this.....

If you refer to the previous post it explains what to do (namely, Windows directory).

You'll need to:

Backup or copy the originals somewhere safe - e.g. My Storage or Storage card.

Copy new files (take a look at what Shokka9 posted) into Windows using a program that will let you overwrite the old ones in Windows directory (they're protected) - I use RescoExplorer - but it's your choice.

Feel reasonably confident about doing this.

Make sure you feel reasonably confident about doing this.

Make sure ... you get the picture.

If you don't feel that confident, then leave it till you've had more time to get used to your phone :D

But if you do And, if it all goes wrong, you can copy the files you backed up, back into Windows directory, soft reset and you're back where you started.

Good luck hwwr.

Michelle My Belle

MUAHAHAHA.

Thank you once again. I managed to do it.haha. the phone operates much smother now . lesser icons = lag free!!

Guest Mothamoz
Please...jus one thing....can you make me a favour?can you write the letters in black...?....it´s not so nice when you write in red....looks like you are angry for something or someone and i guess it shouldn´t be like this.....

lol +1 :D

Guest forelli
Thank you for your comments.

I wont make Neo again i guess, as i received PMs for original Titanium.

Also im skipping this version and waiting for a better one.

Cheers.

Hi Sector, I won't complain here about the bugs we all know (contacts and sms). What I find interesting in this build, is the start menu at the bottom: now you can do everything on your phone, even texting or emailing with 1 hand (thanks to ftouchsl). Unfortunatelly MS didn't reduce the size of the bottom bar, maybe in the next release.

Now the interesting part: why I'm not bothered about the bugs:

Man you put such an effort in the cosmetics that makes me forget about the bugs: the text in the drop down/up menus is not huge as the original MS, I like you start grid A LOT, no need to edit this cpr to have it in 5 rows anymore! I could spent more telling about it, but I would conclude saying that if you don't cook anymore with Neo, it's ok for me, cabs are always available.

Well, not a perfect rom because MS are playing the trials and errors game, as they supposed to, but for what was on your part, you did it damn good.

Thanks for that.

forelli

Guest sinancetinkaya

LZX compression? woow I say THIS is a cooked rom

Who does these damn good XIP stuffs ?

And new builds look like really awesome. I see Microsoft finally has found the right way.

Guest shokka9
LZX compression? woow I say THIS is a cooked rom

Who does these damn good XIP stuffs ?

And new builds look like really awesome. I see Microsoft finally has found the right way.

Damn good xip's........from the baw$$

My ROM with LZX should be available later, i know sector, woozer (and me a little :angry:) have been working on this.

It isnt easy bro :D

Yo guys

Sorry for the red coloring of my post.... I coloured them just because I find out that when I wrote them in black I was never answered (writing in red made me recognizable :D)

Anyway, I will consider flashing Athena (I already knew about Nitrogen Panel and the calendar stuff...Maybe it's just that I'm used to good ol' Titanium)... I'll let you know.

Big Up

Guest forelli
Yo guys

Sorry for the red coloring of my post.... I coloured them just because I find out that when I wrote them in black I was never answered (writing in red made me recognizable :D )

Anyway, I will consider flashing Athena (I already knew about Nitrogen Panel and the calendar stuff...Maybe it's just that I'm used to good ol' Titanium)... I'll let you know.

Big Up

no problem here, it's ok. Why don't you choose a picture? not mine of course, otherwise we will have both to write in red :angry:

forelli aka Kenshiro "The Fist of the North Star" aka Hokuto No Ken (Ken from Hokuto)

Lol Long tap delay and bad Touchscreen support makes this Build almost unable to use o.O

After all i think i'll go back to 6.1 as all 6.5 Roms have problems with autoclosing apps or other bugs. Awaiting for the final, stable 6.5 Build:)

Guest sector

Hello again.

Just to let you know about the bug on SMS. If you have any stored sms on your sim card, it will crash the inbox.

I just deleted mine and now works... Strange sh*t that made me loose my hair :D.

I think i have fixed also the Summary page. Anw i think i will upload 2 roms: 1 with Neo + 1 Original.

That's all folks

Guest johnx7
Hello again.

Just to let you know about the bug on SMS. If you have any stored sms on your sim card, it will crash the inbox.

I just deleted mine and now works... Strange sh*t that made me loose my hair ;) .

I think i have fixed also the Summary page. Anw i think i will upload 2 roms: 1 with Neo + 1 Original.

That's all folks

Great news Sector. Still messing with this badass build :D

Btw before you start uploading them, could you check if there's

something to be done also with the call screen : i noticed it's not

possible to click on the top taskbar items, they seem to be

poping behind the call's screen during a call (ie, can't click

on volume for raising it, or htc tasks for switching etc..).

Else thank you again for your time and dedication to the omnia's

community..

Aren't you afraid by the time you will have them upped

that a new build will be ready ? :angry:

Guest ronaldb3

+1

Guest coizamora
Hello again.

I just deleted mine and now works... Strange sh*t that made me loose my hair ;).

That's all folks

You are my hero!!!!

TKS man!!!! NICE work.

:D :angry: ;)

Anw i think i will upload 2 roms: 1 with Neo + 1 Original.

GO SECTOR GO!!! :D

Edit: my connect cable is on fire!! LOL! :angry:

Edited by d734

Guest sector
Great news Sector. Still messing with this badass build :D

Btw before you start uploading them, could you check if there's

something to be done also with the call screen : i noticed it's not

possible to click on the top taskbar items, they seem to be

poping behind the call's screen during a call (ie, can't click

on volume for raising it, or htc tasks for switching etc..).

Else thank you again for your time and dedication to the omnia's

community..

Aren't you afraid by the time you will have them upped

that a new build will be ready ? ;)

i dont think i can do smth for that... well what to do if a new build comes. I might not flash with the newest one :angry:. This one seems nice.

And please sector, please fix the tap-delay thing, okay? ;)

there is not tap-delay. i removed it.

try to install ftoushl. i might include it now in the newest roms.

Guest mr fantastic
will there be a version without neo titanium? i don't like it, too cluttered =/

Edited by mr fantastic