QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest forelli
Damn!!! Lost my usb cable!!! Now I can only wait for the new one arrive...

take one from the samsung f480 named Tocco, it may be cheaper and works very very good. It's one of my former phones, and the charger, headphones and usb cable work perfect with the Omnia.

Guest Michelle My Belle
Sector,

How can I customize the Neo's Today screen? using Original Titanium I use the Chome Editor. Anyway how can I remove Opera from my main screen.

Just continue using CHome Editor.

I have used it to remove some of the Neo panels e.g. M$ Internet Explorer :D

I like Opera, there's nothing like a good Opera :angry:

Michelle My Belle

Guest Michelle My Belle
hi guys...is the auto rotation thing not working or is it just me...

I've just re-tested this on 23034 v2 Neo and have found 1x failure in 30x auto-rotation.

For me it was prevalent in 23034 v1 Neo (I could get it to fail every time auto-rotation occurred).

So this is definately a step in the right direction.

btw if you have CMultiClock installed, it's simple to fix a messed up screen from auto-rotation, just press the CMultiClock icon (Home), then press settings and select 'Refresh CHome'.

Ta-da!

Michelle My Belle

Guest catmat
Hi Sector, i have a Problem with your new Rom, i flashed it on my Omnia and now the Omnia didn`t react on incoming Messages (SMS)

No Ringtone, no vibration or something else. I have tried to copy Ringtones on My Storage/My Documents or turn off the Notification restart the omnia and turn the Notification on again, but it is always the same Problem.

Sry 4 my bad English

Same problem for me... trying to select different tone for sms, or vibrate - do nothing. No vibrare or melody on incoming sms. Just simple light on screen. :D

Edited by catmat

Guest Cutefox

i got a different bug.. this is the original titanium v1 im on now.. i cant seem to find the hold volume down button to light up the flash.. im sure it was there in the neo titanium.. i need this useful function.. any fix sector?

Guest sector
Hi Sector, i have a Problem with your new Rom, i flashed it on my Omnia and now the Omnia didn`t react on incoming Messages (SMS)

No Ringtone, no vibration or something else. I have tried to copy Ringtones on My Storage/My Documents or turn off the Notification restart the omnia and turn the Notification on again, but it is always the same Problem.

Sry 4 my bad English

You should add it to \My Storage\My Documents\My Ringtones\

hi sector, not really complaining but compared to your new ROM, Shokka's ROM works like a charm. eg., the summary of contacts, auto rotation etc

The Shokka's ROM looks much stable with titanium on it.

How did this happen, i thought the version itself has the bug that cannot be rectified, but it works fine in Shokka's ROM.

You can flash to Shokka's rom.

Guest diverdude
You should add it to \My Storage\My Documents\My Ringtones\

Sector, will you be putting out any goodies in the near future?

Diver

Guest forelli

+1: freedom of choice, compare and choose what you like better

@dollar99: but I think IMHO that you should compare what is comparable and not criticize the bugs in this rom opposing them the lack of bugs in that other rom... The guy is working FOR FREE for the community, plus differents chefs means differents roms in the way of building them, maybe if this cooker want to have this and that in his rom, it can create a bug he's not aware of, and that other one cooker doesn't have it because he doesn't put the same stuff in his rom. Nice comments AND bad comments are welcome, said Sector. I guess we should know where the limit is. I don't wanna start a "fight" or anything, don't get me wrong, but I think such comments should be sent in pm directly to the chef in order to have more explanation rather than to discredit the cooker's job.

forelli

Guest sector
But when i add the Ringtones to this Folder the Tone didn`t displayed in the Drop down Menue for SMS Notifcations.

Mp3 dont work with SMS tones. Only .wav. There are many mp3 to wav converters free on web. Ask uncle google.

Sector, will you be putting out any goodies in the near future?

Diver

Like? :D Is this a trick question? hehe

Guest shokka9

:angry:

Sectors ROM is same as mine, just with different cosmetics and slightly different apps.

Seriously, both should work the same, trust me, i know :D

Hope you in later baw$$!

Hello Omnia users!

Off topic:

I wonder which backup program u are using.

I am using SPB backup, the problem is that all the programs from the earlier versions, stays on the phone.

Do you have any solution to this??

THX

And Sector, I love your roms!!

Guest hakeemy_007
I've just re-tested this on 23034 v2 Neo and have found 1x failure in 30x auto-rotation.

For me it was prevalent in 23034 v1 Neo (I could get it to fail every time auto-rotation occurred).

So this is definately a step in the right direction.

btw if you have CMultiClock installed, it's simple to fix a messed up screen from auto-rotation, just press the CMultiClock icon (Home), then press settings and select 'Refresh CHome'.

Ta-da!

Michelle My Belle

agreed...definitely a step in the right direction...auto-rotation works fine for me now...and also sector,,the ctc pic for incoming call thing is ok all of a sudden...maybe the system is fine tuning with Athena.. ;)

Same problem for me... trying to select different tone for sms, or vibrate - do nothing. No vibrare or melody on incoming sms. Just simple light on screen. :D

try this put in my storage "root" folder together with all the installed cabs in ur phone...and try to select it as ringtone/sms tone...and enjoy..Black_Eyed_Peas_I_Gotta_Feeling.mp3

:angry:

Guest ronaldb3
Hello Omnia users!

Off topic:

I wonder which backup program u are using.

I am using SPB backup, the problem is that all the programs from the earlier versions, stays on the phone.

Do you have any solution to this??

THX

And Sector, I love your roms!!

I use Sprite backup for normal time backups. Probably no better or worse than SPB BU. Sprite BU is also suppose to help with going to new rom or other device. I have not had much luck with this. So I use Sashimi. Works pretty good. There is a little bit of a learning curve to it. I still am not using all of its features. There are even tutorials on youtube for it.

Ron..

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest hakeemy_007

for me using Sprite BU is easy...IMHO..

when restoring i make sure only to restore personal data...never tick merge system cause it'll make u reflashed again.. :D happens to me...

ensuring the previous program is not restored, do not select ; my storage/program files option when transferring ur data...just my 50 cents..

Guest dollar99
+1: freedom of choice, compare and choose what you like better

@dollar99: but I think IMHO that you should compare what is comparable and not criticize the bugs in this rom opposing them the lack of bugs in that other rom... The guy is working FOR FREE for the community, plus differents chefs means differents roms in the way of building them, maybe if this cooker want to have this and that in his rom, it can create a bug he's not aware of, and that other one cooker doesn't have it because he doesn't put the same stuff in his rom. Nice comments AND bad comments are welcome, said Sector. I guess we should know where the limit is. I don't wanna start a "fight" or anything, don't get me wrong, but I think such comments should be sent in pm directly to the chef in order to have more explanation rather than to discredit the cooker's job.

forelli

;)

Sectors ROM is same as mine, just with different cosmetics and slightly different apps.

Seriously, both should work the same, trust me, i know :angry:

Hope you in later baw$!

Hey guy's, i never wanted to complain nor have a comparison especially with great two ROM's. Normally these two Rom's would be like twin brothers and this time first i flashed it with Sector's found lot of bugs, which has also been intimated to him by several other users. Then i flashed with Shokka's Rom, surprisingly found few bugs missing. Just wanted to know how this difference occurred, as Sector said these are MS errors and cannot be rectified.

Ok sorry, if i have hurt someone. As forelli said i should have know where the limit is. :D

Edited by dollar99

Guest mazeli

Well, it isn't really an important thing, but for some reason the solitaire game isn't work correctly in 23034. For example i'm not able to draw a card from one place to another.

Guest hakeemy_007
Well, it isn't really an important thing, but for some reason the solitaire game isn't work correctly in 23034. For example i'm not able to draw a card from one place to another.

its working fine m8..try to tap the card u want to drag..it will become black...now tap where u want to put it... :D

to draw u need to tap draw button below...

cheerrrss

Guest mazeli
its working fine m8..try to tap the card u want to drag..it will become black...now tap where u want to put it... :D

to draw u need to tap draw button below...

cheerrrss

ah ok, thank you :-)

but i miss the old way to drag the cards :angry:

Guest Get666

haha... this rom is a joke, right?<br /><br />its more buggy then anything else lol<br /><br />u cant type rly fast with the keyboard. <br />u cant shutdown ur wlan sometimes. <br />btw there is no non static weatherpanel icon on the left for me.<br />its lagging very bad :x<br /><br />so its just a test os now.. im going back to old release.. this is just looking good hehe.. like windows vista.<br /><br />but thanks for ur work..<br /><br />waiting for new build.. this is a joke hehe

Edited by Get666

So far so good, Love the ROM.

A little off topic here. Heard u guys talking about backup like SPB and sprite. May i noe is that one way to prevent urself from having to install all the program cabs again when flashed to a different ROM? cause everytime i Flash to a new ROM i had to install all the cabs one by one again.

:D