QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest Mad-Mod

Hey peeps, just got my digitizer replaced due to faults in my old one... :D, good to be back

Got one question... How do you set the "Samsung Keyboard" as the default keyboard?

Gr8 rom Sector!

Guest Mad-Mod

How do you remove "Office Email" as your default email accout? or at least delete it?

Does "Map Search" work for any one? or the browser on the main screen

Guest George_red_storm
Hey peeps, just got my digitizer replaced due to faults in my old one... :D , good to be back

Got one question... How do you set the "Samsung Keyboard" as the default keyboard?

Gr8 rom Sector!

Use IMSelecter and then do soft restart.

Guest lordmorgul
Hey peeps, just got my digitizer replaced due to faults in my old one... :D , good to be back

Gr8 rom Sector!

Use IM selector.

[...]

Does "Map Search" work for any one? or the browser on the main screen

You have to install Google Maps on My Device.

Guest dowiepower

Hi guys, im using sectors latest rom and i must say its awesome!! i have a questions about it.

Im old skool so i was wonderin if there was a .tsk or .cab file that would be able to change the start button to the top of the screen like in a stock rom and makes the menu bars top and bottom the same height unlike the one now with the massive bar at the bottom. ive looked around in the forum and i may have missed it but if i could get any help it would be appreciated. :D

Thanks all.

just wanna say :

GREAT JOB SECTOR...!!!

:D

may i suggest an idea

hope u can make it

how bout "autohide taskbar'

i mean the bottom..

sometime for the old app there's a toolbar at the bottom

so...the bottom taskbar in front of it (cover the app toolbar)

maybe u can combine with Ftoch for the shortcut to deploy again

tap the corner or something...

:P

wait 4 ur attention

peace...

Guest ronaldb3
Hi guys, im using sectors latest rom and i must say its awesome!! i have a questions about it.

Im old skool so i was wonderin if there was a .tsk or .cab file that would be able to change the start button to the top of the screen like in a stock rom and makes the menu bars top and bottom the same height unlike the one now with the massive bar at the bottom. ive looked around in the forum and i may have missed it but if i could get any help it would be appreciated. ;)

Thanks all.

Post from another thread in this forum:

"Try:

Startmenu - Settings - System - Large display - Checking "Use large start menu" makes upper left old style Start Menu available -"Today / Programs / Settings".

Note the area is invisible with no real button showing. Was this done by M$ on purpose? Who knows. :P "

This "trick" will then give you both the new roms and the old Start Menu. :D

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest ronaldb3
After I finished to try the 23075 and 23081, I can't connect to internet in both roms. Any idea?

Hi bt,

This thread only covers up to (sector's) rom 23064 (refer to thread title).

You might ask your question in one of the other threads where they are discussing 23075 and 23081.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest bt_fans

Dear Ron,

Thanks for your advice. But i have the same problem after I flashed sector's 23064. I can only connect to internet when I tried Anzo's 23075 ans 23081. Other 23075 & 23081 roms have the same problem of sector's 23064.

Edited by bt_fans

Guest ronaldb3
Dear Ron,

Thanks for your advice. But i have the same problem after I flashed sector's 23064. I can only connect to internet when I tried Anzo's 23075 ans 23081. Other 23075 & 23081 roms have the same problem of sector's 23064.

Hi bt,

There have been several posts in different rom threads about this in the past few months. I will try to tell you what I remember.

You should change your real phone operator (in phone settings) to some other operator in the list. Soft Reset. Change back to your real operator. Soft Reset. And that should make things better.

Why this works I do not know. But several have said this trick worked for them.

If you need to know more details on this subject, do more detective work with Search.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest dowiepower
Post from another thread in this forum:

"Try:

Startmenu - Settings - System - Large display - Checking "Use large start menu" makes upper left old style Start Menu available -"Today / Programs / Settings".

Note the area is invisible with no real button showing. Was this done by M$ on purpose? Who knows. :P "

This "trick" will then give you both the new roms and the old Start Menu. :D

Ron...

to ronaldb3 thanx for ur help, that is strange that it doesnt appear with an actual icon on the top left corner. ;) anyways the method u said wasnt really what i was after, i wanted the bottom bar the same old plane look in the original 6.5 roms but i suppose the only way im goin to get it is by cookin myself one, wait for somenone to cook one or download a older rom.

Thanx for ya help :lol:

Guest amirsdream

hi!

i want to say thank u sector.your rom is awesome.

but i can not see u here for two weeks!!where are u?

are u change u r device?

excuse me but i am curios to see u r new roms :D

Guest jmsmartins

sector doesn't use to cook with every version that MS releases. he told that after 064 e would cook with COM5, so he must be doing a great job. i bet he will release a rom that's near perfection :D take ur time chef!

Guest ronaldb3
to ronaldb3 thanx for ur help, that is strange that it doesnt appear with an actual icon on the top left corner. :D anyways the method u said wasnt really what i was after, i wanted the bottom bar the same old plane look in the original 6.5 roms but i suppose the only way im goin to get it is by cookin myself one, wait for somenone to cook one or download a older rom.

Thanx for ya help :P

I do not believe you will ever see the old bottom bar again with a new 6.5.x rom.

Ron...

Guest ronaldb3
Hi,

Good rom but igo don't work ( Out Of memory ... )

Have you got the solution plz ?

Hi billou,

I have also gotten my iGo8 to work from the Storage Card. I have forgotten the details, so go to site gpsunderground.com to find out how to change the iGO system.ini file to point to your Storage Card or even Internal Storage. You can also get pointers to get updated maps when they are released and learn the difference between tel maps and nav maps. There are a lot of knowagable people there that will help you with questions on several different gps map programs.

Ron...