Adding IMEs to BenQ E72

Guest Frontier

Guest Frontier

Hello,

Apologies beforehand if this is not in the correct place.

Being a new owner of the BenQ E72, I am trying to adapt the phone to my native language (Greek). The phone features Windows Mobile 6 Standard and supports the Greek language in terms of regional settings; however, it's not possible to type in Greek either via the numeric pad or T9 (absent).

After browsing these forums (and a lot Google-ing), I've collected some T9 Greek components in order to try to add the Greek language to it. Careful examination of the registry does not provide any clues about the existance of xT9, so I assume that the phone features the "standard" T9.

The problem is that even if the Greek T9 is recognized, it does not work. When the Greek T9 IME is selected, I cannot enter any words and the phone just beeps. Somehow I believe that the LDB DLL is either not correctly loaded - it does not appear in the "About T9" menu option - or there is some kind of problem with the OS (unlikely).

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Guest tobbbie

You may find some info + links in my blog (see tagline) on this device (which I do not own any longer). I think the key is to replace all T9 things, even the installed english one with the same version as the Greek one you need.

Guest Frontier
You may find some info + links in my blog (see tagline) on this device (which I do not own any longer). I think the key is to replace all T9 things, even the installed english one with the same version as the Greek one you need.

Thank you very much for the advice.

Tried what you said and indeed T9 works in Greek. The problem is that it works on all applications except the Messaging application (SMS).

Did you face this problem too while you had your device?