Best FREE tools for I900 - S2U2 swipe finger lock instead of Taskswitcher - Kyle is back :)

Guest KyleChen

Guest KyleChen

My 2nd post will not unload the common programs but some small tools.

Few of them are modified by me to suit i900

All the tools are packed in to .cab for easy install/uninstall, and configrations for i900 are built into the .cab, most time you just install then it will go.

For saving forum space, the .cab are high compressed, may take little longer time to install, but no affect to their functions.

Read, Download, Enjoy !

1, S2U2 1.52 for I900. (the ppl who asking for s2u2 password can be cracked by taskswitcher gave me this idea lol )

Only if you can swipe your finger up from bottom to active a build-in "Taskswitch" , and you dont like that "Taskswitch" much, you should install this S2U2. But if you dont meet these 2 requirements, plz dont install.

This S2U2 will disable and replace the build-in taskswitcher. next time you can use your finger swiping to lock and unlock the ppc which is super cool.

This latest version S2U2 can power off more devices than windows default power managerment(at least for i900, i did the research), which means sleep deeper and save more battery.

Before install, better do a reboot, after reboot, install it asap. otherwise the build-in taskswitcher may reject you to replace her.

After installation, plz Disable windows build-in lock from settings, including: Long press hang up lock&wake up automatic lock. If you dont do that, the system may be double locked in some cases and the two lock will lock each other B)

After if uninstall this S2U2, the taskswitcher will come back. It is not permanent replacement. so dont worry you'll lost your taskswitcher.

2, a real handy task switcher, wkTask.

Just look at the pic i uploaded, then you know what it is. makes the ppc's task bar like a pc's. install the .cab, reboot once, it will work. 1 process running behind, only 30kb memory is used. pre-configered for i900.

it also gives each program a option whether click "X" to minimum or really shut the program. save memory and sometimes save power.

3, Default_FileDlgExt

Some programs using windows build-in "files picking dialog", you can only open/save files in fixed places like "my documents", card root folder, etc .

This tool will crack these, and let you browse file anywhere in your ppc with any program.

4, GpsGate is not uploaded because it is a cracked one. GpsGate is very very very important for i900 cuz i900's gps chip is a different standard one, the data it output have more noise and can't be well regnized by most GPS programs like tomtom etc. GpsGate is acting as a filter, it ll rebuild the data then transfer to navigator software. it is kind of "Must Have" program for i900.

Consider buy it, remember set it into "close input when idle" for saving power.

by the way, the GPS signal strength of i900 is very strong, one of the best, indoor locate easy, accurate and fast, full sky range stars connected.. but there are so many ppl misunderstanding it because they dont use some program like the gpsgate. If go without it, the i900's original GPS will run very slow, no stars, can't locate with few stars, jump here to there bla bla bla......

5, RemoteDesktop

it is a funny program for me, control my laptop over GPRS with ppc. get it if you like.

6, SMSDRFixWM5

With this, you can disable the SMS send notification but enable the delivered notification. The delivered notification will show contact name instead of only showing numbers, and you can set up a sound for the notification from setting- "Sounds & Notifications" ----you should know you sms being read or not

7, Wifi Router

If you bring your laptop out, and want to use internet in urgen, this program will help.

It runs as a standard NAT, using your mobile GPRS internet, and make your ppc into a wireless router.

install it but dont run is ,set up a wifi " Device to device" connection from "settings->connecitons->wifi->add new" and just leave it there, run this program, then use your laptop search and connet to your ppc's wifi-hoc, then the laptop is online.

8, mGpsCmd

a debug tool for GPS, keep it somewhere in case one day you need it.

i use it when i climbing hills, it shows the altitude.

9,a black glossy theme for i900, made by me, fit the 240*400 screen in all aspects. take it if you like.

unzip into "my document", and it is ready to use. don't change file name. Sometimes may need to pick it from"Today" few times then the title bar start to change color. No idea why, i built the .tsk following strict rules and checked many times... :P

Ok that is all. Make sure the No.1,2,3,6,7,9 are migrating into main memory, otherwise they may not work.

================================================================================

=====

I upload the latest version GpsGate 2.6.0.326 for PPC here, It Is Not A Cracked Version but the thing called "Express License" are everywhere over internet. If you feel it is helpful to you and you use it a lot, consider purchase a license.

The only different from this one to official one is: official one will always showing a icon in task bar ,but this one will completely hide the icon,make the program working like a system driver, and all navigators software will just running perfectly like on other ppcs.

Setting Tips: after install, Go through wizard and input and output will be defined automatically. Goto advanced tab click "start after soft reset" and "show more options", go to input tab make sure the "close input when idle" and "close input on power off" are checked(otherwise bettary will be drained day and night. if they are unable to change, close input port temporarily, after change them then open input port again). Goto output tab to remember the active output ports. The navigator software have to be set to use these output ports. Baud rate everywhere are always 4800.

================================================================================

===============

to wright8: lol sorry for the troubles. normally this program is easy to use, when i bring my laptop to school , i use only 10 sec to connect my laptop to internet through my i900. and no side affect for me. and also i used it on my old phone htc9100 for more than two yeas.

but i remember some time before, it gave me some troubles.

and also with more list in the wifi connection, ppc will get stuck with one of them and take really long time(more than 5 mins) to skip the unavaliable ones, it is WM system problem, and i usually use manual connect, cuz i have a huge list of wifi in my i900 (school, workplace, homewifi, router conn, and few public free one) my i900 always dont know which one to connect to...

to lucavi: that bar is the battery indicator. means if you change the clock " always show in all program", when you in TODAY screen, you can read both battery and time, after you open any program, you will read the time from top as normall but the only way you can read battery is from that bar. this is a perfect sulution of knowing battery and time in all situation.

if you dont like it, just long tab the up right corner, go to perferences setting, and disable it.

to Lances, it is the official S2U2, i did nothing reverse engineering. Only things i did are , replace the taskswitch, and did a very carefull pre-set to disable some functions like "Caller ID" which are reported for giving some problems to I900 . So as i wrote, it is for i900 version, then i have to config it to make it as stable as possible for i900.

If you insist to have the original S2U2, just click the "default" in the S2U2 settings, then everything will all go back to the official default. but it may not work as good as what i pre set up for you :( but anyway it wont kill you phone lol.

S2U2_1.52_i900.cab

Default_FileDlgExt_1.66.cab

RemoteDesktop.cab

SMSDRFixWM5.cab

WkTaskL_1202.cab

FullBlackGlossyi900.zip

mGpsCmd.exe

Wifi_Router.cab

post-283780-1236461057_thumb.jpg

post-283780-1236461143_thumb.jpg

post-283780-1236461158_thumb.jpg

GpsGatePPC.HideIcon.cab

Edited by KyleChen

Guest mementomori

same for me :(

tnx for the good programs.. will try them. Also for the gps explanation.. dont use tomtom but mcguider since tomtom doesnt work without gpsgate. But i noticed in igo8 and mcguider your position sometimes jumps.. now i know why!

Guest wright8

7, Wifi Router

If you bring your laptop out, and want to use internet in urgen, this program will help.

It runs as a standard NAT, using your mobile GPRS internet, and make your ppc into a wireless router.

install it, set up a wifi " Device to device" connection from "connection settings" but just leave it there, after run this program, use your laptop search and connet to your ppc's wifi-hoc, then the laptop is online.

hi mate, not sure how to set up a device to device connection, any help would be great

Edited by wright8

Guest Yilmaz

Thnx for sharing your stuff KyleChen!

Maybe for some people this one is a nicer look to use them for a really glossy black taskbar colour.

Just copy the .exe file into your My Storage blabla and run.

Glossy_Black_Bars.exe

Edited by Yilmaz

Guest wright8

done what you said and i can connect to my home network, but i cant get this software to work.

i created the device to device network but when i run the program it chose to connect to my wireless network and not the device to device one. so i deleted the home network thinking if theres only the device to device one there then the program will choose this one which it did.

all conected, searched for it will laptop, found it and connected but still no internet. and then the only way to get it back to normal is to delete all settings uninstall program and then reboot.

i was hoping this would be nice and easy. run program and use as wireless router, then dont run program and use as normal wireless and use normal interent like home network.

if anyone could do a step by step on how to set up and connect to laptop and then close program and use as normal wireless without uninstalling everything, this would be a great help cause it looks like a great idea.

Guest Lancez

great stuff! all of them r working fine, like S2U2 the most.

one request though, is there any way that u can modify the offcial S2U2 with disable task switcher only?

thanks in advance :(

Guest Lucavi

The task switcher, wkTask, is really handy. But when I install it I get these butt-ugly grey bars at the top of my Omnia. Anyone else get these? I installed to the "Device".

buttugly.jpg

Enlarged to Show Detail

Edited by Lucavi

Guest dwethiswar
by the way, the GPS signal strength of i900 is very strong, one of the best, indoor locate easy, accurate and fast, full sky range stars connected.. but there are so many ppl misunderstanding it because they dont use some program like the gpsgate. If go without it, the i900's original GPS will run very slow, no stars, can't locate with few stars, jump here to there bla bla bla......

you've obviously never used IGO, have you?  :(

Guest illusion786
The task switcher, wkTask, is really handy. But when I install it I get these butt-ugly grey bars at the top of my Omnia. Anyone else get these? I installed to the "Device".

buttugly.jpg

Enlarged to Show Detail

Thats the battery bar mate. You can disable it in the Wktask preferences.

Guest Lucavi
Thats the battery bar mate. You can disable it in the Wktask preferences.

OOOOOOOHHHH! Duh! Thanks. Now that I know what it does...I'll still hide it. Thanks guys!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Persia

Can WkTASK works with HTC Task Manager on The Same Time?

i think it hurts that yes? anybody tried it? B)

Edited by Persia

After I installed S2U2, I didn't quite like it and uninstalled it after a hour or so. Then, I discovered that my orignal taskswitcher.exe file is gone from my programs folder!!

Can anyone help???

Guest maf107ezk0
After I installed S2U2, I didn't quite like it and uninstalled it after a hour or so. Then, I discovered that my orignal taskswitcher.exe file is gone from my programs folder!!

Can anyone help???

Hi, here is a link for the taskswitcher - just install:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5bmkymjdyez

and if you are on DXIA5: http://www.mediafire.com/?nu5zlhktgzy

ALL CREDITS GO TO shokka9 :excl:

Guest inite

I noticed from the screenshot that the way it is used to lock the phone is previously used for task manager. Does it take over the function completely?

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...