[VGA/WVGA/QVGA/WQVGA] [2009-04-07] mLock v0.3 - device lock with passcode

Guest merlot

Guest merlot

After mPlug, here is my second attempt to build a Windows Mobile application, it's called mLock.

mLock is at the moment only a passcode device lock with no settings except for your own passcode. In the future I will build a settings tool for changing passcodes, show/hide SMS, Email, MMS in passcode screen etc.

Also I try to implement a application lock so that you can define several applications that will be locked by mLock when someone will launch them.

It's very important that you report me every error (maybe with screenshot). That's the only way to make the app bug-free.

Attention: This is no high-security device lock.

Screenshots:

mLock_beta_1.jpgmLock_beta_2.jpgmLock_beta_3.jpg

Overview - Features, ToDo and System requirements

Changelog

Download here (please see installation information)

Suggestion are welcome on every time.

Edited by merlot

Guest maf107ezk0
is this not pretty much the same as the lock option on the latest S2U2!?

Well, yes but with S2U2 you can just open the task switcher and turn it off and beacuse of that it`s not really in any use B)

Guest goodbrand
Well, yes but with S2U2 you can just open the task switcher and turn it off and beacuse of that it`s not really in any use :(

Ah fair one :(

I didn't think about that!! B)

Guest merlot
is this not pretty much the same as the lock option on the latest S2U2!?

Yes, indeed. But mLock is standalone one works independent of other programs. Unfortunately I started developing at the same time as A_C did (he was faster because of his bigger knowhow and base of S2U2). You don't have to use mLock when you don't like it. B)

looks good but i have a simple question, in the third pic, it says "wrong code, try again in 1 minute" ???

but if by mistake i entered the wrong code or due to typos, i get the wrong code, do i have to wait for 1 whole minute to be able to use my phone again?

that could be frustrating, but thats just my opinion.

Edited by kav

Guest merlot
looks good but i have a simple question, in the third pic, it says "wrong code, try again in 1 minute" ???

but if by mistake i entered the wrong code or due to typos, i get the wrong code, do i have to wait for 1 whole minute to be able to use my phone again?

that could be frustrating, but thats just my opinion.

You can enter your code three times before the phone locks for 1 minute. After the minute you have another 3 attempts to unlock your phone. It's only to prevent people of cracking your passcode. In the settings tool I'd like to develop you will be able to increase or decrease this value and many other things, but this will come later.

Guest mementomori
After mPlug, here is my second attempt to build a Windows Mobile application, it's called mLock.

mLock is at the moment only a passcode device lock with no settings except for your own passcode. In the future I will build a settings tool for changing passcodes, show/hide SMS, Email, MMS in passcode screen etc.

Also I try to implement a application lock so that you can define several applications that will be locked by mLock when someone will launch them.

It's very important that you report me every error (maybe with screenshot). That's the only way to make the app bug-free.

Attention: This is no high-security device lock.

Screenshots:

mLock_beta_1.jpgmLock_beta_2.jpgmLock_beta_3.jpg

Overview - Features, ToDo and System requirements

Changelog

Download here (not available at the moment)

Suggestion are welcome on every time.

cool man i really like what you did, looks good! I must say that in order for me to use i need to see my appointments. Do you think its possible (like when you lock standard and you have spb shell, youll see your appointment) i have tried s2u2 but i dont like the sliding and i wasnt able to connect it to the normal lock key. I must say the version where you lock s2u2 by sliding up on your screen works good but you loose the task manager which i use a lot.

So bassicly 2 questions

1. will it become possible to show appointments

2. can you map it to the same key as the normal screen lock?

aight tnx keep up the good work

Guest merlot
cool man i really like what you did, looks good! I must say that in order for me to use i need to see my appointments. Do you think its possible (like when you lock standard and you have spb shell, youll see your appointment) i have tried s2u2 but i dont like the sliding and i wasnt able to connect it to the normal lock key. I must say the version where you lock s2u2 by sliding up on your screen works good but you loose the task manager which i use a lot.

So bassicly 2 questions

1. will it become possible to show appointments

2. can you map it to the same key as the normal screen lock?

aight tnx keep up the good work

1. Sure, It's only a question of my sparetime. First I'd like to finish the initial release of mLock and the settings tool before I digg deeper :( .

2. Maybe it's possible but therefore I need to know which key you mean. I don't use the normal screen lock (when you me the one of WinMob).

This looks good B)

Where can i download it from?

It's not ready for download, not yet. But it'll be in the next 2 days. It's only a preview for the moment, sorry for confusing you. :(

Guest merlot
This is application to lock other programs or what?

I mean that you can lock your messages soo nobody can read except if he know pass

Not yet. I'll implement this in the future.

Guest merlot
Cool man:)

What is with mPlug? Some new realases coming soon?

When I've finished the mLock settings tool I'll make a full skinable GUI for mPlug settings and maybe a few new features for mPlug.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shokka9

i think i might use Mplug in my ROMs bro, if that is ok??

I want something like this, as i listen to music very loud..and need simple app to take care of this for me, and this is probably it.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest ciscokidinsf

Hey guys, is anyone actually USING Merlot's mlock on their omnia's? I can't get mine to work and Merlot says no more updates/fixes in a while because he is busy.

Mine fails with the 'Failed acquring of the hook' message. I am using version 0.3. I was hoping maybe someone has 0.2?