[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest SKassam
Tested 6pp regarding startup ... and it is MUCH faster then the 4pp ... so there is a win ... I think the response in general is better as well ... faster that is ... so 6pp is better then 4pp in my opinion!

/isak

+1

Guest forelli
Friends,

This UltraLite ROM build 23001 with 6 MB Pagepool size is intended to correct 3 issues:

1. Optimum PP size

2. Video performance

3. Kinetic scroll

Download here

Please help me test.

thanks KC, downloading, coming up most likely tomorrow with my findings. Great job!

Guest kanikamus

Hi Khuanchai, thank you for your work

I have installed the 23001, report that the Mobile Device Center does not synchronize with omnia, I am using Windows Vista Ultimate. Someone else had the same problem? Now I am using 21820 12pp, working well and synchronize very well. Excuse my english.

Kani

Edited by kanikamus

Guest nikosxri

I used the 21806 16pp for about 3 weeks.It was really fast with no problems.

Now i test the new 23001 6pp.Seems slower than the previous overall.I am now waiting for sk tools benchmark results.

The 21806 16pp had a 301 score.

The 23001 6pp has a ... i am waiting for the result as i am writing, ...301.8 a little better!

Anyway i think the 21806 16pp is a little bit faster.

Guest monyozt

using 23001 4pp i think its so slow ROM response, when reply sms, need some delay.. hope khunchai fix so it can as fast as 21815

Guest Khuanchai
Hi Khuanchai, thank you for your work

I have installed the 23001, report that the Mobile Device Center does not synchronize with omnia, I am using Windows Vista Ultimate. Someone else had the same problem? Now I am using 21820 12pp, working well and synchronize very well. Excuse my english.

Kani

Not sure why. It synchronizes normally with xp. Someone please confirm. Please also test for errors of other functions/programs.

For those who still feel a bit slow for 6 MB PP, please try 8 and 12 MB versions below. ;)

23001 4 MB pagepool

23001 6 MB pagepool

23001 8 MB pagepool

23001 12 MB pagepool

Just place the 4 and 6 MB PP ROMs again here for easy access.

This is a fine tuning process, please don't ask me which is better. It belongs to all of us to select the best one with optimal speed and memory.

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest pangtm
Not sure why. It synchronizes normally with xp. Someone please confirm. Please also test for errors of other functions/programs.

For those who still feel a bit slow for 6 MB PP, please try 8 and 12 MB versions below. ;)

23001 4 MB pagepool

23001 6 MB pagepool

23001 8 MB pagepool

23001 12 MB pagepool

This is a fine tuning process, please don't ask me which is better. It belongs to all of us to select the best one with optimal speed and memory.

I been using 23001 4MB - slow and not so fast

now using 230001 6MB - better and faster than 4mb.

For 8mb and 12mb , anyone can help to post a mirror ? thanks

thanks KC for all your great ROMs.

Edited by pangtm

Guest Chad Petree
I still can't swap to the next or previous image while im using the media album, i can only zoom, this happens when i try to view the images directly from the today screen, taping on "pictures" it does not happen when i press start and then select media album, does anyone else have this problem? ;)

ScreenShot3.jpg

T.T anyone? come on , am i the only one? =/

Edited by Chad Petree

Guest Laruku Jr.

Chad, I think it is normal if you click to view picture from Titanium Today screen. If you want to browse through the remaining picture, you have to go directly to Media Album from start menu. ;)

Guest monyozt

no.. im too...

Chad, I think it is normal if you click to view picture from Titanium Today screen. If you want to browse through the remaining picture, you have to go directly to Media Album from start menu. ;)

im agree with you :D

Guest monyozt

23001 4 MB pagepool

23001 6 MB pagepool

23001 8 MB pagepool

23001 12 MB pagepool

any improvement about touchscreen response??

Guest dave18

Khuancai: thanks. I'm on 6mb pp latest rom and i'm very satisfied. connections eg wifi/gps /activesync very good. with some earlier roms just can't seem to connect for long on wifi. ;) thanks again.

Guest SKassam

I am on the 12mb of the latest rom and find the speed with startup and execution of programs much faster than the 6mb. Wifi and Edge work fine. Have not tried Bluetooth and GPS yet. Touch works very well also. I am staying with this.

Wish I could get Titanium weather and ccom to work and then I would be really happy. Thanks for a great ROM Khuanchai.

Shamim

Guest Khuanchai
I still can't swap to the next or previous image while im using the medi album, i can only zoom, this happens when i try to view the images directly from the today screen, taping on "pictures" it does not happen when i press start and then select media album, does anyone else have this problem? ;)

ScreenShot3.jpg

This is a feature, not a bug. :D

Guest Khuanchai
I am on the 12mb of the latest rom and find the speed with startup and execution of programs much faster than the 6mb. Wifi and Edge work fine. Have not tried Bluetooth and GPS yet. Touch works very well also. I am staying with this.

Wish I could get Titanium weather and ccom to work and then I would be really happy. Thanks for a great ROM Khuanchai.

Shamim

From your feedbacks, I think it's not a good idea to go with 4 MB PP. From 6 to 8 MB PP, better performance is possible with the exchange of program memory. ;)

Guest Khuanchai

Update: Omnia Lite ROM base DXID1 build 23001 6-12 MB pagepool with BT-audio fix (4 July 2009)

Friends,

Good news: I have finished the Lite ROM and ready for download.

Added to UltraLite ROM:

- Games

- Live search

- Windows Live and messenger

- WM Widgets

- Some more tools

Screenshots for Lite ROM with 6 MB pagepool size:

post-201908-1246700347_thumb.jpg post-201908-1246700367_thumb.jpg

post-201908-1246700376_thumb.jpg post-201908-1246700385_thumb.jpg

Download here:

Lite 23001 6 MB pagepool

Lite 23001 8 MB pagepool

Lite 23001 12 MB pagepool

Bad news: Noting that there is very minor change after the final WM 6.5 build (21234), this ROM build (23001) is probably the last ROM for me unless a significant improvement. I would rather wait for the official WM 6.5 ROM from Samsung that may be easier to customize. My current process takes quite a long time and can easily make errors or file missing. ;)

Enjoy!