[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest zagzag99
Solution #10 from the first post:

10. Cannot connect to internet: Go to Settings>Connections>Operator settings, Set a different operator than yours wait for 30 secs and then re-enable your default one.

Thanks, but anyway non of the operators is actually mine.

I'm using the phone in Israel and these roms are not for our zone.

Anyway it used to work with other ROMs in this forum.

Guest elvis101
Thanks, but anyway non of the operators is actually mine.

I'm using the phone in Israel and these roms are not for our zone.

Anyway it used to work with other ROMs in this forum.

It needn't to be yours. Try change used operator to another, wait 30 sec., then go back with setting.

Guest pangtm
Great romthank you

can some one provide a mediafire link for the 3 in 1 rom please ?

Hi, can someone provide a mirror upload pls ? I can't seems to be able to d/l from the link from rapidshare.

Thanks.

Guest coool oz

First of all,

I really appreciate all your effort to provide us these impressive 6.5 roms to enjoy windows 6.5 on OMNIA.

I have been using your roms from last 1 months, recently I installed "Omnia_UltraLite_23001_PP4" and used it for over a week, and found only one issue,

kinectic scrolling were not active on all application, apart from that all was working fine..

yesterday I switched to "Omnia_UltraLite_23001_PP6", and kinetic scrolling issue seems get fixed.

but I started facing issue with many application which run on .net compact framework..

I again switched to "Omnia_UltraLite_23001_PP8", and same .net compact framework issue still exists.

now switching back to "Omnia_UltraLite_23001_PP4".

I hope this feedback will help to improve these roms.

Best Regards

Guest ejoya

yes internet through activesync does not work..

another problem i notice is that the rom normally should prioritize internet from wifi first, if cannot be found then it will connect throught gprs.. sectors rom and original rom work like this.. in 23001 ultralite 8mb pagepool.. it will keep on connecting to gprs even if i have wifi enabled

i fixed the input problem by installing samsung keyboard and disable xt9 which is not good since i chose ultralite and having samsung keyboard defeat its purpose of being lite.

hopefully master khuanchai can fix these issues without doing it throught a new rom.. maybe cab files or something to replace the needed dll files

Edited by ejoya

Guest connico

Im a nub, I'v spent sometime downloading and testing, but I can't get the touchflo version???

So maybe i do have the touchflo version and i need to enable touchflo?? If this is so can someone please advise how this is done??

I have search on the forum but its huge and I cant find clear instructions how to disable titanium and then enable touchflo?

Edit.

The nub has advanced to noob...

GoTo > start > settings > today > items > select touchFLO

Edited by connico

Guest Brandar

Hello. Another problem from me. My Manilla got broken. It displays "Tap here to launch.." bla bla bla. I do as it orders me to, "Launching TouchFLO" appears then the "Tap..." msg comes back again. Tried restoring settings/theme by M2DC, soft-reseting, but didn't work. Any solutions excluding hard-reset? Thanks in advance.

Guest StierOle
Im a nub, I'v spent sometime downloading and testing, but I can't get the touchflo version???

So maybe i do have the touchflo version and i need to enable touchflo?? If this is so can someone please advise how this is done??

I have search on the forum but its huge and I cant find clear instructions how to disable titanium and then enable touchflo?

yes spendet some time in downloading but NO time in reading!!

you will tell me that you install ROMS not knowing WHAT you are installing/flashing ???

recomandation ist READ a little bit more.

Start - Settings - Today - Items

Guest tommex

hi,

finally i also stumbled over this great ROMs and installed the Omnia_Lite_23001_PP8 version.

at the beginning this worked great and i really enjoyed this great piece of work with a perfect combination of tools included! :D

so far so good. unfortunately, after using it for a few hours i encountered two problems which i am currently not able to solve (even after investigating for hours):

1. while the ROM was really fast at the beginning (the first hours of usage) it suddenly became very (!) slow, allthough i did not install any further tools (apart from the samsung keyboard). sometimes it even gets so slow, that it "feels" like a 99% CPU usage. ;)

2. during my efforts to configure the titanium interface to my needs (using the CHome editor), i suddenly "lost" the "programms" (CWelcomeCenter) panel.

this seemed to happen while i tried to add a page, but received an error in the CHome editor.

since that this programms panel disappeared (on the "home"screen) and it is not possible to get it back. i tried to deactivate it (with the CHome editor) and acitvate again, i tried to delete all pages within this panel and create a single (new) one, but without success. i finally also tried to change it directly within the registry, but also without any effect.

also i noticed when deleting a page of the CWelcomeCenter within the registry, it is only deleted while the omnia has not been (soft-)reseted, but after a reset, the registry looks like i never have deleted any subpage...

of course i am no expert, but i have spent hours of investigation on that topic without any success. i really hope that someone of you experts can give me a hint on where to further proceed (or investigate, or reade, or...) to solve those issues.

if i just get rid of this two problems, the ROM would be perfect for me!

thanks in advance,

Thomas

ps: i have also tried the UltraLite_21820 with 8MB pagepool ROM and i encountered the same issue like describben in point 1 (also after a few hours)

Edited by tommex

Guest vass_k

Hi there!

First of all - thanx a lot for your Omnia ROMs. I used to them since this February, and i'm fully satisfied with your (as well as Sector's & Qbus) brilliant work. The one problem is in hosting - Rapidshare is not a good idea. Could you host your ROMs on Narod.ru or on other hosts exept that very-slowly-and-often-refusing Rapidshare?

Edited by vass_k

Guest arunachalam
From Sector, qbus-sector-khuanchai-windows-mobile-6-5-research-thread, <<http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general-omnia-rom-discussion/285140/qbus-sector-khuanchai-windows-mobile-6-5-research-thread/>>:

Q: What is pagepool?

A: Page pool is an area of RAM which is set aside to hold the next block of code the processor is likely to need to execute. It prefetches this from ROM as it executes the program. If the next step of the program needs something that's not in the page pool, the processor goes to the ROM to get it. ROM access is slower than RAM access. So generally, as you increase the page pool size, the chances of the required code being in the page pool increases and speed increases. There is a limit beyond which you won't see any increase in performance.

Thank you markkohfm.

Guest condorx

Thanks Khuanchai, just upgraded to PP12mb lite rom after an entire no-flashing month ;)

Faster than ever!

Anyway guys, there's something strange going on:

40527943.jpg

As you can see there's a 1px line under the bottom bar. I realized it only having set a lighter background.

Is it just me?

EDIT: damn, in the screenshot it is barely visible... The bottom bar is 1px above its natural place, so it ends 1px before the very bottom of the screen, where there's a thin line showing the background instead.

Edited by condorx

Guest Jeanne8fr
Experiencing the exact same problem. For example, when I type the word 'hello', after pressing the button h, the cursor returns to before 'h' so the word ends up as 'elloh'.

Internet through ActiveSync is broken too.

I have seen that as well. I thought I was doing something wrong. It's not a huge deal but it means you must look at what you type closely.

I have the TouchPal keyboard on that I prefer and it's doing that with it also.

Jeannette

23001 8mbpp

Guest BrayJosh

Hi Guys

Another noob here to posting but I have been using roms from this site for ages and this is definately the best.

I am using 23001 PP12 3in1 and loving it.

My question is regarding M2D, can you set the end call button to take you back to the Home tab the same way it does in titanium?

I know I can set other buttons but I have developed the habbit and wanted to know if this was possible.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

BrayJosh

Guest ejoya

condorx - hi do you have a cab for the titanium notification? the one with 4 icons with 0 counters.. thanks

for others who are having problems with input.

go to hklm\system\currentcontrolset\layout\et409\

rename compime to wcompime

this will disable t9 feature completely

Edited by ejoya

Guest vinbeaver

Hey kuanchai, I have a question for you if you could please.  I currently use sector's roms, and someone that uses your roms mentioned that they are able to make SMS-Chat the default program for SMS.  Could you help me at all to make that a reality for me please?  What basically I would like to do is when I have a new text message showing in the notifications panel, when I select that I would like it to open SMS-Chat instead of the default MS SMS program.  Someone provided a registry edit to do it and that does not work and am wondering if it's something different in the way you build your roms vs. sectors or what... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Michael Pang

OmniaLite review: http://www.ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com/htmls/Samsung-Om...r_2211-p_2.html

With OmniaLite starts floating around, i guess some of the New SamSung Apps can be ported our Omnia I when it is released. Both are the same resolution.

i like the new PhoneBook, Touch Calendar, File Manager, Task Switcher, Start Menu.

Also the new touchwiz supports multi-pages.

Edited by Michael Pang

Guest nixxss
OmniaLite review: http://www.ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com/htmls/Samsung-Om...r_2211-p_2.html

With OmniaLite starts floating around, i guess some of the New SamSung Apps can be ported our Omnia I when it is released. Both are the same resolution.

i like the new PhoneBook, Touch Calendar, File Manager, Task Switcher, Start Menu.

Also the new touchwiz supports multi-pages.

i want that calendar!!!