[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest Mike178

Hi KC,

Thanks for the rom very smooth and all working but...

I am using your latest 12pp 3 in 1 rom and it is runing like a charm, the only isssue i was facing that most of the time the application close after opening it, so i have to reopen it, today i was reading in Sector page, i see that in his new rom he mentioned fixing htc task manager auto killing application, you think this is the issue?

is there a way to fix it in your rom please?

thank you

Guest gianton
condorx - hi do you have a cab for the titanium notification? the one with 4 icons with 0 counters.. thanks

for others who are having problems with input.

go to hklm\system\currentcontrolset\layout\et409\

rename compime to wcompime

this will disable t9 feature completely

It works thanks. ;)

Guest palah

Hi Khunachai and others ...

using 23001 lite 12pp and after have come across two issues

1. after a call some times the screen freezes (esp from a call if you lose service and it drops out)...the 'x' button disapears & the top bar goes a light grey ... you cannot shut down via the power button or anything else tapping screen just goes 'bing'... must pull battery out ;) ... it happend twice yesterday and again today

2. Wi Fi comes on (not sure how or why) but you cannot turn off... either by tapping bar in CommMgr or turn off wi fi under menu... a reset is needed to fix

On Programs in Storage memory Have installed

m.carroll Pureblack *on rom

Gameloft Asphalt 4

szy_pkg2cab dice

Omnia Keyboard,

Opera 9.7

Garmin XT

MVC 1.6

Resco Explorer

azharsunny iTouch_azharsunny * on rom

any help as did not experience same issues as these apps installed before

Guest forelli

Thanks KC for the Ultralite 23001 12PP. The rom is fast, has some bugs and is less stable than 21820. Flashing back to your Ultralite 21820 because this rom sometimes, becomes crazy: the Today screen starts to scroll down and up, and down, and up, at such a speed that you can't even hit Reload. But I can live with it. After a few hours and a couple of hard resets, the rom suddenly slows down, almost not responding, taking almost 20 seconds to show the Start menu after you pressed start, but I can live with it. Yesterday, for an unknown reason, during the afternoon, the landscape function stopped working for an unknown reason. No matter what I tried, it would not work: fav haks, Motion sensor in settings, soft-reset... I guess I will have to do a hard reset, but when I will, I will flash back to 21820, so it will be pretty useless.

Apart these issues, the rom is damn fast, just try Resco explorer with it, you need brakes sometimes. 12pp is definitely the best for me.

Just to underline that these issues are, IMHO, build-related, not cook-related. I also think that 23001 is not as stable as a build. Maybe the next one?

Edit: was mistaking, the next one has bugs too. thanks beav for the pointing this out.

forelli

Edited by forelli

Guest vinbeaver

Hey forelli, sector was actually talking about 23003 not 23001.  Sector just released 23001 today, he built 03 but said there were some bad bugs.  I've been using sector's 23001 and it's great!  Haven't ran into any issues thus far.

Guest mo976

Connection.cabConnection.cab

Thanks, but anyway non of the operators is actually mine.

I'm using the phone in Israel and these roms are not for our zone.

Anyway it used to work with other ROMs in this forum.

Try this cab its the settings for Orange IL

Edited by mo976

Guest mo976
Thanks, but anyway non of the operators is actually mine.

I'm using the phone in Israel and these roms are not for our zone.

Anyway it used to work with other ROMs in this forum.

Sorry about the double post my computer did something funny!

Edited by mo976

Guest VishalThacker

Hello Mentor K,

I love to d/w your and sector's roms. Your new version is super fast. no doubt about it. Screen sensitivity cannot be described.

In a nutshell, you work hard to build your roms so that they are rock stable.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

VT

Guest Too-Sexy
here are some benchmarck test.

NOTE: the 8 & 12 Mb Pagepool refers to UltraLite_21820 the 6 Mb refers to the last kuanchai rom (23001).

post-422946-1246962084_thumb.jpg

Hmm, from the looks of it the 23001 ROM doesn't look very stable. I don't think that its because of the 6MB PP. Probably that version is buggy.

I am still using 21820 4MB PP and i am very happy with the speed and Free RAM of my device.

Guest Ori0n

I ve installed the latest 23001 ROM 12mb pps (tried 3-in-1 and ultralite) and came across this very annoying issue:

To be able to snyc with active sync i need to uncheck "Advanced Settings" in Settings/Connection/ USB to PC ...nothing new so far. But every time i reset the device (Omnia), it somehow loses the setting, even if the box is still unchecked. Having to change that everytime is a big spoiler....

I just flashed ultralite and tried it, nothing else on the device.

Anybody experiencing the same, or even having a fix? (I m also happy with a workaround..)

Guest ChongHian
Hmm, from the looks of it the 23001 ROM doesn't look very stable. I don't think that its because of the 6MB PP. Probably that version is buggy.

I am still using 21820 4MB PP and i am very happy with the speed and Free RAM of my device.

I would intepret the chart in a different perspective.

23001 6MB vs 21820 8MB

--------------------------------

Between this 2 configurations, there is no clear winner, or shall I say, advantage of which to choose. Apart from the Grahpics Index which 21820/8 clearly stands out from the competition, and the almost neligible 2MB difference for 23001/6, no other statistics favors any sides. If I were to use graphics intensive apps like PointUI or M2D, I would go for 21820/8 (or even better, 23001/8)

23001 6MB vs 21820 12MB

For this comparison, I would say that 23001/6 wins by the sheer 6MB extra RAM of running ram intensive apps (e.g. Opera, PDF Viewer, or any viewer that supports opening large document size, etc).

As for the Office Mobile indexes with error, well, afaik or encounter, there are no problems opening office docs and the loading time are pretty much instantaneous.

For me, I'd stick to 6MB, as compared to 4, 8 or 12. Reason being, 6 MB gives pretty much the optimal usage for an average user, which I assume to be the mass. Anyone who wishes to improves on I/O performance can increase their file system paging size (1MB FS size achieves a speed which is fast enough for me to accept, tho the recommended size is normally 2MB).

4MB is unacceptable for me since I am running PointUI and there is a clear lag between touch and response in the 4MB version, as compared to the 6MB and above version, even with increased FS size.

But clearly, 8MB allocation upfront to PP will be for the pple with high usage on graphic intensive apps, and the 2MB is pretty neligible as compared to 6MB PP set-up.

Regards,

Edited by ChongHian

Guest OmniaKnight

hi can some1 pls kindly make a mirror for khuanchai newest 3-in1 rom pls .. i think it will allow others to dl easier and others will also benefit . thx i really wan to try the rom ;)

Guest Too-Sexy
I would intepret the chart in a different perspective.

23001 6MB vs 21820 8MB

Between this 2 configurations, there is no clear winner, or shall I say, advantage of which to choose. Apart from the Grahpics Index which 21820/8 clearly stands out from the competition, and the almost neligible 2MB difference for 23001/6, no other statistics favors any sides. If I were to use graphics intensive apps like PointUI or M2D, I would go for 21820/8 (or even better, 23001/8)

23001 6MB vs 21820 12MB

For this comparison, I would say that 23001/6 wins by the sheer 6MB extra RAM of running ram intensive apps (e.g. Opera, PDF Viewer, or any viewer that supports opening large document size, etc).

As for the Office Mobile indexes with error, well, afaik or encounter, there are no problems opening office docs and the loading time are pretty much instantaneous.

For me, I'd stick to 6MB, as compared to 4, 8 or 12. Reason being, 6 MB gives pretty much the optimal usage for an average user, which I assume to be the mass. Anyone who wishes to improves on I/O performance can increase their file system paging size (1MB FS size achieves a speed which is fast enough for me to accept, tho the recommended size is normally 2MB).

4MB is unacceptable for me since I am running PointUI and there is a clear lag between touch and response in the 4MB version, as compared to the 6MB and above version, even with increased FS size.

But clearly, 8MB allocation upfront to PP will be for the pple with high usage on graphic intensive apps, and the 2MB is pretty neligible as compared to 6MB PP set-up.

Regards,

Very good observations man! Thx.

I will agree with you that having more than 8MB PP is not for normal everyday use. That is why i stick with a low PP ram. The next days i will try the 6MB PP to see if there are any noticeable difference with my current 4MB PP.

Guest Chad Petree
Very good observations man! Thx.

I will agree with you that having more than 8MB PP is not for normal everyday use. That is why i stick with a low PP ram. The next days i will try the 6MB PP to see if there are any noticeable difference with my current 4MB PP.

So whats the use of 12 pp then? ;)

Guest ChongHian
So whats the use of 12 pp then? ;)

For starters, I believe the main reason why KC bother to cook so many variants of the 3 flavours(UL/L/4-in-1? normally i'd go for either UL or L so can't recall off my head what's the 3rd flavour :D ) is because he need feedbacks on which pagepool variants are suitable for which flavour, in terms of catering for the masses.

The previous post was my own interpretation and experience in terms of my daily usage using different variants of UL sitting below the applications of my choice (aebplus, pocket informant, pointui, isilo, resco fe, advanced config, touchpal, opera with max of 8 tabs). I am not advocating for these apps or saying they are the best suite of apps for KC's UL 6MB PP, however, the response I got from these apps are pretty much faster than those before the split (come to think of it, what was the original default pagepool? 8MB? ).

In essence, I am trying to find the optimal performance using the least RAM allocation for my set of apps, (with response time being my primary concern, and concurrent usage of memory intensive apps being my secondary with the assumption that stability is universal to the variants), and I felt that 6MB PP just happens to fit my bill.

So, whether or not the 12MB is useful, depends on your needs.

Regards,

Edited by ChongHian

Guest Chad Petree

finger scrolling DOES NOT work on build UltraLite_23001_PP12 while using word mobile, can anyone confirm this? ;)

Guest jse2
finger scrolling DOES NOT work on build UltraLite_23001_PP12 while using word mobile, can anyone confirm this? ;)

Yes. It is not working

Guest forelli
Hey kuanchai, I have a question for you if you could please. I currently use sector's roms, and someone that uses your roms mentioned that they are able to make SMS-Chat the default program for SMS. Could you help me at all to make that a reality for me please? What basically I would like to do is when I have a new text message showing in the notifications panel, when I select that I would like it to open SMS-Chat instead of the default MS SMS program. Someone provided a registry edit to do it and that does not work and am wondering if it's something different in the way you build your roms vs. sectors or what... any help would be greatly appreciated.

hey beav, just flash to one of his rom, the light one will be ok, almost like sector's rom, and try the registry edit. I will say that they definitely don't cook the same way. Some stuff work with his roms and not with sector's and vice versa, so it's worth trying. Good luck

forelli

Guest forelli
afaik, word mobile used to be not support finger scroll in previous rom

true, just like multiple selection in file explorer, almost impossible to get 6 or 5 files highlighted, so using resco explorer.

forelli